NATION

PASSWORD

How Do I Undo A National Policy I Didn't Vote For?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Byzantiaum
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

How Do I Undo A National Policy I Didn't Vote For?

Postby Byzantiaum » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 am

I seem to have some National Policies which I did not want or vote for, but were assigned to me by NationStates for some reason. For example, when I said I do not want sex education and free condoms in elementary schools, I received the Birth Control Is Illegal National Policy. When I said I do not want driverless cars on my roads, I received the Automobiles Are Banned National Policy. When I said I oppose artificial intellegence computers, I received the Computers Are Banned National Policy and lost access to the internet (I was eventually able to restore access to the internet, so hopefully my people are allowed to have computers now?).

Anyway, it seems I must embrace a left-wing, liberal stance on everything, or get smacked with severe consequences and then I'm told that I'VE instituted the ridiculous National Policy (instead of saying NationStates has imposed the National Policy). So, how can I make birth control legal, while still keeping abortion-on-demand illegal? How do I restore automobiles to my roads, without making them Google-controled? It just seems to me that there should be a remedy available within a couple of weeks or at least some way to veto a National Policy which I neither want nor voted for.
Last edited by Byzantiaum on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:11 am

The answer for all of these is really the same: wait until you get an appropiate issue on the subject (I'm pretty sure there are ones for all of these), then read the options carefully before answering. There isn't a shortcut.

Return to Technical