NATION

PASSWORD

Random Names Saved in Game-Side Log In Box

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Conservative Values
Envoy

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Right-wing Utopia

Random Names Saved in Game-Side Log In Box

Postby Conservative Values » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:23 pm

So, I've been seeing this for a while now and it isn't so much a problem as it is weird. If I am logged out and try to use the log-in at the top right gameside on chrome (or if I'm logged in gameside and try to use switch at the top right on chrome) there are several nations in the suggestion box that I have never tried to log in to. Some names I have seen there I don't recognize at all, but one that I saw on there today was a nation in my region that I did look at yesterday but did not try to log in to. It is not my nation at all, but another player in the same region.

I'm sure it is just a weird cookie problem, but I also can't help but worry that somehow that name is ending up in my log in box.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:42 pm

It's almost certainly not cookies, nor anything on our side. That sounds like your browser's auto-fill function. I'd ask other people with access to your computer if they've been trying to hack other nations. If they succeed, it could rebound badly on you.

To get rid of it, hit <crtl-shift-delete> on most browsers and clear Forms and Search History. Of course that will also wipe out other saved form information, which you may prefer to keep.

Conservative Values
Envoy

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Conservative Values » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 pm

I am the only one with access to this computer and every other computer I use to log in. And to my knowledge I have not been sleep hacking. If I type 'f' into the nation box your nation name is suggested for me try to log in to. Have you had any failed log in attempts? :P

Anyway if it is user error I don't know what I could be doing wrong. I've been on NS for ages.

Conservative Values
Envoy

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Conservative Values » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:33 pm

So upon some investigation and test work, the input box on the Boneyard page has the ID 'nation' which is the same ID as the gameside log in field (forumside says 'username'). So my browser lumps all those together.

Boooooo. Any chance the input field on boneyard page could have a different ID?

EDIT: (Sorry I have to confess to randomly looking up Fris in the boneyard. I'm not creepy!) :P
Last edited by Conservative Values on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Technical