NATION

PASSWORD

Drug Industry

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Drug Industry

Postby VoVoDoCo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:25 am

Right now we have industries like pizza delivery, soda pop, yada yada yada. There have been some whispers of NS adding new industry stats to the mix.

Do they plan on adding recreational drug manufacturers to the list of new industries or...?
Are use voice to text, so accept some typos and Grammatical errors.
I'm a moderate free-market Libertarian boomer with a soft spot for Agorism. Also an Atheist.

I try not to do these or have those. Feel free to let me know if I come short.

Qandaristania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Qandaristania » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:30 am

Oh God I'd love some khat industry going on.
Soomaaliya: 3 men executed earlier today for treason
Somali Republic -- Jamhuuriyadda Soomaaliyeed -- الجمهورية الصومالية
Population: 30 million
Head of State: Zakaria Osman Adam
Military: 1,2 million in total
DEFCON: [4:]Small tensions
15 year old, Shafi'ite Sunni. Somalilander.
I am:
Pro: Palestine, Somaliland, Ba'athism (Iraqi), IRA, Rohingya
Neutral: FSA, Somalia,
Anti: Israel, Daesh, Ba'athism (Syrian), Iran, Saudi Arabia,
PROUD DRISELBIAN!
☪ Proud member of The International Islamic Coalition ☪ - Ittihad ☝ Tawheed ☝ Jihad! ☪
This nation is a Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!
Somalilander!ISIS is #1 enemy of IslamIslam =/=TerrorismSend me a telegram - I love them

VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby VoVoDoCo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:35 am

Qandaristania wrote:Oh God I'd love some khat industry going on.

I'd love it too. If you allow the market sale of recreational drugs, you get plenty of issues/options on regulating/deregulating the industry and whatnot anyway. Creating an industry stat to correlate with the usage of drugs and effectiveness of those industries seems like a logical next step, in my opinion anyway.
I'm a moderate free-market Libertarian boomer with a soft spot for Agorism. Also an Atheist.

Qandaristania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Qandaristania » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:40 am

Vovodoco wrote:
Qandaristania wrote:Oh God I'd love some khat industry going on.

I'd love it too. If you allow the market sale of recreational drugs, you get plenty of issues/options on regulating/deregulating the industry and whatnot anyway. Creating an industry stat to correlate with the usage of drugs and effectiveness of those industries seems like a logical next step, in my opinion anyway.

It's not that hard to implement either.
Soomaaliya: 3 men executed earlier today for treason
Somali Republic -- Jamhuuriyadda Soomaaliyeed -- الجمهورية الصومالية
Population: 30 million
Head of State: Zakaria Osman Adam
Military: 1,2 million in total
DEFCON: [4:]Small tensions
15 year old, Shafi'ite Sunni. Somalilander.
I am:
Pro: Palestine, Somaliland, Ba'athism (Iraqi), IRA, Rohingya
Neutral: FSA, Somalia,
Anti: Israel, Daesh, Ba'athism (Syrian), Iran, Saudi Arabia,
PROUD DRISELBIAN!
☪ Proud member of The International Islamic Coalition ☪ - Ittihad ☝ Tawheed ☝ Jihad! ☪
This nation is a Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!
Somalilander!ISIS is #1 enemy of IslamIslam =/=TerrorismSend me a telegram - I love them

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:53 am

Qandaristania wrote:It's not that hard to implement either.

Please don't post like you have a clue about how hard it would be to add. You don't know the game code. You have no idea what's involved in adding an industry. Go ahead and make your request, but please stop posting about things you cannot possibly know.

VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby VoVoDoCo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:03 pm

Qandaristania wrote:
Vovodoco wrote:I'd love it too. If you allow the market sale of recreational drugs, you get plenty of issues/options on regulating/deregulating the industry and whatnot anyway. Creating an industry stat to correlate with the usage of drugs and effectiveness of those industries seems like a logical next step, in my opinion anyway.

It's not that hard to implement either.

What the frisbee said, bad move. And probably discourages them considering it.

So is this a good idea? Is it possible?

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Not before beekeeping industry is added!
Jokes aside, we already have the Recreational Drug Use census. Why would we need this? To me it seems like it would just be superfluous clutter on the rankings table.

Independant Nations and Guilds
Envoy

Founded: Aug 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Independant Nations and Guilds » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Merconitonitopia wrote:Not before beekeeping industry is added!
Jokes aside, we already have the Recreational Drug Use census. Why would we need this? To me it seems like it would just be superfluous clutter on the rankings table.

I suppose to differentiate legal and illegal recreational drug use?

I know the Confederacy would love to get the state-controlled opium business running, as well as the more obvious alcohol and tobacco. (No, not heroin... just regular opium.)
A 12.75 civilization, according to this index. Though it wasn't exact.
Confederate News: Reserves called in to aid in the defense of Civurgrangten, an important Confederate city. Captain Venturius to be first human to receive the Red Star of the Confederacy in over a century, for valiant actions in battle. 'State opera a glorious, communist success' says Chairman Hringsson.

Confederate March?
My nation does not reflect my actual views and instead is meant to reflect one of three world superpowers in a Pathfinder campaign.
CING practices a form of communism that is closest to real life Trotskyism.
NS States Used: Authoritarianism, Culture, Defense Forces, Economy, Government Size, Human Development Index, Inclusiveness, Law Enforcement, Welfare

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:I suppose to differentiate legal and illegal recreational drug use?

Industries do not necessarily reflect legal activities. My major industries are mostly thanks to black market activity.
Such differentiation would also be largely obsolete as the recreational drug use census mostly reflects how liberal the nation is about drugs anyhow. Nations hard on drugs universally have lower rates, nations soft on drugs universally have higher rates.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:23 am

Seconded!

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:
Merconitonitopia wrote:Jokes aside, we already have the Recreational Drug Use census. Why would we need this? To me it seems like it would just be superfluous clutter on the rankings table.

I suppose to differentiate legal and illegal recreational drug use?

The game's code seems to define all drug use as 'illegal': Legalize drugs in your nation and its rating for illegal acts will increase...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:13 am

not quite, rather the game presumably considers drug use a potential cause of crime. I don't think this is to be interpreted as drug use being considered a crime in itself.
Last edited by Merconitonitopia on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby VoVoDoCo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Actually, that sounds WAY cooler than weed. And that's a tough hurdle to hop. :clap:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical