NATION

PASSWORD

Is there a way to get rid of the socialism policy?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
Ile de la Loutre
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Oct 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Is there a way to get rid of the socialism policy?

Postby Ile de la Loutre » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:22 am

I completely misread the issue in which they ask for AI to take over economic decisions (I dont recall the name). I thought it meant that we'd put AI into the government to help with government planning, and not all economic planning.

I clicked that option, and BOOP, private industry is now gone, something that is completely ooc for my nation to do. I dont recall the option mentioning it would switch over to Socialism, and the other options included banning AI completely or not allowing AI to handle anything.

This issue also dropped my economic freedom by 300+% and dropped my economy down to strong, so I ended off being worse off after the decision.

Is my only option to wait for this issue to come around again, or am I just screwed completely?

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 20713
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:51 am

There's also at least one older issue to reintroduce free enterprise in nations that had banned it, and one that was added after this specifically to replace the AI with capitalism.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474.

User avatar
Ransium
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 6776
Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ransium » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 am

There are 10 issues with options which change your nation from socialist to capitalist (although you may not be eligible for all 10).

Mangroves are invasive to Hawaii.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest from March 20th, 2007 to August 19, 2020.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017 with some down time.
Author of 27 issues. First editor of 44.
Moderator since November 10th 2017 with some down time.

User avatar
Ile de la Loutre
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Oct 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ile de la Loutre » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Ransium wrote:There are 10 issues with options which change your nation from socialist to capitalist (although you may not be eligible for all 10).


As long as theres a way, Ill be happy.

Guess Ill just have to wait to recieve one of those issues.

Thanks for the help!

User avatar
Ransium
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 6776
Founded: Oct 17, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ransium » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Ile de la Loutre wrote:
Ransium wrote:There are 10 issues with options which change your nation from socialist to capitalist (although you may not be eligible for all 10).


As long as theres a way, Ill be happy.

Guess Ill just have to wait to recieve one of those issues.

Thanks for the help!


Yes, some of those issues are definitely open to all non-capitalist nations. Good luck.

Mangroves are invasive to Hawaii.

Commended by SC 236,
WA Delegate of Forest from March 20th, 2007 to August 19, 2020.
Author of WA Resolutions: SC 221, SC 224, SC 233, SC 243, SC 265, GA 403, GA 439, GA 445,GA 463,GA 465,
Issues Editor since January 20th, 2017 with some down time.
Author of 27 issues. First editor of 44.
Moderator since November 10th 2017 with some down time.

User avatar
Gregicstan
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 104
Founded: May 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregicstan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:31 am

This happened to me to i think one more option should be added to assist capitalism with the AI
Approved by Melee Kerman, the president of the Syndicate of Gregicstan.
Wki of Gregicstan|Sell and repair damaged planes here!|Want an embassy?

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4811
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Fauxia » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:20 pm

That doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, really.

Don’t worry, there’s a specific reversal for the AI-Socialism thing
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

User avatar
Ferrom
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ferrom » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:27 pm

Ransium wrote:There are 10 issues with options which change your nation from socialist to capitalist (although you may not be eligible for all 10).


Do you recall the names of any of these issues?

User avatar
Montmorencia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 44
Founded: Apr 18, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Montmorencia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:48 pm

Ferrom wrote:
Ransium wrote:There are 10 issues with options which change your nation from socialist to capitalist (although you may not be eligible for all 10).


Do you recall the names of any of these issues?

One of my puppets received one of these issues yesterday and it reversed socialism and AI planning; Central Planning Theatrics.
——————————
————————————
Montmorencia

Economic Left/Right: -4.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36
Make America Great Britain Again

User avatar
Melenavenia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Dec 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Melenavenia » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:27 pm

When this happened to me I got so pissed off. Like the creator of this post I just thought there would be AI assistance to help with the economy, not complete AI takeover of everything to make my country into a socialist state. I literally had just made the transition into a thriving economy from a very strong economy and it knocked me back down to that. I am trying to be a centrist capitalistic state and this really annoyed the hell out of me. I thought if it would do anything it would boost information technology and/or scientific advancement as well as the economy because it might limit human error.


User avatar
Sierra Mojave-IV
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Apr 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sierra Mojave-IV » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Thank goodness I wasn't the only nation that fell for the issue that removes capitalism and instead implements socialism and A.I. backed economy. When I gotten the issue to have artificial intelligence help with the economy planning I thought it too would remove human error, and then it would be a capitalistic economy with no human made errors to cause unwanted mistakes but you know now that capitalism was completely abolished accidentally since the issue never specifically viewed the full effects. It truly pisses me off that now I am a Liberal Democratic Socialist classified country with a socialism economy policy, thanks a lot for the change whoever made the issue. You made me lose my NEw York Times Democracy as well.

User avatar
TalAkMaChen
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 422
Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TalAkMaChen » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:10 am

You'll get it back by choosing appropriate options to change stats back to where NYT Democracy is given. ;)

User avatar
Corparatial
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: May 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Corparatial » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:03 pm

That darn issue, I fell for it as well
Guess ill have to wait to get free markets back
Congrats! You found me!

User avatar
Seffa
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Nov 26, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Seffa » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Ile de la Loutre wrote:I completely misread the issue in which they ask for AI to take over economic decisions (I dont recall the name). I thought it meant that we'd put AI into the government to help with government planning, and not all economic planning.

I clicked that option, and BOOP, private industry is now gone, something that is completely ooc for my nation to do. I dont recall the option mentioning it would switch over to Socialism, and the other options included banning AI completely or not allowing AI to handle anything.

This issue also dropped my economic freedom by 300+% and dropped my economy down to strong, so I ended off being worse off after the decision.

Is my only option to wait for this issue to come around again, or am I just screwed completely?

Exact same issue happened to me, now my country is socialist and my economy dropped from about 1 trillion to 890 billion :/

User avatar
Seffa
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Nov 26, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Seffa » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Ile de la Loutre wrote:I completely misread the issue in which they ask for AI to take over economic decisions (I dont recall the name). I thought it meant that we'd put AI into the government to help with government planning, and not all economic planning.

I clicked that option, and BOOP, private industry is now gone, something that is completely ooc for my nation to do. I dont recall the option mentioning it would switch over to Socialism, and the other options included banning AI completely or not allowing AI to handle anything.

This issue also dropped my economic freedom by 300+% and dropped my economy down to strong, so I ended off being worse off after the decision.

Is my only option to wait for this issue to come around again, or am I just screwed completely?

Exact same issue happened to me, now my country is socialist and my economy dropped from about 1 trillion to 890 billion :/

User avatar
Seffa
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Nov 26, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Seffa » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:22 pm

Sierra Mojave-IV wrote:Thank goodness I wasn't the only nation that fell for the issue that removes capitalism and instead implements socialism and A.I. backed economy. When I gotten the issue to have artificial intelligence help with the economy planning I thought it too would remove human error, and then it would be a capitalistic economy with no human made errors to cause unwanted mistakes but you know now that capitalism was completely abolished accidentally since the issue never specifically viewed the full effects. It truly pisses me off that now I am a Liberal Democratic Socialist classified country with a socialism economy policy, thanks a lot for the change whoever made the issue. You made me lose my NEw York Times Democracy as well.

I went from Corporate Bordello to New York Times Democracy, my economy took a huge hit, and now my economic edge in my region is much smaller than before. It makes me angry that it doesn't tell you it implements socialism.

User avatar
The free romanians
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 419
Founded: Oct 15, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The free romanians » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:23 pm

Seffa wrote:
Sierra Mojave-IV wrote:Thank goodness I wasn't the only nation that fell for the issue that removes capitalism and instead implements socialism and A.I. backed economy. When I gotten the issue to have artificial intelligence help with the economy planning I thought it too would remove human error, and then it would be a capitalistic economy with no human made errors to cause unwanted mistakes but you know now that capitalism was completely abolished accidentally since the issue never specifically viewed the full effects. It truly pisses me off that now I am a Liberal Democratic Socialist classified country with a socialism economy policy, thanks a lot for the change whoever made the issue. You made me lose my NEw York Times Democracy as well.

I went from Corporate Bordello to New York Times Democracy, my economy took a huge hit, and now my economic edge in my region is much smaller than before. It makes me angry that it doesn't tell you it implements socialism.

You will hav eto wait for an issue
F in the chat bois
Yes
Nermal is the cutest cat on earth

User avatar
Dexterra
Diplomat
 
Posts: 770
Founded: May 05, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dexterra » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:30 pm

Seffa wrote:I went from Corporate Bordello to New York Times Democracy, my economy took a huge hit, and now my economic edge in my region is much smaller than before. It makes me angry that it doesn't tell you it implements socialism.

This thread will probably get locked for gravedigging (since the thread died almost 20 months ago) but I'd like to try and offer you some help beforehand if mods are okay with that, seeing as how I have a lot of experience with the institution of socialism.

Issue answers that implement socialism or capitalism can stick out sometimes. They have language that references nationalizing/privatizing the workforce, state-planning/decentralizing the economy or closing/opening free markets - just as a few examples.

I'll leave you these useful guides here and here, however, if you want some insight into an issue's possible statistical effects before making a decision.

I'll say one last thing: though your economy, average incomes and taxes may have taken a hit, you can absolutely recover quite easily by accepting answers that mention subsidizing businesses/industries as well as answers that reasonably reduce taxes! In fact, based on my experience, I think you can actually build a better economy while socialist. But failing that, you can always wait for another issue that might re-institute capitalism
Last edited by Dexterra on Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main
The United Peoples of Dexterra
The Cultural Democracy of Schrack

Experiments in Rare NS Classifications
IN PROGRESS the Historic Union of Burkitts
IN PROGRESS the United Commonwealth of Kelleran
The Public Hegemony of Loysville
IN PROGRESS The United Queendom of New Westfields
The Citizen's District of Petworth

Parodies of Extremes - enter at own risk!
The Independent Citizenry of Anarchton
The Murder-Suicide Cult of Hellscapia

18 May 2022 - as public-majority petition to formally codify the outlawing of discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation reaches floor of national legislature, second petition to codify the outlawing of solitary confinement also reaches public majority opinion


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Newnorthsealand

Advertisement

Remove ads