NATION

PASSWORD

New RMB Keyboard Shortcuts [Known Issue w/ N++]

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:I get a different, but also uninformative message...
(Image)
OKing that gives the same message in a different message box, OK that then gives the RMB.

Firefox on Ubuntu. Console was active but nothing logged (!).

Firefox has a bunch of little tabs that control what does & doesn't get printed to the console (Net, CSS, JS, ...). If those are all enabled, you must get at least some console output from the simple action of loading the page. Can you verify that the JS tab in particular is enabled?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm seeing output from net and css, nothing from JS.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:44 pm

It certainly sounds like something is blocking the code from executing at all. Can you see if it works when you disable your add-ons?

Bayern Kahla
Political Columnist

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Buttons+Shortcuts on new RMB not working (Mac)

Postby Bayern Kahla » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:09 pm

As the subject say I report a bug on the RMB message buttons which don't respond and neither do the shortcuts.

HOWEVER they work on "forum view". I have reinstalled NS++.

Using Macbook and Chrome.

Thank in advance for your help.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Bayern Kahla wrote:As the subject say I report a bug on the RMB message buttons which don't respond and neither do the shortcuts.

HOWEVER they work on "forum view". I have reinstalled NS++.

Using Macbook and Chrome.

Thank in advance for your help.

[violet] wrote:Thanks. It looks like you're running NS++, which reportedly does not allow the new editor to work. I've forwarded the screenshot to Eluvatar, which should be helpful in figuring out why.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:11 pm

[violet] wrote:It certainly sounds like something is blocking the code from executing at all. Can you see if it works when you disable your add-ons?

Yup - works fine.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
[violet] wrote:It certainly sounds like something is blocking the code from executing at all. Can you see if it works when you disable your add-ons?

Yup - works fine.

Okay, so you'll have to try disabling and re-enabling your add-ons to figure out which is blocking NS.

NoScript is the obvious candidate... perhaps it's not configured correctly to whitelist NS, or it's blocking something we draw from a CDN.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical