NATION

PASSWORD

Change blurb based on "skin"

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
All are Equal
Envoy

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Change blurb based on "skin"

Postby All are Equal » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Would it be possible/desirable to change what a nation's blurb says depending on whether you're reading it with a Liberal or Conservative skin?
Last edited by [violet] on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venetoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Venetoland » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 pm

Thanks [violet] for editing this. Though I'm not sure what you changed.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Venetoland wrote:Thanks [violet] for editing this. Though I'm not sure what you changed.
Most likely she edited the post to make the thread title more clearly describe what the thread is about. This by itself does not constitute any assurance that the request will (or will not) be done, but it does show that she's aware of what was asked.

To answer the original poster: the Conservative and Liberal themes were originally intended as an April Fools joke. Blurbs are longer than category names, and writing 54 new ones that all fit the intended spirit of the themes would take a lot of work for something most players don't take very seriously.

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:59 pm

All are equal wrote:Would it be possible/desirable to change what a nation's blurb says depending on whether you're reading it with a Liberal or Conservative skin?

Yes. I use the conservative skin and when I changed to liberal it said I was a Suspiciously Conservative Democracy.
Twice sigbanned, once scared of the wrath of the forum mods.
On this index, my military is a 10-10-7.
Raider, military coniessour, God's slowest writer.

Venetoland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Venetoland » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Venetoland wrote:Thanks [violet] for editing this. Though I'm not sure what you changed.
Most likely she edited the post to make the thread title more clearly describe what the thread is about. This by itself does not constitute any assurance that the request will (or will not) be done, but it does show that she's aware of what was asked.

To answer the original poster: the Conservative and Liberal themes were originally intended as an April Fools joke. Blurbs are longer than category names, and writing 54 new ones that all fit the intended spirit of the themes would take a lot of work for something most players don't take very seriously.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the reply.

Retro-Love-Waves
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro-Love-Waves » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Trotterdam wrote:

It's the little things that matter though.

Return to Technical