NATION

PASSWORD

WA proposal issues

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
One World States
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

WA proposal issues

Postby One World States » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:20 pm

I came accross an idea to make the World Assembly more interesting.
I suggest that for each WA proposal, an issue is writtem up regarding it and each nation in the WA member must select a way in which they would like to comply with that issue. If they choose to not comply, then they risk being kicked out of the WA. So this would sort of make WA proposals DO something to the nations.

Thyerata
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thyerata » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:28 pm

One World States wrote:I came accross an idea to make the World Assembly more interesting.
I suggest that for each WA proposal, an issue is writtem up regarding it and each nation in the WA member must select a way in which they would like to comply with that issue. If they choose to not comply, then they risk being kicked out of the WA. So this would sort of make WA proposals DO something to the nations.

I defer to a techie here, but that might require a fair amount of extra coding. Also, the mere passage of a resolution alone has effects on your nation and its stats, so the extra issue wouldn't be ncessary
From the Desk of the Honourable Matthew Merriweather Ph.D. (Law, 2040) LLM Public and International Law, 2036) LLB Law (2035) (all from Thyerata State University)
Thytian Ambassador to the World Assembly and Security Council

I'm a gay man with an LLM, mild Asperger syndrome and only one functioning eye. My IC posts may reflect this, so please be aware

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Not remotely practical, I'm afraid. WA proposals take 3.5 days to get voted in or discarded. Issues can take weeks or even months to iron out, and our volunteer Issue Editors work to their own schedules. We can't force them to work that quickly. We'd also have to come up with quick reversal issues for repeals, and a new mechanism to hand out issues to all WA members.

WA proposals DO indeed do something to the nations. Each GA category has specific stat effects that change member nations. We discussed creating a coding panel to fine-tune those effects to each resolution, but the time constraints make it impossible to deliver anything other than standard effects.

Return to Technical