NATION

PASSWORD

Fraktur Fonts

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Pino Grand Fenwick
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Fraktur Fonts

Postby Pino Grand Fenwick » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:16 am

During some factbook customization, I noticed that the Fraktur font (and all it's sub-fonts) are not "readable" by the BBCode system. Is this intentional or am I doing something wrong?

For the record this is the code that I used;

Code: Select all
[size=200][font=Fraktur][/size][/font]
Last edited by [violet] on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace, Eudaimonia, Democracy

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 am

I've seen people use it in various places in the game. I always assumed they were using a Unicode character converter like this. We're not a word processor site with a bunch of different fonts, so maybe you just need to be creative.

Pino Grand Fenwick
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pino Grand Fenwick » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:I've seen people use it in various places in the game. I always assumed they were using a Unicode character converter like this. We're not a word processor site with a bunch of different fonts, so maybe you just need to be creative.

The closest I did with "runic scripture/fancy lettering" is the Old English MT. I will try harder to be honest.

Thanks Fris!

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:53 pm

On the web, a font tag like that tells the viewer's browser to use that font if it's installed, or else use the closest it has. Most devices/computers don't have a whole lot of fonts, so obscure ones often won't display.

Pino Grand Fenwick
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pino Grand Fenwick » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:45 pm

HumboldtFraktur worked. Thanks for all the input, it helped me find creativity.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:54 pm

That will only work when other people have that font installed on their machines, though.

It's a bit like posting a link to a picture that's stored on your own computer's hard drive: It works fine for you but no-one else.

Return to Technical