NATION

PASSWORD

Suggestion, An Undo Button?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Eteru
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Suggestion, An Undo Button?

Postby Eteru » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Hey guy's I have a suggestion. is it possible to have a button to undo a issue choice? For context I've spent months trying to build up SA which is somewhat tedious as the percentage decreases the higher it is, so to have it wasted by one bad click is somewhat infuriating.

The United Providences of Perland
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Providences of Perland » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:01 pm

This has been suggested many times with the logical response of; uh no. NS has never been the poster child for realism, lol, but it still maintains some. I.e. irl, you can't magically reverse a crappy choice. Sorry that happened, but that's the nature of the game.
It's been over two years that Perland has been on Nation States!
Author of issues 651: Black Days for @@NAME@@ and 1016: Breaking Upset

Eteru
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Eteru » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:21 pm

I Understand, Oh well I'll just have to pay more attention to NSindex next time

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:01 pm

Eteru wrote:I Understand, Oh well I'll just have to pay more attention to NSindex next time

Don't do that either. NSIndex is notoriously inaccurate in its issue effects. Just read the issues carefully and be prepared to make some mistakes.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

We Got Guns
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby We Got Guns » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:06 am

Just think that you can't please everyone and sometimes what you're thinking this decision will do is very different in the grand scheme of things.
NSindex just lists every possible effect the decision could bring, it mostly depends on your nation and some other factors (all hush hush and complex).

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:26 am

We Got Guns wrote:Just think that you can't please everyone and sometimes what you're thinking this decision will do is very different in the grand scheme of things.
NSindex just lists every possible effect the decision could bring, it mostly depends on your nation and some other factors (all hush hush and complex).

I am trying my best with the contributors I have now, but I know I can only keep issues effects on the site if there is a far greater effort than just Dharma Negara, one of our regular Issues effects contributors.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Greater Hunnia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Hunnia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:54 pm

The United Providences of Perland wrote:This has been suggested many times with the logical response of; uh no. NS has never been the poster child for realism, lol, but it still maintains some. I.e. irl, you can't magically reverse a crappy choice. Sorry that happened, but that's the nature of the game.

Yep, that's pretty much how it works IRL. If you make a retarded legislation, chances are that you can also undo it. With some time delay obviously, and at the cost of losing face, but IRL stupid policies can be undone.

Now I also have to say that an undo button would take away the very essence of this game, what we really need is simply more realistic and logical results for issues.
This nation DOES use NS statistics, but the interpretation for some of them might be a bit skewed.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:17 pm

Greater Hunnia wrote:
The United Providences of Perland wrote:This has been suggested many times with the logical response of; uh no. NS has never been the poster child for realism, lol, but it still maintains some. I.e. irl, you can't magically reverse a crappy choice. Sorry that happened, but that's the nature of the game.

Yep, that's pretty much how it works IRL. If you make a retarded legislation, chances are that you can also undo it. With some time delay obviously, and at the cost of losing face, but IRL stupid policies can be undone.

Now I also have to say that an undo button would take away the very essence of this game, what we really need is simply more realistic and logical results for issues.

There is a megathread in the Got Issues forum for issue effects that you think are odd or unrealistic. Please use it whenever you think you see an unrealistic or illogical result. Do remember, though, that the issue engine is far more complicated than you can see as a normal player.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical