NATION

PASSWORD

Please add a button to cancel the closure of all embassies

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:23 pm

Oldstesta Isle wrote:
Consular wrote:I suspect Oldstesta Isle does know how raiding works and is rather hoping we could basically kill off the waste of time that is tag raiding. :)

We have a winner! The only thing affected by my suggestion would be tag raiding, which is little more than graffiti anyway.

To rehash:
Bedetopia wrote:If invader delegates didn't get executive power immediately, they couldn't dismiss regional officers, it would only take a BC officer with enough influence (very likely in interesting targets) to ruin everything.

So no, this would kill most occupations as well.

I think the idea of making embassies like TGs where you click checkboxes then some sort of "close" "cancel closure" option would be a good idea, makes the system easier to use for anyone
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzer Vier » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:20 am

Oldstesta Isle wrote:
Raionitu wrote:To rehash:

So no, this would kill most occupations as well.

I think the idea of making embassies like TGs where you click checkboxes then some sort of "close" "cancel closure" option would be a good idea, makes the system easier to use for anyone

You tell me which defender is going to sit in a region as a BC officer with their WA locked down so they can build enough influence to do what you are proposing? So no. It wouldn't affect occupations. It would give people a chance to liberate before the pilers hit though.

It doesn't take a trained defender to know how to use a ban button, lol.
Any region worth occupying generally already has a native with those BC powers and a decent stockpile of influence. Not being able to de-appoint within a reasonable timeframe makes occupations dicey, pilers or no
~Derps Vytherov~
I mess with code on occasion, so check this out, kthx!

Want to know something about r/d? Just ask! ^^

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:11 am

Oldstesta Isle wrote:
Panzer Vier wrote:It doesn't take a trained defender to know how to use a ban button, lol.
Any region worth occupying generally already has a native with those BC powers and a decent stockpile of influence. Not being able to de-appoint within a reasonable timeframe makes occupations dicey, pilers or no

I am guessing I missed the memo where it states a nation with zero endorsements piles up masses of influence in comparison to a raider point with multiple endorsements?

I am guessing you missed the memo where you gather influence even with no endorsements and many natives have had a long time to build influence. Looking at a random large founderless region like Canada: They have two border control officers, that jointly have over 150,00 influence. Pretty simple how that would turn out if raiders couldn't dismiss them as ROs
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:34 am

Raionitu wrote:I am guessing you missed the memo where you gather influence even with no endorsements and many natives have had a long time to build influence. Looking at a random large founderless region like Canada: They have two border control officers, that jointly have over 150,00 influence. Pretty simple how that would turn out if raiders couldn't dismiss them as ROs

I think it would turn out rather well really. :)

I think continuing this debate isn't going to be additionally helpful. We're given admins reasons for and against.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Oldstesta Isle wrote:You tell me which defender is going to sit in a region as a BC officer with their WA locked down so they can build enough influence to do what you are proposing? So no. It wouldn't affect occupations. It would give people a chance to liberate before the pilers hit though.

Most of us?

Our WA wouldn't even necessarily be locked up in the situation you describe. We run support/siege operations mid-update all the time, this would just be an extension of that.

This proposal would absolutely change occupations, but not by killing them. It would most likely just make the whole ordeal even more drawn out than they are.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Oldstesta Isle wrote:
Shizensky wrote:This proposal would absolutely change occupations, but not by killing them. It would most likely just make the whole ordeal even more drawn out than they are.

More interesting is a better term. As it stands right now if a determined invader force seizes a region, and defenders don't get there in time, they have maybe two updates at most before the pilers arrive and the fat lady sings. Invaders will always have the first strike advantage. This would simply even the odds a bit.

More interesting for the individual R/Ders, but not necessarily for the people in the occupied region. I'm all for doing things to make R/D more fun and interesting, but a majority of players aren't a part of it and they need to be considered when pushing for changes like this.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Previous

Return to Technical