NATION

PASSWORD

[idea] Telegram groups

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
NationHelper
Envoy

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

[idea] Telegram groups

Postby NationHelper » Tue May 02, 2017 8:30 am

We all know you can telegram certain groups using tags. But, you can't telegram none-game marked groups. (e.g. You can only telegram groups like new, delegate, regions). Nations should be able to create groups that are allowed to be telegrammed specifically. e.g. A nation can create a group called TSP local councilor, and the LCs of TSP can be telegrammed. You should be able to lock these groups via password, and banject people in those groups.
Heres what would happen:
  1. Nation N creates group (In this case, let's say it's password protected)
  2. Nation N allows certain people to join that group by giving them the password
  3. Nation B telegrams that group using tags (Only if they want to telegram more than 8 people)
  4. Nations in the group receive telegrams.

Heres an example of what would do if I wanted to TG the Local Councilors of TSP.
  1. When telegramming the message, put "tag:[Name of group]"
  2. They receive the TG
Last edited by NationHelper on Tue May 23, 2017 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

United German Regions
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United German Regions » Tue May 02, 2017 8:46 am

NationHelper wrote:We all know you can telegram certain groups using tags. But, you can't telegram none-game marked groups. (e.g. You can only telegram groups like new, delegate, regions). Nations should be able to create groups that are allowed to be telegrammed specifically. e.g. A nation can create a group called TSP local councilor, and the LCs of TSP can be telegrammed. You should be able to lock these groups via password, and banject people in those groups.

The creation of "groups" is generally a good idea but the idea of passwords, banjection, etc. is far over the reasonable bounds. Groups should just be nations saved on a list by a user with certain nations in it that can be TG'ed with the ease of pressing a button saying "Telegram" next to the list name.
Founder of The Insane Region/Founder of The Embassy/Raider for few/Defender for all/International Contender/Conqueror of The Black Riders
I stand against CAIN
Pro: USA, Democracy, Military, Freedom, Fox News, Second Amendment, #AllLivesMatter, Racial Equality, Gender Equality, #BlueLivesMatter
Anti: Fascism, WA Security Council, Religious Extremism, The Nightly Show, #BlackLivesMatter, Segregation, Hillary Clinton, Heavy Feminism

United German Regions is supplying medical aid to numerous nations recovering from war | UGR investigators discovered the presence of slavery in Cresenthia to manufacture teddy bears | The leader of UGR has just eaten a samich

NationHelper
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Tue May 02, 2017 11:02 am

United German Regions wrote:
NationHelper wrote:We all know you can telegram certain groups using tags. But, you can't telegram none-game marked groups. (e.g. You can only telegram groups like new, delegate, regions). Nations should be able to create groups that are allowed to be telegrammed specifically. e.g. A nation can create a group called TSP local councilor, and the LCs of TSP can be telegrammed. You should be able to lock these groups via password, and banject people in those groups.

The creation of "groups" is generally a good idea but the idea of passwords, banjection, etc. is far over the reasonable bounds. Groups should just be nations saved on a list by a user with certain nations in it that can be TG'ed with the ease of pressing a button saying "Telegram" next to the list name.

Banjection and passwords would allow groups to only have certain nations....

United German Regions
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United German Regions » Tue May 02, 2017 11:48 am

NationHelper wrote:
United German Regions wrote:The creation of "groups" is generally a good idea but the idea of passwords, banjection, etc. is far over the reasonable bounds. Groups should just be nations saved on a list by a user with certain nations in it that can be TG'ed with the ease of pressing a button saying "Telegram" next to the list name.

Banjection and passwords would allow groups to only have certain nations....

Though this would require a load more work, if you are suggesting something like a telegram that acts sort of like a RMB that may be different but I thought that you were discussing the idea of a mailing list. "Groups" already sort of exist as once you telegram a group of nations they can reply to all in return and a group discussion is active. I just think mailing list should be easily and conveniently savable.
Founder of The Insane Region/Founder of The Embassy/Raider for few/Defender for all/International Contender/Conqueror of The Black Riders
I stand against CAIN
Pro: USA, Democracy, Military, Freedom, Fox News, Second Amendment, #AllLivesMatter, Racial Equality, Gender Equality, #BlueLivesMatter
Anti: Fascism, WA Security Council, Religious Extremism, The Nightly Show, #BlackLivesMatter, Segregation, Hillary Clinton, Heavy Feminism

United German Regions is supplying medical aid to numerous nations recovering from war | UGR investigators discovered the presence of slavery in Cresenthia to manufacture teddy bears | The leader of UGR has just eaten a samich

NationHelper
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Tue May 02, 2017 12:07 pm

United German Regions wrote:
NationHelper wrote:Banjection and passwords would allow groups to only have certain nations....

Though this would require a load more work, if you are suggesting something like a telegram that acts sort of like a RMB that may be different but I thought that you were discussing the idea of a mailing list. "Groups" already sort of exist as once you telegram a group of nations they can reply to all in return and a group discussion is active. I just think mailing list should be easily and conveniently savable.

I was talking about mailing groups. The banjection and password would create so certain people couldn't intercept telegrams to certain groups.
Heres what would happen:
  1. Nation N creates group (In this case, let's say it's password protected)
  2. Nation N allows certain people to join that group by giving them the password
  3. Nation B telegrams that group using tags (Only if they want to telegram more than 8 people)
  4. Nations in the group receive telegrams.

Heres an example of what would do if I wanted to TG the Local Councilors of TSP.
  1. When telegramming the message, put "tag:[Name of group]"
  2. They receive the TG

The United Providences of Perland
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Providences of Perland » Tue May 02, 2017 2:44 pm

I don't see he point here..? Telegrams shouldn't be this complex. There is always forums, Discord, or so on to make a private chat group.
It's been over two years that Perland has been on Nation States!
Author of issues 651: Black Days for @@NAME@@ and 1016: Breaking Upset

NationHelper
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Tue May 02, 2017 3:03 pm

The United Providences of Perland wrote:I don't see he point here..? Telegrams shouldn't be this complex. There is always forums, Discord, or so on to make a private chat group.

Are you really encouraging the use of offsite things? This isn't a private chat group, it's a telegram group....

NationHelper
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Mon May 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Bump because I still think this is a good idea. After two bumps without anyone posting, I'll stop.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 am

NationHelper wrote:Are you really encouraging the use of offsite things?

I'll just note that off-site avenues are frequently encouraged by both players and moderators alike. A lot of time, forums/Discord/IRC will be recommended for content which doesn't exactly fit the realm of the forums, for example.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Baphomet
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baphomet » Wed May 17, 2017 7:09 am

I like this idea.
Proud NS player since November 6th, 2015.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical