NATION

PASSWORD

Regional Board Glitch

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Claya
Attaché

Founded: Apr 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Regional Board Glitch

Postby Claya » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Hello. I was trying to post something on my regional board (my region is The Greater East, and the post I am referring to is the first one), but it said that I was breaking a security violation, so I couldn't post. I tried editing and changing, and that still didn't work. Then I tried copying it, deleting it, and pasting it again, and it let me post.

Even though I managed to fix it, I'd just like to know how the whole "security violation" thing works so I could avoid having to go through all that trouble thing.

Thanks!

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Claya wrote:Hello. I was trying to post something on my regional board (my region is The Greater East, and the post I am referring to is the first one), but it said that I was breaking a security violation, so I couldn't post. I tried editing and changing, and that still didn't work. Then I tried copying it, deleting it, and pasting it again, and it let me post.

Even though I managed to fix it, I'd just like to know how the whole "security violation" thing works so I could avoid having to go through all that trouble thing.

Thanks!

Did it say you failed a security check?
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:55 pm

A quick search of "security check" in the Technical forum will show multiple topics about this known issue, which is not a glitch. It's about having different puppets open in different tabs.

It also helps when you make a note of the actual warning. It's not a "Security Violation". Copy and paste the actual warning next time you need to search for or post about an issue.

Claya
Attaché

Founded: Apr 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Claya » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:24 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Claya wrote:Hello. I was trying to post something on my regional board (my region is The Greater East, and the post I am referring to is the first one), but it said that I was breaking a security violation, so I couldn't post. I tried editing and changing, and that still didn't work. Then I tried copying it, deleting it, and pasting it again, and it let me post.

Thanks!

Did it say you failed a security check?

Yeah

Mloto
Civilian

Founded: Aug 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Yes

Postby Mloto » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:32 am

How do I fix it?

Return to Technical