NATION

PASSWORD

Unsubscribe to embassy notifications?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Unsubscribe to embassy notifications?

Postby Leppikania » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:20 am

With the addition of embassy notifications for embassy officers, my puppet Leppikanian Embassy Program is constantly inundated with embassy notifications that I don't care about. While I do like to have some of those (namely incoming embassy requests), can I have the option to turn some of them off?
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

United German Regions
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United German Regions » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 am

Leppikania wrote:With the addition of embassy notifications for embassy officers, my puppet Leppikanian Embassy Program is constantly inundated with embassy notifications that I don't care about. While I do like to have some of those (namely incoming embassy requests), can I have the option to turn some of them off?

I assume you mean like options to disable/enable the notifications for:
  • Embassy Requests
  • Embassy Construction Began
  • Embassy Completion (Could be the same as the above one)

This would be amazing, I know exactly the feeling, Embassy Master constantly has the 100 notification thing active thanks to embassy progress. I would love to disable the progress (but still be able to keep requests on)
Founder of The Insane Region/Founder of The Embassy/Raider for few/Defender for all/International Contender/Conqueror of The Black Riders
I stand against CAIN
Pro: USA, Democracy, Military, Freedom, Fox News, Second Amendment, #AllLivesMatter, Racial Equality, Gender Equality, #BlueLivesMatter
Anti: Fascism, WA Security Council, Religious Extremism, The Nightly Show, #BlackLivesMatter, Segregation, Hillary Clinton, Heavy Feminism

United German Regions is supplying medical aid to numerous nations recovering from war | UGR investigators discovered the presence of slavery in Cresenthia to manufacture teddy bears | The leader of UGR has just eaten a samich

Leppikania
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:07 am

Bump
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
Funny Quotes
Request an Embassy

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Implemented!

Abhichandra
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Abhichandra » Tue May 09, 2017 8:09 pm

[violet] wrote:Implemented!

I see this has been implemented, and it's a welcome change. However, would it be possible to have the ability to unsubscribe to notifications when an R.O. in your region requests embassies with another region?

Example:

Nation A is the founder of Region 1. Nation A appoints Nation B as an R.O. with authority over embassies.

Nation B requests embassies with Region 2.

Nation A then gets a notification saying 'Nation B proposed constructing embassies with Region 2'.

So would it be possible for Nation A to unsubscribe to that notification?
Last edited by Abhichandra on Tue May 09, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue May 09, 2017 8:35 pm

That is actually what happens. I've corrected the descriptive help text to be more accurate.

It isn't possible to unsubscribe from some Embassy-related notices but not others.

Abhichandra
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Abhichandra » Tue May 09, 2017 8:38 pm

[violet] wrote:That is actually what happens. I've corrected the descriptive help text to be more accurate.

It isn't possible to unsubscribe from some Embassy-related notices but not others.

Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification!

Leppikania
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed May 10, 2017 12:09 pm

[violet] wrote:Implemented!

Thank you!

So, I give cookies to the mods, but what do I give to the admins? Have to think on that.

Virgin sacrifice maybe?
Funny Quotes
Request an Embassy

Leppikania
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed May 10, 2017 1:30 pm

On second thought…
[violet] wrote:That is actually what happens. I've corrected the descriptive help text to be more accurate.

I think you misunderstood. If you unsubscribe from embassy notifications, you still receive notifications for other officers requesting embassies. This needs fixing.
Funny Quotes
Request an Embassy

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed May 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Aha, you are right, there was a format bug in the code that disseminated notices to Regional Officers. Which didn't matter until now, when you can filter them. Now fixed.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 am

Great addition , thanks! :)
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical