NATION

PASSWORD

Telegram Stamps

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Winst
Spokesperson

Founded: May 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Telegram Stamps

Postby Winst » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:21 am

When recruiting through Recruitment TG's I wish there was an option to exclude names that have numbers in them. Most of the time they are just puppets usually of raiders and are just wasting tg stamps especially when they are mass producing puppets at the same time that you sent the tg.
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:19 am

I concur and think this is a good idea. Support!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Most of the time the ones with letters only are also R/D puppets. Or RP puppets. Or issue tracking puppets. Or forum spamming puppets. Face it. We have a lot of puppets. 80% of your telegrams will almost certainly go to people who couldn't care less. 19% of the remainder will be ignored or wasted.

If you can get a 1% return on your telegrams, you're doing FABULOUSLY well. It's just like any other form of advertising.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Postby Socio Polor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Most of the time the ones with letters only are also R/D puppets. Or RP puppets. Or issue tracking puppets. Or forum spamming puppets. Face it. We have a lot of puppets. 80% of your telegrams will almost certainly go to people who couldn't care less. 19% of the remainder will be ignored or wasted.

If you can get a 1% return on your telegrams, you're doing FABULOUSLY well. It's just like any other form of advertising.

This just gave me an idea. On NS++ there's a feature on there that allows its users to create multiple puppets at once if memory serves me correct. What if there's a option that allows recruitment tg's to not recruit puppets assuming that already isn't a automatic feature on there. Another idea I have is there could be a button in the settings page that marks the nation as a puppet and recruitment tg's if told to do so will ignore all nations marked as puppets. But players won't actually know which nation's are puppets or not, only the recruitment tg's for R/D reasons. Any comments?
Last edited by Socio Polor on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NationHelper
Envoy

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Socio Polor wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Most of the time the ones with letters only are also R/D puppets. Or RP puppets. Or issue tracking puppets. Or forum spamming puppets. Face it. We have a lot of puppets. 80% of your telegrams will almost certainly go to people who couldn't care less. 19% of the remainder will be ignored or wasted.

This just gave me an idea. On NS++ there's a feature on there that allows its users to create multiple puppets at once if memory serves me correct. What if there's a option that allows recruitment tg's to not recruit puppets assuming that already isn't a automatic feature on there. Another idea I have is there could be a button in the settings page that marks the nation as a puppet and recruitment tg's if told to do so will ignore all nations marked as puppets. But players won't actually know which nation's are puppets or not, only the recruitment tg's for R/D reasons. Any comments?

Good idea.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Postby Socio Polor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:55 pm

NationHelper wrote:
Socio Polor wrote:This just gave me an idea. On NS++ there's a feature on there that allows its users to create multiple puppets at once if memory serves me correct. What if there's a option that allows recruitment tg's to not recruit puppets assuming that already isn't a automatic feature on there. Another idea I have is there could be a button in the settings page that marks the nation as a puppet and recruitment tg's if told to do so will ignore all nations marked as puppets. But players won't actually know which nation's are puppets or not, only the recruitment tg's for R/D reasons. Any comments?

Good idea.

Thanks.

NationHelper
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:13 pm

This would, of course, create less money for NS, as people would have to buy less stamps.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:31 pm

People only buy them if they're useful.

I'll look into this.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Postby Socio Polor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:34 pm

NationHelper wrote:This would, of course, create less money for NS, as people would have to buy less stamps.

Not necessarily, see the purpose of stamps simply allows the player to send mass tg's at once while regular template tg's require the player to manually copy and paste the tg template code and send it to whoever they wish. If I had to take a logical guess, I think this may make players want to buy more stamps which NS can profit from. But that's my theory of how it'll turn out, actual site staff may say otherwise.

NationHelper
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 am

NationHelper wrote:This would, of course, create less money for NS, as people would have to buy less stamps.

Guess
[violet] wrote:People only buy them if they're useful.

I'll look into this.
Socio Polor wrote:

Not necessarily, see the purpose of stamps simply allows the player to send mass tg's at once while regular template tg's require the player to manually copy and paste the tg template code and send it to whoever they wish. If I had to take a logical guess, I think this may make players want to buy more stamps which NS can profit from. But that's my theory of how it'll turn out, actual site staff may say otherwise.

Guess I'm not a good capitalist..... Is NS non-profit? I thought it was only made to advertise Max Barry, not to collect profit.......

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:55 am

NationHelper wrote:Guess I'm not a good capitalist..... Is NS non-profit? I thought it was only made to advertise Max Barry, not to collect profit.......

It's not strictly non-profit (there are ads and a store after all), but as far as I know most of the money collected is to feed the server hamsters.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

NationHelper
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NationHelper » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Leppikania wrote:
NationHelper wrote:Guess I'm not a good capitalist..... Is NS non-profit? I thought it was only made to advertise Max Barry, not to collect profit.......

It's not strictly non-profit (there are ads and a store after all), but as far as I know most of the money collected is to feed the server hamsters.

I suppose Jennifer Government, which is the book being advertised, makes a good deal of profit.....

Aglrinia
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aglrinia » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Socio Polor wrote:This just gave me an idea. On NS++ there's a feature on there that allows its users to create multiple puppets at once if memory serves me correct. What if there's a option that allows recruitment tg's to not recruit puppets assuming that already isn't a automatic feature on there. Another idea I have is there could be a button in the settings page that marks the nation as a puppet and recruitment tg's if told to do so will ignore all nations marked as puppets. But players won't actually know which nation's are puppets or not, only the recruitment tg's for R/D reasons. Any comments?

What would be the motivation for someone to check that box in the settings page? There's already the ability to go to telegram preferences and block all recruitment telegrams. Anyone that's capable of deductive logic especially on the R/D side would telegram blast to see who is a puppet and who isn't (Assuming the boxes are checked.) While as someone that's usurped regional governments through the means of using puppet nations I wouldn't check that box. People need a reason to check that box, and saving you a telegram stamp isn't a good enough reason.
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical