NATION

PASSWORD

Expired thread #592

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Mezonpotania
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Expired thread #592

Postby Mezonpotania » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:36 am

Expired
Last edited by Mezonpotania on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
I was wrong

Mezonpotania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mezonpotania » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:39 am

Last edited by Mezonpotania on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was wrong

Vonehad She
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonehad She » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:43 am

Mezonpotania wrote:Please reply to this thread!!!!!!!!!!

I would but I honestly have no idea how. I mean, I want it to happen but I'm still new to this site - dunno if I can handle minigames too. (Though I probably could... :lol2: )

Mezonpotania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mezonpotania » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:47 am

Last edited by Mezonpotania on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was wrong

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:49 am

Though you've clearly put a lot of thought into this, I cannot see it happening.

The creators and people who make this site run have stated that they don't want war to be part of it. I can understand why - at its heart this is more of a political simulation game than anything.

Personally, my thoughts are that creating a mini-game that is enjoyable and in-depth enough to satisfy the desires of those who want a mini-conflict game would take up a lot of time and resources - time and resources probably better spent developing, maintaining and improving the core game.

Having said that, NS does have a thriving roleplay community where people simulate everything from diplomatic meetings right the way through to thermonuclear war (and sometimes beyond).

viewforum.php?f=3
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Mezonpotania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mezonpotania » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:54 am

Last edited by Mezonpotania on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was wrong

Alunya
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alunya » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:47 am

My guess is that the coding will be extremely similar to the zombie apocalypse.

You can research nuclear missiles, or perhaps ant-ballistic missile defenses, or radiation decontamination units, and send (or launch) them upon other countries.

All the hard coding for the original Z-day has been done, and this is likely another mini-game based upon it with some superficial changes.

April 1st is a Saturday. There's lots of stuff to do outside, like hunting squirrels and birds!!

>^,,^<
Alunya

Oerstland
Secretary

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oerstland » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:52 am

Alunya wrote:April 1st is a Saturday. There's lots of stuff to do outside, like hunting squirrels and birds!!

Alunya wrote:There's lots of stuff to do outside

Alunya wrote:outside

The horror! THE HORROR!
Kingdom of Oerstland (Kungadömet Östland)
Swedish 90's kid, brony, pro-social democracy. Patriotic, if making a nation on NS inspired by Sweden counts as that.
I do not neccessarily agree with everything Oerstland stands for. Just a large part of it.
I really don't engage in the WA alot, other than the joke proposals thread. Still, if you feel the need to call out my WA gal for some reason, his name would be Linus Steinstedt.

DO NOT USE NS STATS - THEY ARE MORE USELESS THAN A PENCIL IN A DESERT
My other currently active nation is Starwind, and links to Oerstland's IIwiki pages will be provided at a later date (soon-ish).
Also, yes, I realize the analogy in red above was a horrible one.

Mezonpotania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mezonpotania » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:03 am

Last edited by Mezonpotania on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was wrong

Mezonpotania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mezonpotania » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:51 am

Please post here if you want a better future for the children of (Insert place name here)
I was wrong

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 am

Nope. Nope nope nope. NS doesn't need a war mini game. Also, it would be probably be incredibly difficult to code.
terrible takes plz ignore

Catgirl
Civilian

Founded: Mar 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Catgirl » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:21 am

My finger is on the button. :evil:
You may fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you cannot strike me!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:09 am

Technical suggestions belong in the Technical forum. Also, quit bumping your thread with spammy posts. If you've got nothing meaningful to add, don't post.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical