NATION

PASSWORD

Weird Bug with Regional Activity

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
All Greater Russia
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Weird Bug with Regional Activity

Postby All Greater Russia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:33 am

55 days ago: The Empire of Nova Roman Politics arrived from Osiris.
55 days ago: The Community of Nova Roman Museum 002 arrived from Balder.
55 days ago: The region was founded by The Community of Nova Roman Museum 002.
47 years 96 days ago: The Roman States of the Empire of Nova Roma et agros captos of the region The Empire Of Nova Roma Et Agros Captos proposed constructing embassies in United Nations Of The West.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Iumes arrived from Vanet.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Defen rejected a request for embassies with United Nations Of The West.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Defen lost WA Delegate status.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic Republic of Turbi arrived from The West Pacific.
47 years 96 days ago: The Federated areas of Unitedpacificisland of the region The Middle Pacific proposed constructing embassies in United Nations Of The West.
47 years 96 days ago: The Empire of Nova Roman Politics arrived from The South Pacific.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Iumes departed this region for States Of The West.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Defen deleted a regional poll.
47 years 96 days ago: The Grand Duchy of Valdr of the region United Federation Of States proposed constructing embassies in United Nations Of The West.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Defen established the regional flag.
47 years 96 days ago: The Federation of TRANESIA of the region National Federation proposed constructing embassies in United Nations Of The West.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Defen updated the World Factbook entry.
47 years 96 days ago: The Community of Nova Roman Museum 002 arrived from The West Pacific.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Defen tagged the region "Social"
47 years 96 days ago: The Republic of Sjo Colex arrived from Mundioum.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Defen tagged the region "Serious"
47 years 96 days ago: The Republic of Sjo Colex departed this region for Whoville.
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Defen tagged the region "Role Player"
47 years 96 days ago: The Democratic States of Defen tagged the region "Democra

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:36 am

It's not so much a bug as missing information. When a date is not supplied or was wiped out by refounding or something, it defaults to the base Epoch date. The Unix epoch (or Unix time or POSIX time or Unix timestamp) is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970.

All Greater Russia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby All Greater Russia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:47 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:It's not so much a bug as missing information. When a date is not supplied or was wiped out by refounding or something, it defaults to the base Epoch date. The Unix epoch (or Unix time or POSIX time or Unix timestamp) is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970.

Ok, like that iPhone glitch that turned them into bricks if you changed the date to January 1st 1970

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Which region is this? I am failing to glean it from the text.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:33 pm

[violet] wrote:Which region is this? I am failing to glean it from the text.

United Nations of the West

Fourth entry from the top.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:20 pm

It only seems to have three entries in Regional Happenings at the moment.

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:13 pm

[violet] wrote:It only seems to have three entries in Regional Happenings at the moment.

Yes, it seems they got cleared. Nevertheless, those three entries match perfectly.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

The Rouge Christmas State
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Rouge Christmas State » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:17 pm

There was a weird glitch like this in Right to Life awhile ago I remember posting about. The glitch is gone know but at the time it was an absurd amount of time Phydios served as the delegate that it was saying.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=18047225
The RCS
x2 Security Council Author
The Pangaen Union and Right to Life

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:28 pm

The Rouge Christmas State wrote:There was a weird glitch like this in Right to Life awhile ago I remember posting about. The glitch is gone know but at the time it was an absurd amount of time Phydios served as the delegate that it was saying.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=18047225

Yep. I reported it way back then. Here's the thread for reference.

All Greater Russia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby All Greater Russia » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:43 pm

[v] on my thread!
Well, I never though a simple bug report would climb that high up the ladder...

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:29 am

All Greater Russia wrote:

[v] on my thread!
Well, I never though a simple bug report would climb that high up the ladder...

[v] visits the Technical forum fairly often because a lot of reports need code fixed. Mod powers don't fix code.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical