NATION

PASSWORD

WA Ban Periods

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Arat Khilitadan
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

WA Ban Periods

Postby Arat Khilitadan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:03 am

I was banned from the WA for having multiple puppets, which I understand constitutes a year-long ban. However, when I checked to see how long the ban was, it was an, "Unspecified Ammount of Time." Is there any way to tell how long that is, or to reduce it? Thank you.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:29 am

It's a year from the date your were banned. In your case, Sat Jan 27 2018 00:00:00 PST. Everybody gets a year.

Arat Khilitadan wrote:Is there any way to reduce it?

We'll happily reduce your ban by one day for each calendar day that passes. In another 11 or so months, it will be reduced to zero!

The United Providences of Perland
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Providences of Perland » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:14 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:It's a year from the date your were banned. In your case, Sat Jan 27 2018 00:00:00 PST. Everybody gets a year.

We'll happily reduce your ban by one day for each calendar day that passes. In another 11 or so months, it will be reduced to zero!

This brings up a question. I understand this is in a witty manner, but does this mean the mods actually go through and manually decrease bans, or is it i=on an internal clock?
It's been over two years that Perland has been on Nation States!
Author of issues 651: Black Days for @@NAME@@ and 1016: Breaking Upset

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:36 pm

The ban expires based on an encoded date. If it was manual, all bans would still be permanent. No way will we manually manage 5 million nations.

Arat Khilitadan
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arat Khilitadan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:It's a year from the date your were banned. In your case, Sat Jan 27 2018 00:00:00 PST. Everybody gets a year.

Touche!

The Yellowstone
Civilian

Founded: Feb 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Yellowstone » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:19 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:The ban expires based on an encoded date. If it was manual, all bans would still be permanent. No way will we manually manage 5 million nations.

A few quick questions:
1. Are bans based off of nation, email, or what? So if I make a nation with a the same email address, would I still be banned from the WA with that nation?
2. I program in my free time, so I was wondering what these, "sophisticated pattern-matching software" that you talk about in dispatches?

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Most commonly, WA bans only apply to a single nation. In these cases, you're told when the ban expires.

For more egregious breaches, the player themselves can be banned, and prohibited from joining the WA with any nation. In those cases, ban length is displayed as "indeterminate," as its duration and scope is managed by moderators.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:09 pm

The Yellowstone wrote: I program in my free time, so I was wondering what these, "sophisticated pattern-matching software" that you talk about in dispatches?

If we tell you how it works, it loses the magic.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical