NATION

PASSWORD

FluffyCogs - a module for the Red Discord bot

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Johaan Christian Bach
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Johaan Christian Bach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:10 am

Hi, but how exactly do you download the bot?

Darcania
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 pm

Johaan Christian Bach wrote:Hi, but how exactly do you download the bot?

The instructions for doing so are linked in the post.

Darcania
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:29 pm

The OP has been updated with the new version of my cogs for Red V3. If you're still using Red V2 I recommend upgrading to V3 ASAP - simply updating via Red's launcher won't do it since V3 has been rewritten from the ground up and is basically a brand new bot. You can find more information in the OP.

Darcania
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:55 am

With the upcoming zombie apocalypse, I've added code to the nationstates cog to display statistics regarding Z-Day. The cog will automatically start displaying this information when Z-Day starts, and will automatically stop displaying this information exactly 7 days after the conclusion of Z-Day.

Remember that if you're using the old Red V2 with NationCogs, you will not get this information due to the fact that Red V2, as well as NationCogs, are EOL. Remember to upgrade to V3 whenever you can.

Darcania
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:27 pm

Turns out there were some minor bugs, because testing is for people who make mistakes which is clearly not me. These have been resolved, so be sure to update your cogs with [p]cog update

Darcania
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:31 pm

With the release of the Cards API beta, I have added in two new commands: [p]card and [p]deck. These are listed in the OP, but the relevant portions are quoted below. Feel free to give them a look!
Darcania wrote:
  1. [p]card
    Shows general information on the specified card.
  2. [p]deck
    Shows general information on the specified deck.
Last edited by Darcania on Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darcania
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:38 pm

Hello, everyone. This is less to do with my cogs and more to do with bots in general, but this seemed like the most appropriate place to put this.
There is a new setting going into effect from Discord soon. It restricts a lot of important information which bots use to function normally, including just having accurate info about members in a guild to determine if they can run commands.

You'll need to go here: https://discordapp.com/developers/applications and enable the related intents if you would like your bot to continue functioning as it has been. These won't be the end of the changes related to this, but it's all we have concrete info about right now from Discord.

(Image)

The main gist of the discussion regarding this change coming from Discord can be found in their announcement and in this PR thread.

In short, various functions that the vast majority of bots require to function will be whitelist-only, and you have to opt in to use these functions. Note that these changes will mean that the old version of Red (V2) will die completely soon, so if your [p]info command is still showing your discord.py version at anything less than 1.0.0 (e.g. 0.16.12), then you will need to install Red V3 ASAP. Users who are already using V3 will still need to enable these intents checkboxes if they wish their bot to continue functioning in the near future.

August
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby August » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:34 pm

Saw the announcement a while back, but forgot about it. Thank you for the reminder.
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

Darcania
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:24 pm

If your bot is getting errors something along the lines of:
Code: Select all
TypeError: __new__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'deny_new'
or
TypeError: __new__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'allow_new'

then I'm afraid to say that the version your bot is running on is officially dead, due to a Discord API change.

If you're already running Red V3 (if your [p]info says you're running 3.X.X, you're running V3), then all you need to do is update.

If you were running Red V2 (if your [p]info states your discord.py version is 0.16.12 or less, you're running V2), then your bot's officially dead. You'll have to install Red V3, which is essentially an entirely new bot. Your data and your cogs will not be carried over.

It's worth noting that Red was not the only bot affected; some less-than-responsible bots were also killed off. My sympathies to TRR for losing their werewolf bot through no fault of their own.

I suggest you join the Red support server if you have any further questions or need further assistance with your Red bot.

Darcania
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:41 am

For anyone using Red V3, update your bot to at least version 3.3.11.
There is a security issue in Red that was fixed in 3.3.11.

I'll also take the time to note that the #announcements channel in the Red support server (an invite to which you can find in your "[p]info" command) supports Discord's following feature. I suggest following that channel so you can have messages about it reposted where you can easily see it, so you'll know when new versions of Red are released.

Suth Seaxe
Secretary

Founded: Apr 25, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Suth Seaxe » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:03 am

Hello

I dont know if I'm asking a stupid question but please be patient with me :)

Does this bot allow scraping of the "regions happenings" so it can notify a discord server of immigration or WA delegate voting? To help notify the officers of a raid or defenders?

That would be a great help for founder less regions dealing with constant raiding :)

Thank you

Darcania
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:35 am

It does not, no

Darcania
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Thu May 18, 2023 2:06 pm

As a note, this should be fully updated to work with the breaking changes brought about by the Red 3.5 update. Be sure to update using [p]cog update.

It also comes with a complete rewrite to the underlying library, sans. With this update the cog should generally work faster, and hopefully I'll have some more changes and features to add soon™️.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical