NATION

PASSWORD

Changes in Census Rankings?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Changes in Census Rankings?

Postby Drasnia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:36 pm

I was going through some of my nations and saw that they almost all had recent changes in their percentile rankings in the world, several going from < top 10% to the top 10% or from top 10% to top 5%. I then went to some randomly selected census rankings and saw a consistent pattern: The world average of all of them saw a very sizeable change - usually by about .2 points for scales from 0-100 - much larger than the usual few hundredths of a point changes between updates. This all happened about a day and a half ago (2 major updates).

Has there been an unannounced change in how census rankings are being calculated or something else that I haven't seen? The last time I've seen changes like this (or greater) were during imgur/reddit bumps and die-offs.
See You Space Cowboy...

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:09 pm

I noticed that too, I thought I was going mad. Political apathy, automobile manufacturing, and gambling seem to have seen the largest changes, but I think various other industries and government departments have too. There doesn't seem to be any large changes with my graphs though, so either the changes have been backtracked, or my nations just happen to have not been affected much, while others have moved around them.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Return to Technical