NATION

PASSWORD

Nation is still WAD after resigning

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Kawaii Village
Secretary

Founded: Apr 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Nation is still WAD after resigning

Postby Kawaii Village » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 am

I have a group of friends who just finished a tag raid, and after the new WAD resigned, it shows they still hold the delegacy with a message which reads:
(elected 105 minutes ago, resigned from the WA)

I don't know if this is a bug or some new feature, but I was hoping to help get them some answers.

Here's a screenshot in case anything changes from the time this post is published and later:

Thanks in advance for any help!
WARNING!

Cute nations will be annexed and drafted into the Kawaii Armed Forces!

Meep 20
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

WAD still intact even after resigning from WA

Postby Meep 20 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:11 am

This is rather unusual now, to see a nation still possessing WAD powers even after resigning. It appears more like the old ways of gaining the delegacy.

How can this be? Is it a glitch?

https://www.nationstates.net/region=woooahitdesucc

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:11 am

Should correct itself at the next update, I think.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Kawaii Village
Secretary

Founded: Apr 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kawaii Village » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:17 am

Oh okay, thank you both! ^_^
WARNING!

Cute nations will be annexed and drafted into the Kawaii Armed Forces!

Meep 20
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Meep 20 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:46 am

USS Monitor wrote:Should correct itself at the next update, I think.

SO does it mean its just an ordinary glitch? What coudlve triggered this kind of event?

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:27 am

Meep 20 wrote:

SO does it mean its just an ordinary glitch? What coudlve triggered this kind of event?

Delegates, if I recall correctly, only update at the major and minor updates. This means that anything which happens in between is not counted. Think of the 12-hour periods between updates as 'terms'. The Delegate is elected for a 12 hour term, and resigning from the World Assembly doesn't mean that they have resigned from their position as regional delegate.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:47 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Meep 20 wrote:SO does it mean its just an ordinary glitch? What coudlve triggered this kind of event?

Delegates, if I recall correctly, only update at the major and minor updates. This means that anything which happens in between is not counted. Think of the 12-hour periods between updates as 'terms'. The Delegate is elected for a 12 hour term, and resigning from the World Assembly doesn't mean that they have resigned from their position as regional delegate.

I could have sworn that if you resigned it was instant - something to this effect was seen when Mouse resigned last month.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Meep 20 wrote:

I think it's just what the game does. It's gone now.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012

Postby Altmoras » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:WA delegacy is stripped when a nation is ejected for rules violations. Apart from that, I believe it stays until the next update.

Here's the thing about that, that's not how it has worked for a while. For months it's been instant loss of delegacy upon resignation.

What's happening here is different from the way it usually works.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:44 pm

viewtopic.php?p=26284605#p26284605

Happened as a token to defenders as compensation for when ROs came out. Got pushed from test to live accidentally I think timing wise, but was intended and instant resignation stayed until this thread?

Still apathetic about the change, didn't accomplish a lot. Tagging is down, but pretty much entirely on the fallout of Predator and the prolific tagger who got made DOS and every other significant tagger getting WA banned. ROs just made you appoint someone as vice delegate - border control, then resign and continue tagging so the change was pointless. TWP might have been harder to pull off, but bar that little change to status quo.

And as posting (often type up but get distracted and don't post until later), seen above post but I'm not wasting this typing.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:21 pm

I must have missed that change because my last involvement with the WA or regional government was in 2014.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical