NATION

PASSWORD

Does WA change my stats?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Really stateless nation
Attaché

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Does WA change my stats?

Postby Really stateless nation » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:13 pm

If yes, then at what time: immediately after joining it or after acceptance/repeal of a new resolution (assuming that I'm have joined WA)?

For example, my country has very high level of the Economic Freedom. Things like child labour, unrestricted gambling, prostitution, recreational drugs, etc. are legal and widely practised. I'm afraid that joining WA can decrease my Economic Freedom.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:15 pm

If your nation is in the WA when a resolution passes, it will affect your nation.

Really stateless nation
Attaché

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Really stateless nation » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:21 pm

Can I cancel said changes by leaving WA?

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:36 pm

It will wreck your dictatorship and turn your country into Yet Another Lukewarm-Gruel Liberal Land of No Special Note. For your nation, you can kiss these goodbye: Dictatorship, child labor, unrestricted waste dumping, and basically anything else US-style liberals wouldn't like. Of course, that means your nation would then be totally boring because there'd be NOTHING in it to hang a truly interesting story hook on. In my very anti-WA-biased opinion.

I don't let any of my nations near there with a barge pole anymore, and this particular one has never been tainted. They can keep their pablum democracies and over-regulation to themselves. Of course, they do de-regulate some things. It's just all of the wrong things for a dictatorship! Things like dissent, voting, and...basically everything that a dictator would ban!

Really stateless nation wrote:Can I cancel said changes by leaving WA?

Unless something has changed, you'll have to unfuck your nation one issue at a time after you leave. I put one nation in there years ago, and after I resigned from the WA in horror at the results, it took me months to get it back how I like it.
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:31 am

Resolutions that pass while you're in the WA affect your nation. (Yes, even Repeals: They are half as strong, in the opposite direction, as the resolutions that they repeal.) While you are in the WA you are, at least in theory, bound to obey ALL of the passed GA resolutions even if they passed before you joined and consequently your stats weren't affected by them.
No, leaving the WA doesn't reverse the effects... but. on the bright side, when you join you don't get hit by a cumulative effect for all of the resolutions that are already in force neither.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:34 am

Bears Armed wrote:Resolutions that pass while you're in the WA affect your nation. (Yes, even Repeals: They are half as strong, in the opposite direction, as the resolutions that they repeal.) While you are in the WA you are, at least in theory, bound to obey ALL of the passed GA resolutions even if they passed before you joined and consequently your stats weren't affected by them.
No, leaving the WA doesn't reverse the effects... but. on the bright side, when you join you don't get hit by a cumulative effect for all of the resolutions that are already in force neither.

If I may make a suggestion, when new nations join the WA, they get hit by a cumulative effect of all the resolutions currently in force. If you leave the WA... you will need to change it back one issue at a time.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Purple Empire
Envoy

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Purple Empire » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:44 am

But I am member of the WA for months. My fair and efficiënt dictatorship is the same as before. I also can't detect changes after resolutions.
"My name is Commodus, Jannikus Commodus. Emperor of numberless worlds and the Purple Empire."
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.33

8values
PolitiScales
---Proud member of The Anti Democracy League---
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Product Owner Of The NSCC
"The light is brighter when you walked through darkness to reach it."
NSball, mine
NSball, also mine
"You're still here?
It's over.
Go gome.
Go!"

Stutter
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Stutter » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:06 am

Resolutions that pass in the WA while your nation is a WA member will affect your nation. Rankings, industries, economy, government expenditure, you name it.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:59 am

Luziyca wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Resolutions that pass while you're in the WA affect your nation. (Yes, even Repeals: They are half as strong, in the opposite direction, as the resolutions that they repeal.) While you are in the WA you are, at least in theory, bound to obey ALL of the passed GA resolutions even if they passed before you joined and consequently your stats weren't affected by them.

If I may make a suggestion, when new nations join the WA, they get hit by a cumulative effect of all the resolutions currently in force. If you leave the WA... you will need to change it back one issue at a time.

No, they really don't. That's why some people resign before a resolution they dislike and then jump back in. There is no cumulative effect.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:38 am

On an extra note, you can ignore your NS stats, as they are exaggerated anyway, and instead RP your nation, while ignoring the stats. You can even RP a nation that breaks the WA rules, as there is some in the forum that do that
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:43 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:On an extra note, you can ignore your NS stats, as they are exaggerated anyway, and instead RP your nation, while ignoring the stats. You can even RP a nation that breaks the WA rules, as there is some in the forum that do that

Don't try that on the GA forum. That really upsets the GA players.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Aghwank
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 17, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby Aghwank » Mon May 09, 2022 11:39 am

so if i leave right before something i dont like passes it wont affect me?

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Mon May 09, 2022 12:52 pm

Don't gravedig.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?