NATION

PASSWORD

Iphone problem

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mayor For Life
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Iphone problem

Postby Mayor For Life » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Ex-nation,

The masters of innovation at Apple haz released iTunz v1984.314159 and iPhone OS 3.03, a verison of OSX that now finally allows copy and paste.

Holy Jeebus on a cracker! It's almost like it's 1995 again... just the computer weighs 185 oz rather than 35 lbs.

:palm:

I still think an accessible site would benefit those of us with undersized overpriced surfing devices - and open up NS to those who use screen readers and other such devices. WC3 makes every last detail available, which looks daunting at first, but I have two WC3 certified sites - and given that NS pages are primarily text, images, links and forms - I found that part of coding to be remarkably easy.

Basically you ditch fancy images and layouts and use a simplified, restricted set of tags. I don't know if it's certified, but the "low-fi version" link at the bottom of the Yggrasil off site forum is an excellent example of an accessible site which (as Google likes to put it) "degrades gracefully." They also load remarkably faster if one is struggling with a slow connection.
Last edited by Mayor For Life on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mayor for Life
Founder of Ulthar

Previous

Return to Technical