NATION

PASSWORD

Nude Day and Nude Awakening result

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Revolutionary Fennoscandia
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Nude Day and Nude Awakening result

Postby Revolutionary Fennoscandia » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:43 pm

So, the issue 'Nude Day and Nude Awakening' (or something like that) concerns a bunch of nudes of your national leader that have gone viral. One of the options is to fully legalise them as art, because 'art should not be censored'. I picked that option, assuming that it would lead to a higher civil rights rating, but for some reason my civil rights rating plummeted as a direct result (from Excessive to World Benchmark). Is this how it's supposed to be?

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:15 pm

See You Space Cowboy...

Boggslanda
Civilian

Founded: Nov 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Boggslanda » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:13 am

I was wondering the same thing! I thought for sure it would increase my civil rights… wtf

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:45 am

I think the understanding of "civil rights" is inconsistent between different issues / editors. On the one hand is a view that anything which stops people doing what they want is anti civil rights, so complete permissiveness is the way to go. On the other, there is a view that the state should enforce niceness, and failing to do so hurts people and lessens civil rights. With over 600 issues in play, it's unlikely to be fixed in a hurry, even if it is ever acknowledged.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Murden
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 24, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Unfair punishments

Postby Murden » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:02 pm

I had chosen the option as you had and was terribly upset by the nonsensical results. The next time it came around I chose the option of protecting people's privacy in all public platforms, and both my civil rights and political fdeesoms plummeted.
This is a poorly designed, no-win issue and is best left ignored.

Return to Technical