NATION

PASSWORD

Agadar's Telegrammer (updated August 16th, '20)

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Camertemia
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Camertemia » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:27 am

Agadar wrote:
Camertemia wrote:How do I use this?

The OP contains a link to a guide explaining how to get the necessary keys. Once you have those, you can just download the application and run it if you have Java 14 installed.

Can you use it with a later version of Java?

Agadar
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:37 am

Camertemia wrote:
Agadar wrote:
The OP contains a link to a guide explaining how to get the necessary keys. Once you have those, you can just download the application and run it if you have Java 14 installed.

Can you use it with a later version of Java?

I have not tested it, but Java tends to promote backwards compatibility quite nicely, so it will probably work fine.
Proud resident of The Western Isles, the #1 role-playing region!
Developer of Telegrammer, NS API Java Wrapper, and more!

Rei Admin
Civilian

Founded: Jun 13, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Rei Admin » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:44 am

Agadar wrote: [ Agadar's Telegrammer ]

This desktop application allows you to automate sending telegrams to other nations, making it useful for recruiting, World Assembly campaigning, region-wide telegramming, and so forth. It only requires Java to be installed on your machine in order to run.

Before you use this program, make sure you're familiar with the Telegrams API. You should know how to obtain a Client Key, and how to create a telegram template. Once you've obtained a Client Key, a Telegram Id, and a Secret Key, you're ready to start using this program.

If you're looking for a guide on how to obtain the keys and a Telegram Id, check out Ever-Wandering Souls' Simple Guide to Sending Telegrams via API!

This program uses the NationStates Telegrammer Core library to communicate with the NationStates API.

[ Screenshot ]

(Image)

[ Links ]

Releases
Source code
More applications

How do I access the screen in the screenshot? Sorry, I'm new to API's. I have all the Codes I need, I just need to be able to access the API

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:20 am

Rei Admin wrote:
Agadar wrote: [ Agadar's Telegrammer ]

This desktop application allows you to automate sending telegrams to other nations, making it useful for recruiting, World Assembly campaigning, region-wide telegramming, and so forth. It only requires Java to be installed on your machine in order to run.

Before you use this program, make sure you're familiar with the Telegrams API. You should know how to obtain a Client Key, and how to create a telegram template. Once you've obtained a Client Key, a Telegram Id, and a Secret Key, you're ready to start using this program.

If you're looking for a guide on how to obtain the keys and a Telegram Id, check out Ever-Wandering Souls' Simple Guide to Sending Telegrams via API!

This program uses the NationStates Telegrammer Core library to communicate with the NationStates API.

[ Screenshot ]

(Image)

[ Links ]

Releases
Source code
More applications

How do I access the screen in the screenshot? Sorry, I'm new to API's. I have all the Codes I need, I just need to be able to access the API

If you have Java installed then you should just be able to double-click the .jar file to open the telegrammer.

Agadar
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Agadar » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:28 am

There's currently an ongoing issue where even with correct keys a '403 Forbidden' is returned. I'm looking into it further when I have the time.

Previous

Return to Technical