NATION

PASSWORD

[Missing quote/tag] Dossier page

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Lamebrainia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

[Missing quote/tag] Dossier page

Postby Lamebrainia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:09 am

Good day, everyone.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dossier
"Add <region>

There's no closing quotation mark, and the less than and greater than symbols look like a chunk of html came out.
I don't remember this being the case, can I blame it on the server having moved to https? :lol2:

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:46 am

My dossier page looks fine. Have you tried a hard refresh?

If that persists, please provide us with a screenshot. Additionally, your browser and OS would be useful for additional troubleshooting to see if the issue can be replicated.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:04 am

Maybe they mean the missing " in the second line here:

Code: Select all

You have no nations in your Dossier. To add a nation, view it and click the "Add <nation> to your Dossier" button at the bottom of its description.

You have no regions in your Dossier. To add a region, view it and click the "Add <region> to your Dossier button at the bottom of its description.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Lamebrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lamebrainia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:55 pm

Mousebumples wrote:My dossier page looks fine. Have you tried a hard refresh?

If that persists, please provide us with a screenshot. Additionally, your browser and OS would be useful for additional troubleshooting to see if the issue can be replicated.

Yes, a hard refresh was the first thing I've tried.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0

The Blaatschapen wrote:Maybe they mean the missing " in the second line here

That's exactly what we mean, thank you.
Last edited by Lamebrainia on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Lamebrainia wrote:
Mousebumples wrote:My dossier page looks fine. Have you tried a hard refresh?

Yes, a hard refresh was the first thing I've tried.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0

The Blaatschapen wrote:Maybe they mean the missing " in the second line here

That's exactly what we mean, thank you.

Oh, that "<region>" bit is what you mean? That's not a bug. It's a shorthand way of saying "INSERT REGION NAME HERE". I've seen it and its variants many times. If you notice, the message is telling you how to add a region to your dossier, so it needs some placeholder for the region name that will appear when you actually follow the directions.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Lamebrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lamebrainia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:19 pm

Phydios wrote:Oh, that "<region>" bit is what you mean? That's not a bug. It's a shorthand way of saying "INSERT REGION NAME HERE". I've seen it and its variants many times. If you notice, the message is telling you how to add a region to your dossier, so it needs some placeholder for the region name that will appear when you actually follow the directions.

Well, I've specifically called it "missing quote/tag", not a "bug". And there definitely is a quotation mark missing there, I've just put in the word "tag" in case the missing quote was produced by a bit of code missing, which is oftentimes the case. Take a look at the screenshot.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Fixed! Thanks for the report.

Lamebrainia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lamebrainia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:42 pm

[violet] wrote:Fixed! Thanks for the report.

Thank you!

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Lamebrainia wrote:
Phydios wrote:Oh, that "<region>" bit is what you mean? That's not a bug. It's a shorthand way of saying "INSERT REGION NAME HERE". I've seen it and its variants many times. If you notice, the message is telling you how to add a region to your dossier, so it needs some placeholder for the region name that will appear when you actually follow the directions.

Well, I've specifically called it "missing quote/tag", not a "bug". And there definitely is a quotation mark missing there, I've just put in the word "tag" in case the missing quote was produced by a bit of code missing, which is oftentimes the case. Take a look at the screenshot.

I saw it. I know that you were reporting the missing quotation mark, and I know that it was a bug. But you seemed to think that "<region>" was a mistake too, so I thought I'd clear that up. I'm glad that this has been fixed.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical