NATION

PASSWORD

Getting Rid of Flag on Stats Pages

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
American MapleStory
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Getting Rid of Flag on Stats Pages

Postby American MapleStory » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:59 am

Is there any way to get rid of the nation's flag which appears on the right side of the line graph under the stats page? This is so annoying because it covers up like the last 7-10 days, which are the most relevent. Thanks.
Largest Metropolitans In ROM
Henesys
Leafre
Ludi
Perion
Kerning City
Ellinia
Lith Harbor
Nautilius
Ariant
Magatia
El Nath
Rien
Ereve
New Leaf City
Crimsonwood Keep
Orbis
Oros
Cras
Kokonia
Moonplace

DEFCON: 5 4 3 2 1 0
Economic Left/Right: +8.77
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: +3.67

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:42 am

As an alternative suggestion, which I think helps with the OP's main complaint: can the flags be placed on the left instead?
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

American MapleStory
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby American MapleStory » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:30 am

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:As an alternative suggestion, which I think helps with the OP's main complaint: can the flags be placed on the left instead?

Yeah this would help. I mean, idk why they're there in the first place if theres a clearly labeled key that accompanies the color coded graphed, but if there must be a flag, cant it be on the left side or somewhere slightly above or off screen or maybe even a bit translucent?
Henesys
Leafre
Ludi
Perion
Kerning City
Ellinia
Lith Harbor
Nautilius
Ariant
Magatia
El Nath
Rien
Ereve
New Leaf City
Crimsonwood Keep
Orbis
Oros
Cras
Kokonia
Moonplace

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:30 am

American MapleStory wrote:
Almonaster Nuevo wrote:As an alternative suggestion, which I think helps with the OP's main complaint: can the flags be placed on the left instead?

Yeah this would help. I mean, idk why they're there in the first place if theres a clearly labeled key that accompanies the color coded graphed, but if there must be a flag, cant it be on the left side or somewhere slightly above or off screen or maybe even a bit translucent?

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=amer ... ensusid=73 As you can see here it's mainly the size of your flag that is causing the problem. One fix outside of changing the code would be to zoom in on your stat
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Bruination
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruination » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:08 am

My 2 coins:
I will ALWAYS be more interested in clearly seeing the rightmost edge of the graph (the most recent changes) than late February 2016 (left side) -- a time that was obviously an important update for the game, but of very limited importance to any nation founded before then. That said, I do believe the flags look better on the right, so this isn't an ideal solution. Plus nations founded after late Feb have their full history on the graph, and the left side may be of more importance to those nations.

Thus, I would much more love to see a simple toggle on/off feature for the flags like you can do with individual nation, region, or world lines. Because the flags do look good on the right, but they do simultaneously obscure an important part of the graph, more so as the graph ages and 'compresses' more dates underneath the flag. And zooming to compensate can work against you when you wish to visually compare the most recent changes to past or long term changes, so that is not an ideal solution either.

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:57 am

I think... it would be useful... if some javascript was added if at all possible.

"onhover=display:none;" and for phones "onclick=display:none" with regards to the flag. That way everyone is sorted. :).

To get the flag to come back onmouseout=display:inline should be enough to click anywhere any the flag will return. I'm sure the techies will be able to tweak this specifically or get my intention from it. Should be a very small adjustment that would make life much easier.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Enfaru wrote:I think... it would be useful... if some javascript was added if at all possible.

"onhover=display:none;" and for phones "onclick=display:none" with regards to the flag. That way everyone is sorted. :).

To get the flag to come back onmouseout=display:inline should be enough to click anywhere any the flag will return. I'm sure the techies will be able to tweak this specifically or get my intention from it. Should be a very small adjustment that would make life much easier.

Good ideas, but I think things might get a bit fraught when there are multiple overlapping flags. Bruination's idea of a clickable toggle for all flags might work better in practice.

I would much rather have a quick-and-dirty fix than let the idea die searching for an ideal UX that requires too much effort to code.

Could a techie please weigh in on whether we might expect something?
Last edited by Almonaster Nuevo on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

American MapleStory
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby American MapleStory » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:43 pm

I'm bumping this to see if any NS tech person could offer some advice. Anyways, in the mean time, how do i adjust my flag dimensions to make my flag smaller?
Henesys
Leafre
Ludi
Perion
Kerning City
Ellinia
Lith Harbor
Nautilius
Ariant
Magatia
El Nath
Rien
Ereve
New Leaf City
Crimsonwood Keep
Orbis
Oros
Cras
Kokonia
Moonplace

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:00 pm

This is a known problem with the default flags. It's on the ToDo list.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical