NATION

PASSWORD

Does this thread belong in F&NI?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Does this thread belong in F&NI?

Postby Congreveopia » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:18 am

So, I'm making a thread for a realism discussion group for my region. Judging by the brief descriptions of the different boards, and the content that I see on each, I think that it belongs in Factbooks and National Information, but I've had some problems with finding the right boards for threads before, so I figured I might as well go ahead and check before creating it.

Ausozera Realism Discussion Thread
This thread is in connection with the region New Ausozera. If you're not in that region, you're not explicitly forbidden from posting here, but there are probably better realisim advice threads out there.

Overview:

Welcome to the Ausozera Technological Realism Discussion Thread! In this thread, Ausozera decides (by proxy of elected committee) what technological wonders/societal structures/supernatural aberrations we will allow as part of our regional cannon, and what we won't.

Realism Officers:

In the words of Donner land, an ideal realisim officer exemplifies these traits:
  • Unbiased in every way
  • Respected members of the community
  • Knowledgeable of what's being presented
  • Willing to present advice to make the creation work and help the creator
  • Able to put work into the region on a daily basis
  • Cool, Calm and Collected
  • Not easily aggravatd
  • And most of all: Elected by his or her community members

The five realisim officers were elected in August of 2016, and are Congreveopia, North Arkana, Die erworbenen Namen, Free Asian Ports, and Empire of Donner land.

Jurisdiction:

Generally anything may be brought before this group. We're expecting to mostly see designs of military equipment (planes, tanks, robots, bombs, etc.), but that doesn't mean that we can only judge those things. If there's anything else (government structure, popularity of a video game, mission to the moon) that needs realism-judging, we're happy to judge it.

We will pass judgement on whether something can be part of the "Ausozera Cannon", and that's all we'll do. The OPs of RPs can feel free to restrict their RP to only entities in the Ausozera Cannon, or they can ignore it, or they can pick and choose what to allow. Nations can feel free to put whatever they want on their factbooks. We're not here to establish absolute rules that everyone must adhere to, we just establish a set of standards that people can elect to follow.

Principles:

This is a general list of overarching decisions that have been arrived at by the realism council. It establishes overall concepts of what is allowed and isn't. For example: "non-human populations are fine" or "there has been no manned landing on Mars yet".

• We have no principles yet.

Judging:

There are five realisim officers. To have something accepted into the Ausozera cannon, three or more need to approve it, and no realism officer can veto it.

The process should generally look something like this: first, a nation proposes an idea. If it's a very simple idea (a slight modification of a real-world system, for example), three of the realisim officers might go ahead and approve it right away. Otherwise, they'll probably ask some questions about it to make sure they understand it fully, and maybe even debate with the presenter a bit about whether elements of it are reasonable. As a general rule, the more research you have to back your idea, the easier it is to get it accepted. After conferring with the creator, if the idea works, they'll accept it. Otherwise, they'll describe what's wrong with it in their opinion and how to fix it. If the nation wants to, they can make the suggested changes. Alternatively, they could suggest some other changes to see if those work instead, or they can decide not to try and integrate their idea into the Ausozera cannon. This cycle can repeat however many times is necessary until the idea is accepted or dropped.

At any point in this, a realisim officer can veto the idea. If an officer vetos, the idea cannot be accepted into the cannon until they withdraw their veto. The veto is basically a tool for an officer to block something they have a problem with until they have time to explain their concern. Following the veto, the presenter (and even the other realisim officers) will talk with the veto-er to try and reach a solution they can all agree with. Once an idea has been vetoed, all five realisim officers must accept it for it it pass.

Conclusion:

That's about it! Feel free to start bringing up things for discussion, and remember that we're all working towards the same goal here: a happier and more fun experience in Ausozera. Be civil, be patient, and if this feels like a chore, then something's gone wrong.

So do you think that it would be fine to create this thread in F&NI? Thanks for any insight you can offer!
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:30 pm

Regional discussion threads are sometimes a mixed bag insofar as placement goes. That being said, the format you have chosen would, indeed, I feel, be best placed in F&NI.

Also, a bit of a Mentor nit-pick: the 'cannon' you are referring to, should be "canon." ;)
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:36 am

Kyrusia wrote:Regional discussion threads are sometimes a mixed bag insofar as placement goes. That being said, the format you have chosen would, indeed, I feel, be best placed in F&NI.

Also, a bit of a Mentor nit-pick: the 'cannon' you are referring to, should be "canon." ;)

Great! Thanks for the advice! (both pieces)
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Return to Technical