NATION

PASSWORD

[Resolved]Nation Capitalization Change

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
Issues Test Bed
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: May 29, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Resolved]Nation Capitalization Change

Postby Issues Test Bed » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:26 am

Would it be possible for one of the Site Gods™ to capitalize "Bed" in this nation's name? If not, no big deal.

Thanks either way.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6497
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:29 am

No, nation names cannot be altered, because that is what the system uses to identify your nation. Your only options are to live with it or make a new nation ;)
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 12282
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:31 am

It can only be done by an Admin. I'll poke Ballo. In the meantime, I've capitalized your forumside name.

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6497
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:39 am

Luna Amore wrote:It can only be done by an Admin. I'll poke Ballo. In the meantime, I've capitalized your forumside name.


*raises eyebrow* oh? So are capitalization changes possible, just not actual character changes?
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 12282
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:45 am

Yes, capitalization changes are possible with a small caveat:

Forum side limits account names to 20 characters. If the name is over 20 characters, the capitalization can only be changed gameside.

*edit* Ballo took care of gameside so I'm marking this resolved.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8857
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:59 pm

In principle, changing spaces to underscores and vice versa also falls under things that can be changed without breaking the game, just like capitalization. I don't think anyone has ever asked for that, though :)

User avatar
Drasnia
Minister
 
Posts: 2601
Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Drasnia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:18 pm

Interestingly, NS does not allow you to use underscores in nation names.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8857
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:23 pm

Huh, it doesn't? I thought it did.

Well, ignore me, then.

User avatar
Weed
Diplomat
 
Posts: 831
Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Weed » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Pacifica
A Fun, New, Republican region
A Democratic & Free PACIFICA
Formerly Known as Topid
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

User avatar
Drasnia
Minister
 
Posts: 2601
Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Drasnia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Weed wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/nation=right-wing__america

If it doesn't now it once did.

Image

User avatar
Issues Test Bed
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: May 29, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Issues Test Bed » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:16 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!!

User avatar
The Federation of Kendor
Senator
 
Posts: 4583
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:45 pm

Luna Amore wrote:Yes, capitalization changes are possible with a small caveat:

Forum side limits account names to 20 characters. If the name is over 20 characters, the capitalization can only be changed gameside.

*edit* Ballo took care of gameside so I'm marking this resolved.

Wait,then does that mean i can get my capitalization fixed too.I wany to fix my "federation" word in my nation name to get the F in the federation word capitalized.But my nation name is over 20
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

User avatar
Imperium Anglorum
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9712
Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Is this only feasible because the capitalisation is stored in a name field which is then referenced by basically doing this:

Code: Select all
nationName.toLowerCase().replace(" ", "_")

To the original nation name?
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Author: 1 SC and 36 GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
Toxic villainous globalist kittehs
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley (EMW); OOC unless otherwise indicated
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Dastardly villain providing free services to the community sans remuneration

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 12282
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:59 pm

The federation of Kendor wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:Yes, capitalization changes are possible with a small caveat:

Forum side limits account names to 20 characters. If the name is over 20 characters, the capitalization can only be changed gameside.

*edit* Ballo took care of gameside so I'm marking this resolved.

Wait,then does that mean i can get my capitalization fixed too.I wany to fix my "federation" word in my nation name to get the F in the federation word capitalized.But my nation name is over 20

I was under the impression that it was ill-advised to edit the forumside names over 20 due to how it has to be done, but I see [v] just did that, so we'll just need to be patient and wait for her.

User avatar
[violet]
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14613
Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:43 pm

Luna Amore wrote:I was under the impression that it was ill-advised to edit the forumside names over 20 due to how it has to be done, but I see [v] just did that, so we'll just need to be patient and wait for her.

It requires some manual fiddling, yes. But done.

User avatar
The Federation of Kendor
Senator
 
Posts: 4583
Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:46 pm

[violet] wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:I was under the impression that it was ill-advised to edit the forumside names over 20 due to how it has to be done, but I see [v] just did that, so we'll just need to be patient and wait for her.

It requires some manual fiddling, yes. But done.

Thanks Violet
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

User avatar
Glory Communist Norway
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 118
Founded: May 26, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Glory Communist Norway » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi there mods I was just wondering why you could do it for this nation but not for me?
IATA Member

I am an proud, independent nation of the Sovereignty Cooperation Pact!

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8857
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Glory communist norway wrote:Hi there mods I was just wondering why you could do it for this nation but not for me?
Possibly because you haven't asked before?

The closest was that you once asked for nonstandard letters, which is something very different.

User avatar
Glory Communist Norway
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 118
Founded: May 26, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Glory Communist Norway » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Glory communist norway wrote:Hi there mods I was just wondering why you could do it for this nation but not for me?
Possibly because you haven't asked before?

The closest was that you once asked for nonstandard letters, which is something very different.

I asked in a GHR
IATA Member

I am an proud, independent nation of the Sovereignty Cooperation Pact!

User avatar
[violet]
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14613
Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:21 pm

Done!

User avatar
Klorgia1
Envoy
 
Posts: 257
Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Klorgia1 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:54 pm

Is it possible to capitalize the name of a region at present, like how its done with nation-names?
News: This Sig Still Exists.

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 24765
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:22 pm

Klorgia1 wrote:at present

At present neither regional officers nor moderators have that ability. While it's possible that admins could add it, I'd have to say that it would be extremely low priority. I don't remember anyone else ever asking.

User avatar
Klorgia1
Envoy
 
Posts: 257
Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Klorgia1 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:26 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Klorgia1 wrote:at present

At present neither regional officers nor moderators have that ability. While it's possible that admins could add it, I'd have to say that it would be extremely low priority. I don't remember anyone else ever asking.


Alright, thanks.

Violet merciful, if theres ever a chance you want to change my regions name to 'The United Nations of Liberalia', that would be wonderful. Thanks in advance in the unlikely event.
Last edited by Klorgia1 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
News: This Sig Still Exists.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bhang Bhang Duc, Eluney, LollerLand

Advertisement

Remove ads