NATION

PASSWORD

Stately - a NationStates app for Android

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8544
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:58 am

Greater Tern wrote:Stately 1.10.3 is now available on Google Play, the Amazon Appstore and GitHub. This update contains a possible fix for the login issue, along with some improvements such as the ability to zoom along the y-axis on census trend graphs. Let me know what you think!


Hi there! I'm sad to say that the login issue is still persistent as of now. And it was not done with AutoComplete but with manual typing.

I have tried Valentine Z and The Multiverse of Holly Starlight on the app to log in.

I could try changing the password of one of my nations and see if I can log in from there.

EDIT: Never mind, it works now!

There seems to be some issue with the old password across all my puppets, so I changed to another strong password, and there you go, works like a charm. Thanks again!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
De Valentian CV.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 12
Valentijn called She: 41
Valentijn now a She!

• Eat my fking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
Greater Tern
Envoy
 
Posts: 323
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Greater Tern » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Hi there! I'm sad to say that the login issue is still persistent as of now. And it was not done with AutoComplete but with manual typing.

I have tried Valentine Z and The Multiverse of Holly Starlight on the app to log in.

I could try changing the password of one of my nations and see if I can log in from there.

EDIT: Never mind, it works now!

There seems to be some issue with the old password across all my puppets, so I changed to another strong password, and there you go, works like a charm. Thanks again!

Interesting, that probably means that the login issue is still present. In any event I'm glad that you can login to your nations again. Thank you so much for your help!

User avatar
British Prussia
Minister
 
Posts: 2480
Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

dark mode

Postby British Prussia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:16 am

Been using this app rather quietly for some time now. Just a small feature request from you, a dark or black mode?
British Prussia - Britisches Preußen
Content provided by: Foreign & Trade Office | Ministry of War
Embassy | Factbook | C.W.Sentinel | Regional Map
WARCON: | Critical | Severe | Substanial | Low
Response: | Execptional | Heightened | Normal
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.69

Conservative Cosmopolitan
Cosmopolitan 18%
Secular 17%
Reactionary 4%
Authoritarian 14%
Capitalistic 12%
Pro-Military 9%
Anthropocentric 43%
Monarchy, Centre-Right, Military, Economic Interventionism, Trade, Wealth, Living Wage, Social Conservatism, Capitalism, Pro-Choice, Lesbians/Gays/Bisexuals, Roman Catholicism, Hong Kong, Commonwealth of Nations, Anglosphere, Conservative Party (UK), National Party (NZ)

User avatar
Greater Tern
Envoy
 
Posts: 323
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Greater Tern » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:30 am

British Prussia wrote:Been using this app rather quietly for some time now. Just a small feature request from you, a dark or black mode?

It's one of the themes listed in the settings page.

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8544
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:38 am

Oh yes, I and a few of my friends using the app also realised that Stately tracks trend changes down to even more minute differences.

For example, you have HDI, or any other stats going up and down in 0.0005% increments, while the actual NS site doesn't show it. I wonder why is that?

Just a curious question from me.



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
De Valentian CV.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 12
Valentijn called She: 41
Valentijn now a She!

• Eat my fking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
Greater Tern
Envoy
 
Posts: 323
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Greater Tern » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Oh yes, I and a few of my friends using the app also realised that Stately tracks trend changes down to even more minute differences.

For example, you have HDI, or any other stats going up and down in 0.0005% increments, while the actual NS site doesn't show it. I wonder why is that?

Just a curious question from me.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Looking at the HDI trends for your nation, what Stately shows seems to match up with what's on the NS site. The app gets its data directly from the NS API, so it should show the same data as the site.

User avatar
Sargon Reman
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 182
Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sargon Reman » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:42 pm

I would recommend setting it up to send mass telegrams for recruitment. Not stamps but with API, if thats possible.
Author of SC Resolution #265, #281...and #288.

User avatar
Renolia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 126
Founded: Sep 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Renolia » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:12 am

Hello, I know this has been asked multiple times however I am curious to know what progress has been made towards incorporating factbooks into the app. I absolutely love the aesthetic of the app and definitely plan to use it often, the extra information I can get on the evolution of my stats is also very nice! I wish you good luck as you continue development!

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8544
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:42 am

Greater Tern wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Oh yes, I and a few of my friends using the app also realised that Stately tracks trend changes down to even more minute differences.

For example, you have HDI, or any other stats going up and down in 0.0005% increments, while the actual NS site doesn't show it. I wonder why is that?

Just a curious question from me.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Looking at the HDI trends for your nation, what Stately shows seems to match up with what's on the NS site. The app gets its data directly from the NS API, so it should show the same data as the site.


Ah, sorry, I meant something like this. Those small percentage changes that NS doesn't seem to show.

This was after choosing an option in Voorzichtigheid.

Voorzichtigheid. <- Link to nation.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
De Valentian CV.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 12
Valentijn called She: 41
Valentijn now a She!

• Eat my fking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
British Prussia
Minister
 
Posts: 2480
Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby British Prussia » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:08 am

Greater Tern wrote:
British Prussia wrote:Been using this app rather quietly for some time now. Just a small feature request from you, a dark or black mode?

It's one of the themes listed in the settings page.

I'm such a tard.
British Prussia - Britisches Preußen
Content provided by: Foreign & Trade Office | Ministry of War
Embassy | Factbook | C.W.Sentinel | Regional Map
WARCON: | Critical | Severe | Substanial | Low
Response: | Execptional | Heightened | Normal
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.69

Conservative Cosmopolitan
Cosmopolitan 18%
Secular 17%
Reactionary 4%
Authoritarian 14%
Capitalistic 12%
Pro-Military 9%
Anthropocentric 43%
Monarchy, Centre-Right, Military, Economic Interventionism, Trade, Wealth, Living Wage, Social Conservatism, Capitalism, Pro-Choice, Lesbians/Gays/Bisexuals, Roman Catholicism, Hong Kong, Commonwealth of Nations, Anglosphere, Conservative Party (UK), National Party (NZ)

User avatar
Greater Tern
Envoy
 
Posts: 323
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Greater Tern » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:33 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Ah, sorry, I meant something like this. Those small percentage changes that NS doesn't seem to show.

This was after choosing an option in Voorzichtigheid.

Voorzichtigheid. <- Link to nation.


Thanks for the screenshot! The app sends issue decisions through the API, which seems to return more detailed data than the website. I could get rid of more minute changes from the app if that's preferred.

Renolia wrote:Hello, I know this has been asked multiple times however I am curious to know what progress has been made towards incorporating factbooks into the app. I absolutely love the aesthetic of the app and definitely plan to use it often, the extra information I can get on the evolution of my stats is also very nice! I wish you good luck as you continue development!


Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to look into it, since it's a pretty big feature.

Sargon Reman wrote:I would recommend setting it up to send mass telegrams for recruitment. Not stamps but with API, if thats possible.


That's not feasible on Android, sorry.

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8544
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:49 am

Greater Tern wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Ah, sorry, I meant something like this. Those small percentage changes that NS doesn't seem to show.

This was after choosing an option in Voorzichtigheid.

Voorzichtigheid. <- Link to nation.


Thanks for the screenshot! The app sends issue decisions through the API, which seems to return more detailed data than the website. I could get rid of more minute changes from the app if that's preferred.



Oh, no, not at all! I actually love the detailed changes, actually. Because sometimes I wish that the NS site itself would send more detailed and minute changes. Sometimes, it seems like you will get "stuck" in some stats, but they are just moving slowly.



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
De Valentian CV.
Flag Bracket - 1st for Mk I! 2nd for Mk II!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! | F7 Etiquette

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 12
Valentijn called She: 41
Valentijn now a She!

• Eat my fking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
United Calanworie
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 44
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United Calanworie » Tue May 26, 2020 4:58 pm

I hope I'm not gravedigging here, but since there have been commits to the repo in the last ~month, I'm hoping that this is still under active development.

With the advent of the dispatch API, are dispatch/factbook posting capabilities going to be added?
Aav#7137

* The Ragerian Imperium
* Hartfelden
* WebTrigger

User avatar
Greater Tern
Envoy
 
Posts: 323
Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Greater Tern » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:10 pm

Damn, it's been over two years since the last update!

Stately 1.10.4 is now available on Google Play, the Amazon Appstore and GitHub. And thanks to the efforts of a contributor, Stately will hopefully be available on F-Droid soon.

This update adds International Artwork as a census trend, fixes the scaling issue with the Average Income of Rich scale, and contains several other bug fixes and improvements. As always, let me know what you think!

United Calanworie wrote:I hope I'm not gravedigging here, but since there have been commits to the repo in the last ~month, I'm hoping that this is still under active development.

With the advent of the dispatch API, are dispatch/factbook posting capabilities going to be added?


Honestly, the biggest issue for bringing dispatches/factbooks into Stately is properly rendering pages within the app itself. I have some ideas on how to approach this, but it'll take a while to implement.

User avatar
Jahass
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Mar 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jahass » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:04 am

This is a great app all around, except it doesn't seem to support trading cards? Is that right? Any support intended in the future?

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Minister
 
Posts: 2178
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:39 am

Jahass wrote:This is a great app all around, except it doesn't seem to support trading cards? Is that right? Any support intended in the future?

Probably not. Putting more cards stuff on API will lead to huge manipulation of the market using scripts
Honeydewistania (Nation mostly does not represent real life views.)

Retired Regional Military Director of Lazarus
Ambassador to the WA: Benji Schubert Hepperle
Assistant to the Ambassador: Rekeil Wrigglesworth II
Official Coffee-fetcher and Masseuse: Jonathan Santos de Oliveira

The MT Army Warrior
Need me? Click here!
Biggest acheivement: Spelling
GA#494 Regulating Desalination
GA#498 Ban on Forced Blood Sports
GA#502 Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"
GA#507 Repeal "Promotion of Recycling"
GA#511 Ensuring Effectual Recycling
GA#518 Reducing Disease Vectors
GA#521 Repeal "GMO International Trade Accord"

SC#315 Commend Vippertooth33
SC#320 Condemn Noahs Second Country
SC#324 Commend The Red Fleet
SC#331 Commend Sierra Lyricalia

User avatar
Riemstagrad
Diplomat
 
Posts: 899
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Riemstagrad » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:22 am

Also, keep in mind that stately answers issues through the API. The consequence is that no card packs are generated.

User avatar
United Calanworie
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 44
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United Calanworie » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:47 pm

Greater Tern wrote:
United Calanworie wrote:I hope I'm not gravedigging here, but since there have been commits to the repo in the last ~month, I'm hoping that this is still under active development.

With the advent of the dispatch API, are dispatch/factbook posting capabilities going to be added?


Honestly, the biggest issue for bringing dispatches/factbooks into Stately is properly rendering pages within the app itself. I have some ideas on how to approach this, but it'll take a while to implement.


Thanks for the info!
Aav#7137

* The Ragerian Imperium
* Hartfelden
* WebTrigger

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LollerLand

Advertisement

Remove ads