NATION

PASSWORD

When do Regions cease to exist?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Arux
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

When do Regions cease to exist?

Postby Arux » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:29 am

Exactly when does a region cease to exist when it's devoid of any nations?
RIP Asceria. My first ever NS account I used for a GCR that wasn't for roleplay. Reached 1.2 billion population.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:49 am

Arux wrote:Exactly when does a region cease to exist when it's devoid of any nations?

At either Major or Minor update.

As you probably know, regions are ordered in a certain order, which the server cycles through, updating legislation, who is delegate etc.
When it gets to the region that is empty's turn, and there is no one inside the region, the region ceases to exist, unless it is a Game Created Region, which are meant to be immortal.

The exact time is the exact time the region updates, which you would get by calculating the regions update time (viewing timestamps for issues is a good way to figure out a general time, but the split second timing scripts aren't generally public).

Your current region updates at 43 minutes in at Major and 36 minutes in at Minor, but both times it is at the later end of the minute. It varies by a small amount each update varying on server load etc.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Railroad Crossing
Attaché

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Railroad Crossing » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:40 pm

Railroad Crossing
A large trainyard.

Return to Technical