NATION

PASSWORD

Largest Public Sector World Census Report

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Grendels
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Largest Public Sector World Census Report

Postby The Grendels » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:20 pm

I think something misfired in the engine to make me 109th in the world for size of public sector, unless the military are being counted as public sector.

"The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one,"

Doesn't sound like the nation description of someone 109th in the world for largest public sector. Grendels are a bit confused about the sheer volume of this new level of government spending. I know we've chopped down a lot of trees, but surely some of those office supplies could come from neighbouring nations if we ran out, instead of writing memos on the hides of endangered species.
“In off the moor, down through the mist bands,
God-cursed Grendel came, greedily loping.
The bane of the race of men roamed forth, hunting for a prey."

Beowulf

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:45 pm

The Grendels wrote:I think something misfired in the engine to make me 109th in the world for size of public sector, unless the military are being counted as public sector.

"The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one,"

Doesn't sound like the nation description of someone 109th in the world for largest public sector. Grendels are a bit confused about the sheer volume of this new level of government spending. I know we've chopped down a lot of trees, but surely some of those office supplies could come from neighbouring nations if we ran out, instead of writing memos on the hides of endangered species.

It's most likely a gaming error. Either that or you weren't supposed to be 109th.

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008

Postby Sanctaria » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 pm

The Grendels wrote:I think something misfired in the engine to make me 109th in the world for size of public sector, unless the military are being counted as public sector.

Why wouldn't they be counted? Wiki tells me the military is public service in most countries.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Postby Socio Polor » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Sanctaria wrote:

Why wouldn't they be counted? Wiki tells me the military is public service in most countries.

Thats one extra reason.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Postby Socio Polor » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Doing research, you'll find out most public sectors are services. If your services are bad, thats probably why
Last edited by Socio Polor on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Technical