NATION

PASSWORD

Poll: Opting out of the invader/defender game

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you had the option, would you have your region choose to opt out of the Invader/Defender game?

1) If it meant no hostile takeovers, definitely!
30%
2) I like the concept, but I don't think there is a surefire way to keep raiders out, even with an opt out. Yes, but with reservations.
10%
3) I would, but then that would mean _I_ couldn't invade someone else. So, No for me.
2%
4) The I/D game is the heart and soul of NS. You can't push it to one side. No for me.
27%
5) Only players willing to participate in the I/D game should sign up for NS. If they can't cope with inter-regional warfare, they should be playing some other game. No opting out for anyone!
12%
6) My region doesn't mix with the others anyway. So this really wouldn't affect me.
8%
7) _What_ I/D game? Never heard of it!
11%

Total votes : 185

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Re: Poll: Opting out of the invader/defender game

Postby Naivetry » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Eluvatar wrote:Of course, not only were the internal conflicts ignited horrible for Taijitu, several of our potential and actual friends were very upset. Equilism closed their embassy over that (Naivetry could tell you more), as did the Pacific and Gatesville. Indeed, of all the people I knew who weren't actual Raiders, the only figure *not* upset that I can recall was Kandarin himself. I applaud his cool.

Yep. That was the first Foreign Affairs statement I ever had to write. The closure of relations was only posted on Taijitu's forums, I think, where it has since disappeared into deep archives; I've got a copy, but it's tucked away in our FA drafting area.

That whole saga is one of many possible examples for why Kandarin got his Commendation. :)

Former English Colony
Lobbyist

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Former English Colony » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:49 pm

Marcuslandia wrote:
St Constatine wrote:
Marcuslandia wrote:
How do you "capture" something that big????

It takes a ton of work.

Here's the pertinent question to my mind: Can a nation be ejected and banned from those Pacific regions?

You should try out life in a feeder, it can be quite fun. Although as people have pointed out, I wouldn't recommend The Pacific given your leanings. (As much as I <3 Krulltopia, they are a bit overbearing over there). TNP is quite a nice place, you should check it out. :)
I R ERAS

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Former English Colony wrote:
Marcuslandia wrote:Here's the pertinent question to my mind: Can a nation be ejected and banned from those Pacific regions?

You should try out life in a feeder, it can be quite fun. Although as people have pointed out, I wouldn't recommend The Pacific given your leanings. (As much as I <3 Krulltopia, they are a bit overbearing over there). TNP is quite a nice place, you should check it out. :)

Indeed. Whenever we feel our constitutional freedoms are threatened, we complain, sue, and revolt (hopefully in that order, and only when necessary :D).

Live free or die!

Whamabama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Whamabama » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:01 pm

I once got ejected out of TNP. Course I was invited into the region for the sole purpose of letting Cisco eject me, but still.

Course my nation in TWP also got ejected under less fun circumstances. Though I was told to come back.

"The sovereignty of one's self over one's self is called 'liberty'."
Founder of Equilism
E-Army Officer
Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms
Equilism's Forum http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

Previous

Return to Technical