NATION

PASSWORD

Feature Request: Telegram forwarding...

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Avakael
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Feature Request: Telegram forwarding...

Postby Avakael » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:58 am

I suspect this has been suggested before, but the telegram system overhaul is seemingly finished and this didn't happen, so I want to put it back in the limelight.

I have a strange state of names. "Avakael" is what I used on most offsite forums and instant messaging services, and so Avakael is what I'm referred to as virtually everywhere in NS, but "Klaus Devestatorie" is where I conduct 99% of my NS side business. Generally, I don't even remember that I actually -have- "Avakael", and I only log into it using a script.

Most people know me and contact me on this nation first- in fact, most people don't even make the connection between "Avakael" and "Klaus Devestatorie", or between those two names and many of my other puppets (not sure why), which means I'll often miss questions from people for months at a time. I can't block telegrams on Avakael because I have the gold plated donator status on it (which means a limitless inbox), so there's no foolproof way for me to prevent people from putting messages in a never read inbox. So if possible, I'd like the capacity to set up telegram forwarding so that I don't miss messages to puppets like this one, and so I don't have to check dozens of inboxes to see if people have tried to talk to me ingame anytime recently.
Last edited by Avakael on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Klaus Devestatorie. Not the other way around.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:11 am

Seeing that you use a script, can't you adapt the script to see if a puppet has telegrams?
The Blaatschapen should resign

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:14 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:Seeing that you use a script, can't you adapt the script to see if a puppet has telegrams?

I have absolutely no idea how to fiddle with any kind of script language. :(

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:12 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:Seeing that you use a script, can't you adapt the script to see if a puppet has telegrams?

I am guessing he is using Auralia's script, which I don't believe can be modified to check for telegrams.

Return to Technical