NATION

PASSWORD

The Chain: Three issues long?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Thistledom
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 04, 2005
Corporate Police State

The Chain: Three issues long?

Postby Thistledom » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:38 am

Hello all,

I was really excited to finally, finally get The Chain to start for my nation. I was especially careful to log in to NS every day to address my issues so I wouldn't lose one... and after the third one, I'm back to a normal, non-Chain issue.

The news post said "This 19-issue story has different routes in which to travel, all with different endings.". Is it possible I picked a route that ended after the third one? Or does it take breaks and another Chain issue will crop up somewhere down the line?

I'm just so disappointed, I was waiting for the Chain for so long, I didn't expect it to be over so fast.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:11 am

Looking at your National Happenings, you got four issues in the Chain- 387, 389, 391, and 405. The entire Chain has been mapped here (top of the first post), so you can go through and see the path you took. I did that myself, and I can see that yes, you took one of the shorter paths. Unfortunately, when the Chain is over, it's over. If you want to get it again, you'll have to use a puppet that hasn't gotten it yet.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:12 am

1. The Chain has 19 different issues, but no path uses all of them. I think the longest is six. The one you took was only three issues long.
2. You only get the Chain once.

EDIT: Ninja'd :p
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Thistledom
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 04, 2005
Corporate Police State

Postby Thistledom » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:18 am

Ah drat. I thought it would go through all 19 of them. Thanks for the link though! At least I can read them all.

Return to Technical