NATION

PASSWORD

The Almighty NationStates FAQ

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Passwords
Attaché

Founded: Jan 16, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby United Passwords » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:21 pm

Sawenia wrote:why is the character limit 800?even if you put spoilers

Hey! I think it is also a way so that people don’t put long novels of content in a sig. if you need longer, use a dispatch
Hello, based human :)/NOTAMOD
We need to stop the spam in moderation. Copy in sig to spread the word.
appeals > spamming/trolling
The forum is for 13 and older
light reading
Advice to newbies:
Don’t use personal insults.
Don’t fangirl your R/D military
Keep convos on topic
Use only ONE WA nation, and don't let any WA nations log in on your device
Don’t crack peoples passwords
Warning levels need to be synched
I mean, come on. Just because i spammed on Stalin as a girl does not mean i did not spam. My warning level is 2. Not 0.
Tips for appeals
Only use the moderation forum for forumside stuff and you are currently not forumbanned, otherwise go here, and specify whether it is a first or final appeal, don’t insult or flame the mods.

The Tony Paporordia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 20, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Tony Paporordia » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:15 am

Msje wrote:Am I allowed to hand a nation (give the password of it) to another nation?
Is this allowed?

Perfectly fine, I’ve done this before twice
First time was making a public nation called Public Account, semi-successful
And the second time was to great a regional nation for my former region
My nation is The Tony Paporordia and I am the Vice-Delegate/Assembly Master of my region, the Holy John Three with a total of 4 endorsements, though I have reached a total of 7 endorsements at most. I was founded in the Pacific and also reached a total of 4 endorsements there.

Founded: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:28 am in the Pacific (Central Daylight Time)
Joined Forum: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:42 am (Central Daylight Time)

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:20 pm

The Tony Paporordia wrote:
Msje wrote:Am I allowed to hand a nation (give the password of it) to another nation?
Is this allowed?

Perfectly fine, I’ve done this before twice

I'm not sure why you're answering a question that was answered six months ago. But let me clarify something, even though I am no moderator: nation sharing is not "perfectly fine". The mods allow it but strongly discourage it. When you do it, you take many risks. See below for more information:

viewtopic.php?p=16394962#sharing
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

The Tony Paporordia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 20, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Tony Paporordia » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:04 pm

Phydios wrote:
The Tony Paporordia wrote:Perfectly fine, I’ve done this before twice

I'm not sure why you're answering a question that was answered six months ago. But let me clarify something, even though I am no moderator: nation sharing is not "perfectly fine". The mods allow it but strongly discourage it. When you do it, you take many risks. See below for more information:

viewtopic.php?p=16394962#sharing

I thought this was an active thread though…
My nation is The Tony Paporordia and I am the Vice-Delegate/Assembly Master of my region, the Holy John Three with a total of 4 endorsements, though I have reached a total of 7 endorsements at most. I was founded in the Pacific and also reached a total of 4 endorsements there.

Founded: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:28 am in the Pacific (Central Daylight Time)
Joined Forum: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:42 am (Central Daylight Time)

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:06 pm

Are there any WA resolutions which were repealed by the same author as the repealed-resolution?

The Ambis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ambis » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:44 pm

La Xinga wrote:Are there any WA resolutions which were repealed by the same author as the repealed-resolution?

Queb wrote “Liberate Islamic States” and co-authored its repeal. Only one off the top of my head
MINISTER | Magister | Godfather | Archangel | Justice
...There's an obvious gameplay solution to that problem - burn Algerheaven to the ground.
An insightful quote from Site Director Sedgistan

My main base of operations. The Ambis, Legal Affairs Minister of Thaecia, at your service.
Find my citizenships here, my accomplishments here, and my positions here.

"When Alger is the voice of reason, you know you have a problem"

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:02 pm

Many liberations are repealed by their authors because they are often operation-specific proposals that are retired when no longer strictly necessary. Outside of that, it is more rare. There was a brief attempt by Skydip to repeal their own commendation as an icebreaker for a political comeback, but it ran out of steam and was never completed. I do not remember any others.

The only time in the GA that I can immediately remember a primary author repealing their own resolution was GAR 584 being repealed by GAR 588, by Minskiev.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:40 pm

The Ambis wrote:
La Xinga wrote:Are there any WA resolutions which were repealed by the same author as the repealed-resolution?

Queb wrote “Liberate Islamic States” and co-authored its repeal. Only one off the top of my head

Refuge Isle wrote:Many liberations are repealed by their authors because they are often operation-specific proposals that are retired when no longer strictly necessary. Outside of that, it is more rare. There was a brief attempt by Skydip to repeal their own commendation as an icebreaker for a political comeback, but it ran out of steam and was never completed. I do not remember any others.

The only time in the GA that I can immediately remember a primary author repealing their own resolution was GAR 584 being repealed by GAR 588, by Minskiev.

Alright, thank you both.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical