NATION

PASSWORD

The Almighty NationStates FAQ

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Caldornia
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Caldornia » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:27 am

I am a returned NS player, started to play again about January. As all retired or experienced NS players usually have a "nostalgia" about their past regions, I tried to visit several regions I used to have roleplay and gameplay in, and I found that those regions have CTE'd either because the residenst has left it or they also CTE'd.

Is there a way to see the region (the WFE, the RMB) if they has ceased to exist?

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2441
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Phydios » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:38 am

Caldornia wrote:I am a returned NS player, started to play again about January. As all retired or experienced NS players usually have a "nostalgia" about their past regions, I tried to visit several regions I used to have roleplay and gameplay in, and I found that those regions have CTE'd either because the residenst has left it or they also CTE'd.

Is there a way to see the region (the WFE, the RMB) if they has ceased to exist?

When a region is gone, it's gone for good. But you can try web archives like the Wayback Machine. They might give you some snapshots of your old regions.
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’


User avatar
Visigotha Nova
Attaché
 
Posts: 94
Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Visigotha Nova » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:44 pm

Caldornia wrote:I am a returned NS player, started to play again about January. As all retired or experienced NS players usually have a "nostalgia" about their past regions, I tried to visit several regions I used to have roleplay and gameplay in, and I found that those regions have CTE'd either because the residenst has left it or they also CTE'd.

Is there a way to see the region (the WFE, the RMB) if they has ceased to exist?

Yes, via the Wayback machine. You can recreate the region, if you want. Just use puppets, and try to replicate what you can remember.
The Representative of the Micronation of Visigotha Nova.
Owner of the VNWF

User avatar
Space2
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: May 15, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Space2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:38 am

Speaking of regions that have ceased to exist, how often are region names reserved - I've only come across it once I was interested what the process is behind that and what criteria have to be met for that to happen?

User avatar
Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20818
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:21 am

Space2 wrote:Speaking of regions that have ceased to exist, how often are region names reserved - I've only come across it once I was interested what the process is behind that and what criteria have to be met for that to happen?
There's no way for ordinary players to reserve region names, only the Admins and maybe the Game Mods can do so... and generally speaking, I think, they do so only for regions that have been involved in such grievous offences for their permanent destruction to seem an appropriate punishment.
See viewtopic.php?p=28235164#p28235164 for details of one of the incidents involved.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

User avatar
Space2
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: May 15, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Space2 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:50 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Space2 wrote:Speaking of regions that have ceased to exist, how often are region names reserved - I've only come across it once I was interested what the process is behind that and what criteria have to be met for that to happen?
There's no way for ordinary players to reserve region names, only the Admins and maybe the Game Mods can do so... and generally speaking, I think, they do so only for regions that have been involved in such grievous offences for their permanent destruction to seem an appropriate punishment.
See viewtopic.php?p=28235164#p28235164 for details of one of the incidents involved.


Thanks! Wouldn't have been involved in that incident but maybe something occurred I wasn't aware of

User avatar
Frostopia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frostopia » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Using the forum via smartphone...


When I click on the 'your posts' page, is there a way for me to find the link to my exact post? It's getting hard to follow my posts where I would like to have a dialogue with people who replied.... I'm usually sitting through pages hoping to find it....

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8262
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:17 pm

Frostopia wrote:Using the forum via smartphone...


When I click on the 'your posts' page, is there a way for me to find the link to my exact post? It's getting hard to follow my posts where I would like to have a dialogue with people who replied.... I'm usually sitting through pages hoping to find it....

Little image of a piece of paper on the upper left of posts, to the left of the post by/post date.

User avatar
Frostopia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frostopia » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:20 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:
Frostopia wrote:Using the forum via smartphone...


When I click on the 'your posts' page, is there a way for me to find the link to my exact post? It's getting hard to follow my posts where I would like to have a dialogue with people who replied.... I'm usually sitting through pages hoping to find it....

Little image of a piece of paper on the upper left of posts, to the left of the post by/post date.


That just takes me to the new posts since my last login time

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8262
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:24 pm

Frostopia wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Little image of a piece of paper on the upper left of posts, to the left of the post by/post date.


That just takes me to the new posts since my last login time

Example
If you see the little red thing, when you click it, it will bring you to a page with that post as your start point and it's url in your browser bar. It works fine with non-red ones also, that's just indicates unreadness.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Tech Modling
 
Posts: 61431
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:53 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Space2 wrote:Speaking of regions that have ceased to exist, how often are region names reserved - I've only come across it once I was interested what the process is behind that and what criteria have to be met for that to happen?
There's no way for ordinary players to reserve region names, only the Admins and maybe the Game Mods can do so... and generally speaking, I think, they do so only for regions that have been involved in such grievous offences for their permanent destruction to seem an appropriate punishment.
See viewtopic.php?p=28235164#p28235164 for details of one of the incidents involved.

https://www.nationstates.net/region=nazi

There are some other ways. Empty the region. Refound with modly puppet.
1. Tech modling. No idea what it means, but it has a fancy colour.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. Size matters. Bigger is forbidden and won't give the mods pleasure.

User avatar
Vlandia1
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: May 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

No notifications

Postby Vlandia1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:45 pm

I don’t get notifications when this one nation quotes me, is this a common issue?
Lindon Uriel of the Fascist Westphalian Kingdom of Westphalia.
Proud regional development officer of Westphalia.
You can call me Vlan or Vland though.


User avatar
Vlandia1
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: May 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlandia1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:34 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Vlandia1 wrote:I don’t get notifications when this one nation quotes me, is this a common issue?

Did you uncheck the checkbox?

No it only happens with this one nation, not the entire region. I don’t really know how this happened.
Lindon Uriel of the Fascist Westphalian Kingdom of Westphalia.
Proud regional development officer of Westphalia.
You can call me Vlan or Vland though.

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 26576
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:57 am

Vlandia1 wrote:No it only happens with this one nation, not the entire region.

I have a feeling you didn't actually look at the link. That's not a regional setting - it's a national setting. You get to it from your Notices / Subscriptions. Go look again.

User avatar
Vlandia1
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: May 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlandia1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:43 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Vlandia1 wrote:No it only happens with this one nation, not the entire region.

I have a feeling you didn't actually look at the link. That's not a regional setting - it's a national setting. You get to it from your Notices / Subscriptions. Go look again.

Oh shoot I didn’t see the bottom drop down box, but I did look at it the first time (https://ibb.co/mtCCtV6) Thank you.
Lindon Uriel of the Fascist Westphalian Kingdom of Westphalia.
Proud regional development officer of Westphalia.
You can call me Vlan or Vland though.

User avatar
Hobbesistan
Minister
 
Posts: 2448
Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:17 am

Waddup, my dudes.

It seems we're rapidly approaching my 4th year of running this magnificent trainwreck of a thread. I've been pretty busy with RL drama and family issues, but if there's any suggestions people want to see implemented hit me up.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

User avatar
Recuecn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 912
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Recuecn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:47 pm

Frostopia wrote:Using the forum via smartphone...


When I click on the 'your posts' page, is there a way for me to find the link to my exact post? It's getting hard to follow my posts where I would like to have a dialogue with people who replied.... I'm usually sitting through pages hoping to find it....

I was wondering this myself earlier and I don't think the answer you got was quite what you were looking for, since it didn't answer my question at least... I think the best way to do it, which I just discovered, is actually to go to the bottom of your nation page, where there's another link to "your forum posts". This page is actually different and will have a 'jump to post' link, even in situations where you've read the rest of the thread.
rəswɛsən

User avatar
Al0ne
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: May 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al0ne » Thu May 30, 2019 6:37 am

Why do I keep on getting security errors when I try to post a factbook entry.

User avatar
Flanderlion
Minister
 
Posts: 2074
Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Thu May 30, 2019 6:42 am

Al0ne wrote:Why do I keep on getting security errors when I try to post a factbook entry.

Did you login to another nation while you were writing it? Or did you login to the nation on another device at the same time? Copy the text into a notepad, refresh, reopen the page, then try again.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

User avatar
Makdon
Envoy
 
Posts: 309
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Makdon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:32 pm

How do you subscribe to topics and forums?
⁝ Former World Assembly Officer of The Rejected Realms ⁝ 2 x SCR author ⁝ Question Mark ⁝

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2441
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Phydios » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Makdon wrote:How do you subscribe to topics and forums?

You don't. That was disabled a while back. People reported the subscription emails as spam, restricting NS's ability to send necessary email. So it had to go. Some mentions of it remain, like in the UCP.
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

User avatar
Wyrdas
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Flag

Postby Wyrdas » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Hello.
  My flag was removed because it allegedly violates some rules. I'm not exactly aware of what. I am aware that there is half the flag of the Third Reich in the lower left corner. The other half is the flag of the European Union. It is not about supporting Nazism. It is a comparison of modern Nazism in the form of the European Union. I had this flag for years and it was never a problem. It also expresses my belonging to the nation and hometown. Then there is the coat of arms of the Soviet Union - which reflects the harmony with my state. So massive military socialism. Can I get a statement of what specifically is wrong at this time? I need help to know what specifically is wrong. And if it's "really" wrong. If after so many years a small double flag in the lower left corner bothers you? If so, I'll fix it. I've always played simply. He answered questions and enjoyed his nation. I have no experience with forums and therefore I apologize. I couldn't find a better thread. Unable to reply to flag removal message. I also apologize, my English is not good.
Thank you.

User avatar
Wayneactia
Minister
 
Posts: 3235
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:03 am

Wyrdas wrote:Hello.
  My flag was removed because it allegedly violates some rules. I'm not exactly aware of what. I am aware that there is half the flag of the Third Reich in the lower left corner. The other half is the flag of the European Union. It is not about supporting Nazism. It is a comparison of modern Nazism in the form of the European Union. I had this flag for years and it was never a problem. It also expresses my belonging to the nation and hometown. Then there is the coat of arms of the Soviet Union - which reflects the harmony with my state. So massive military socialism. Can I get a statement of what specifically is wrong at this time? I need help to know what specifically is wrong. And if it's "really" wrong. If after so many years a small double flag in the lower left corner bothers you? If so, I'll fix it. I've always played simply. He answered questions and enjoyed his nation. I have no experience with forums and therefore I apologize. I couldn't find a better thread. Unable to reply to flag removal message. I also apologize, my English is not good.
Thank you.


File a Getting Help Request as it is a game side matter.
Sarcasm dispensed liberally.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Astrobolt, Brox Reple

Advertisement

Remove ads