NATION

PASSWORD

Time out login

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Intangelon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Time out login

Postby Intangelon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:28 am

When you're typing something long in the Forums, the game can time you out.

No biggie, but in the old Jolty forum, you just logged in at the screen that told you that you were timed out, and your action (posting, for example) would continue with nothing lost.

THIS forum is a bit of a tease. It gives you a login screen, and when I tried to login with it, I got this annoying message:

You cannot login via the forum. Log in with your nation first!

Not only that, but I could not use my browser's "back" button to retrieve my text.

Now I know I should have copied the text to my clipboard, and that's why I'm more mad at myself, but still -- if you're going to have the system put up a login screen for when you're trying to post something after you've timed out, it should bleeding well work.

Is this a bug, or some kind of Vogon/Sirius Cybernetics patience exercise feature?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
+11,569 posts from Jolt/OMAC
Oh beautiful for pilgrim feet / Whose stern, impassioned stress / A thoroughfare for freedom beat / Across the wilderness!
America! America! / God mend thine ev’ry flaw; / Confirm thy soul in self-control / Thy liberty in law....

Lunatic Goofballs: The problem is that the invisible men in the sky don't tell you how to live your life.
Their fan clubs do.

Marcuslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Time out login

Postby Marcuslandia » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:43 am

In my case, I have a Navigation panel to the left of the forum. In that panel, it shows if I'm logged in. If not, the log in window is displayed below the Navigation panel.

If I see that my connection has been dropped while I'm being long-winded, I open another tab or window in my browser. I use that second browser window/tab to go to NS where I log in. Logged in on one logs me in on all. I go back to my typing. (If I'm feeling paranoid, I'll still cut and paste to the Clipboard before clicking on Submit.

[I'm using a Firefox browser. That may behave differently than yours.]
"If you don't know what is worth dying for, your life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."

Return to Technical