NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Dark Theme (Rift)

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2003
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:10 pm

Durmengrad Prime wrote:That is a thing.
I'll take a look at this the next go-around; thanks for the heads up!

Also, updated!

2023-12-01
- Corrected instances where individual historic WA resolution pages used incorrect (light) background picture.
- Removed outline around historic WA resolutions.
- Lightened "Repealed by" text and non-repealed historical WA resolution numbers.
- Changed "Next" button on Create a Nation page to be consistent with other buttons.
- Removed flag for first page Create a Nation flag.
- Centered "New Nation" text and removed white space on top of first Create a Nation page.
- Darkened background, removed rotation and box shadow, and aligned with nation name for second page Create a Nation flag.
- Removed max width from history box on Create a Nation page to center header with box.
- Lightened page number text on Create a Nation pages.
- Enlarged new nation name text and shifted text to align with flag on Create a Nation page.
- Removed margin changes for endorsement boxes as it was causing dispatch header pictures to not align to the center.
- Reduced right margin for nation descriptor on Settings page

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:37 am

Northrop-Grumman wrote:- Corrected instances where individual historic WA resolution pages used incorrect (light) background picture.
- Lightened "Repealed by" text and non-repealed historical WA resolution numbers.

The new pages look tres chic! If I may ask, though, is there a reason why Dark Theme doesn't have Ye Olde Font?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Improper Classifications
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Improper Classifications » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:08 pm

The new update’s broken WA resolutions on mobile.
Former Acolyte of Malice
Founder and Champion of Voidcall, Conqueror of Majesty and Pentarchs.
Legally proscribed in The South Pacific under On Concord.
The Imperial Federation of Improper Classifications

Northrop-Grumman
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 28, 2003
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Northrop-Grumman » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:39 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Northrop-Grumman wrote:- Corrected instances where individual historic WA resolution pages used incorrect (light) background picture.

The new pages look tres chic! If I may ask, though, is there a reason why Dark Theme doesn't have Ye Olde Font?
Thanks! As for your question, I've been attempting to keep fonts mostly consistent on each page. With the historical resolutions, it jumps around between Unifrakturcook (ye olde font), Courier New, Playfair Display, and Georgia. Unifrakurcook stands out from all the others, and I thought it best to either go all or nothing with that font.
Improper Classifications wrote:The new update’s broken WA resolutions on mobile.
I'll admit I don't really test for mobile devices when I'm updating the theme. I did go back to the previous version, tested it out, and the problem is still there (https://i.imgur.com/aRiimr8.png). Not as bad though (but still not great looking as it overlaps the text), but I can't replicate exactly what shows up on mobile on this laptop browser. What is the resolution of your browser screen and what browser/OS are you using?

Previous

Return to Technical