NATION

PASSWORD

Addng Nation History

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Marcuslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Addng Nation History

Postby Marcuslandia » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:20 pm

The RPers would probably _love_ that option.

I wonder how many Gb of hard drive would get used up with just this one change?.....
"If you don't know what is worth dying for, your life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:37 pm

As evident on the Big List,

A National Factbook Entry (NFE) has been suggested by me, and others numerous times. Its a fantastic idea, which [violet] supported a while back.

Somewhereistonia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Somewhereistonia » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Marcuslandia wrote:The RPers would probably _love_ that option.

We would? I think wikistates and NSwiki cover stuff we want to say about our nations (of course I don't speak for everybody), attaching too much information to the gameplay side is potentially quite restricting. Having very basic things such as capital name etc are ok as a quick guide, but a partial factbook (as it would surely be) would probably be misleading over the nation as a whole.

<Beddgelert> if that were true, i'd never have woken up with pockets full of ketchup
<Nth|Tableinating> Oi, my slow semen have nothing to do with this conversation!

Valipac
Ambassador

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Valipac » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:48 pm

Yeah, if we were able to add history, they would have to cap the character limit. In all likelihood, it would not really be enough to convey what it really is, and there are much better options such as WikiStates or NSWiki for such things anyways.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." - Samuel Johnson

Wiki | Using Satellites in Warfare | BoF 34 Champion
Designer of Ex-Nation Flag | AKA: Kampf

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:53 pm

How about offering the possibility to link to something, like Eluvatar or Zemnaya Svoboda from the nation page?

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:39 am

Zemnaya Svoboda wrote:How about offering the possibility to link to something, like Eluvatar or Zemnaya Svoboda from the nation page?

I was just about to suggest that. One 'national factbook' or something link - either to a wiki or the national factbook subforum.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:04 am

It would be a matter of whether [violet] wishes to enable BB codes for the nation fact book entry.

Tanaara
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tanaara » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

I would love to be able to add a limited amount of nation history

Say in place of one of the automatic paragraphs - perhaps the last one since it is redundant now that the national happenings listing falls just below it. What the national animal is and what the currency is could be incorporated as one line in one of the two remaining paragraphs.

The Interstellar Domination of Tanaara is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 9.243 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.

There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is mainly concerned with Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are on the agenda. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.The well loved national animal is the Phoenix, and the nicely stable currrency is the Auric

Founded over three hundred years ago Tanaara was, until 40 years ago, a representative democracy. However, the failed Sapphire/ Mega Corp coup, along with other long term problems, convinced the citizens to change their form of government, choosing to become an elected autocracy by popular vote. With a voting turnout of 98.2 % of the population the measure passed by 97.8%. The first Monarch, Queen Holli Go-Lightly was killed during the widening of the Tarlachian civil war that became known as the Dark War and succeeded by her voter approved heir, Queen Mercedez Merrideath Hexx who after ruling successfully for twenty five years abdicated and has been succeeded by her chosen heir, Archon Robert Ryan Fortier~ Hexx

The blue being my personally added in history - thats only 117 words, not even a thousand characters ( including spaces).

If this isn't possible, due to server space issues, then I'd love to be able to put in a link to a personally hosted web addy with the bb link code enabled. So that it looks nice - the [url=http:.....]Tanaara's History Page[/url] one rather than the http://.... version
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical