NATION

PASSWORD

Petition For An iOS and Maybe Even Android NS App

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Araksasya
Attaché

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Petition For An iOS and Maybe Even Android NS App

Postby Araksasya » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:38 am

I feel there should be an app for NS, with a new theme and have it so you can quickly access your nation. Features i feel it should include are:

Notifications for new issues, new regional message board messages, and new telegrams
Forums would probably not be able to post on their but only to view, as well as factbooks.
A futuristsic, fancy new theme with lots of transitions and animations that make it seem like it's your only little country "control panel"

Now I encourage all people who enjoy NS, to put their name and why they want a nation states app, I don't want any debate on this, no arguments or trolling comments on why we shouldn't have an NS app, but why we SHOULD HAVE an NS app.
Pro: Left Wing Zionism, Anarcho-Syndicalism, Pacifism, Stem Cell Research

Anti: Conservatism, Radicalism, Authoritarianism

Anarcho-Syndicalism
(Political Opinions based on Araksasya, the creator of Araksasya has slightly different views than listed above)

Militcom
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Militcom » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:43 am

I think its a great idea, I definitely second this. When I can't use my tablet or computer to play, its always a pain in the ass on my iPod even with the mobile theme to use everything. +1 from Militcom.

Vladisvok Destino
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladisvok Destino » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:35 am

Araksasya wrote:I don't want any debate on this

You probably shouldn't post it on a forum then ;)

It seems you're asking for a lot of administrator hours in terms of coding/testing/etc for very little benefit (there's already a mobile theme and you can use apps like Tapatalk to browse the forums.) Nevermind the fact there already are android NS apps out there created by the community.
Last edited by Vladisvok Destino on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
When plumbing the depths of depravity, I must remember to come up for air.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:51 am

See:
[violet] wrote:This thread highlights one of the issues with mobile devices: there are lots of them, with all different capabilities. HTML is reasonably unifying, since every phone manufacturer tries to equip them with a passable browser, but once you get into apps, that workload passes to the developer, who is supposed to come to grips with their idiosyncrasies. It's just not worthwhile to spend the little development time we have creating an app that will only work for a very small portion of our players. Plus there are fees involved, and administration...

So this is why we say we'll support an app that someone else builds, but we won't be building one ourselves.

Also:
Araksasya wrote:Now I encourage all people who enjoy NS, to put their name and why they want a nation states app, I don't want any debate on this, no arguments or trolling comments on why we shouldn't have an NS app, but why we SHOULD HAVE an NS app.

That's not how Technical forum threads work. They are debates. "Petitions" are not allowed. If you want to start a thread discussing why someone should create an NS app (not an NS admin; they won't), then feel free to do so. I'd suggest reading over previous threads on the matter before you do, so you'll be able to have an informed debate.

In the meantime, I'm locking this thread.

Return to Technical