NATION

PASSWORD

View Your Posts

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aglrinia
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

View Your Posts

Postby Aglrinia » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:38 am

Am I the only person who's having trouble viewing thier posts.

My laptop's fine on every other website but well it just plain sucks when it comes to trying to view my posts.
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:42 am

Aglrinia wrote:Am I the only person who's having trouble viewing thier posts.

My laptop's fine on every other website but well it just plain sucks when it comes to trying to view my posts.

The whole site has been slow for me in the last few hours, especially the view posts section. Several times a message has popped up saying the board is unavailable or something similar. It's either my Internet provider or the website, but I'm beginning to suspect its my Internet that's the issue.

Aglrinia
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aglrinia » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:48 am

Avenio wrote:

The whole site has been slow for me in the last few hours, especially the view posts section. Several times a message has popped up saying the board is unavailable or something similar. It's either my Internet provider or the website, but I'm beginning to suspect its my Internet that's the issue.

I'm starting to believe it may be the website if its happening to you as well i'm trying to get ahold of my brother he has a nation to but it looks like he hasn't been on yet.

His is Indunania.
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

Callidon
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Callidon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 am

Shouldn't this be in Technical?

I actually got a message saying the forums were unavailable for a few minutes about half an hour ago. My guess is there was high demand on the server.
Czardas wrote:"YOU'RE ALL UGLY AND UNWORTHY OF MY PENIS."
-- Quote of the year!

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 am

Avenio wrote:

I've seen times before when the notice in red showed up at the top claiming that the board doesn't work, but I've found the message to be in error. I made a test post that showed up, but according to my browser for the longest time no new posts were showing up and I imagine most other people had a similar experience.

I don't know an awful lot about the technical side of things around here, but the forum has been somewhat wonky over the last 10 or so days and I'll be interested to know if we can find out what the problem is.
Last edited by Melkor Unchained on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Spredronia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Spredronia » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:57 am

Melkor Unchained wrote:
Avenio wrote:

I've seen times before when the notice in red showed up at the top claiming that the board doesn't work, but I've found the message to be in error. I made a test post that showed up, but according to my browser for the longest time no new posts were showing up and I imagine most other people had a similar experience.

I don't know an awful lot about the technical side of things around here, but the forum has been somewhat wonky over the last 10 or so days and I'll be interested to know if we can find out what the problem is.

A possible answer could be that the forums have been recieving unusually heavy traffic over the holidays since people are free from doing regular things. It fits the fact that the place is wonky for the past 10 days. There might be a doubt, but it seems reasonable.

EDIT: Thanks Nathicana for that reason.
Last edited by Spredronia on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
(.-:-[_____]-:-) = PSP
([______])
(-:- . . -:-) PSPGo!
Taken from the Playstation.com forums. Please don't hurt me. If you want me to remove them, just say so.
Epic Thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59092
Member of the CoNS
If Twilight came to life, 50% of the world would scream in joy. The other 48% would kill themselves. If you are one of the 1% who would grab a shotty and fight to the end, C+P. Yes, it's copied, no, I don't care.

Romanar
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 15, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanar » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Spredronia wrote:A possible answer could be that the forums have been recieving unusually heavy traffic over the holidays since people are free from doing regular things. It fits the fact that the place is wonky for the past 10 days. There might be a doubt, but it seems reasonable.

EDIT: Thanks Nathicana for that reason.

Besides the holidays, a lot of the US has been hit with major snow. That might cause heavier than normal traffic too, as people are snowed in.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical