NATION

PASSWORD

[BUG] When a telegram lacks sufficient postage...

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

[BUG] When a telegram lacks sufficient postage...

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:53 am

So I tried to write a response to a telegram that was sent to 14 people. When I hit send, I was given an error for insufficient postage - and my telegram message was lost in the ether. This is terrible terrible terrible. If there is an error for whatever reason my message should not be consumed! I should be able to go back to the store, buy some handy stamps, and then simply resend. That this does not occur disincentivizes me from buying stamps (because I just lost a 3 paragraph essay...) and just makes me frustrated.

tl;dr Kill baby seals, not telegram message bodies.
Last edited by Shadow Afforess on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Notwithstanding your perfectly valid underlying point, did you get a warning before you hit Send that you lacked sufficient stamps? I.e. "Stamps Required:" in red.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:43 pm

[violet] wrote:Notwithstanding your perfectly valid underlying point, did you get a warning before you hit Send that you lacked sufficient stamps? I.e. "Stamps Required:" in red.

Nope. Because it was a reply-to-all mechanism.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Which TG were you replying to?

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:20 am

[violet] wrote:Which TG were you replying to?

https://www.nationstates.net/page=tg/tgid=7377902

Return to Technical