NATION

PASSWORD

Post Deletion

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Graveyards5
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Post Deletion

Postby Graveyards5 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:16 pm

I am hoping to suggest a new feature. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement and could come in useful for a lot of nations. perhaps there is a way for nations to delete their own posts in Nationstates Regional Civil Headquarters? sometimes the posts will sit for days, or perhaps a nation will post accidently and want to delete. its an idea? I hope the NS moderators will consider it

Graveyards5
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Post Deletion

Postby Graveyards5 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:22 pm

or maybe if the mods could do a special favor for me and delete one post I made 2 days ago (with another nation) it was an accident

Marcuslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcuslandia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:36 pm

I like the basic idea. I would go further and suggest that the Founder or WA Delegate could delete any post older than 60 days.
"If you don't know what is worth dying for, your life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."

Nation of (Ancient)
Civilian

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nation of (Ancient) » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:58 am

hmm looks like the mods are silent on this issue ....

Marcuslandia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcuslandia » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:34 pm

It would be easier to code for Founders/Delegates are allowed to delete RMB posts then it is to factor in a clock on every post. (30, 45, or 60 days before the posts are deletable. The time on the board needs to be tracked and calculated.)
"If you don't know what is worth dying for, your life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."

Return to Technical