NATION

PASSWORD

Regional 'opt-out' for R/D? [Gameplay/Proposal]

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:24 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Ainin wrote:This changes what exactly? The "we" they said is implied to mean "roleplayers" due to its context. And how do you know they don't have a presence in other RP regions?

I'd like to point out that Ainin resides currently in Esquarium, a region which, since it's founder has elected to enable Delegate Controls, has a Delegate that has 22 endorsements. This would make them very much immune from most raids, since I know of no raider group that would sink 24 players into raiding a founder region at update.

I'm just merely pointing out that many RPers in this thread that complain about Raiding and how destructive it is to the RP Community do so from behind some very well protected regions that either can't be raided, because of game mechanics, or have made themselves such an unappetizing target, no raider in their right mind would even bother.

This is, in all honesty, quite possibly the worst argument I've heard this entire thread. I've never been raped, or mugged, or even assaulted, but if I say "I think crimes like rape and mugging hand assault are terrible and something should be done about them", is my statement any less valid?
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:
I'd like to point out that Ainin resides currently in Esquarium, a region which, since it's founder has elected to enable Delegate Controls, has a Delegate that has 22 endorsements. This would make them very much immune from most raids, since I know of no raider group that would sink 24 players into raiding a founder region at update.

I'm just merely pointing out that many RPers in this thread that complain about Raiding and how destructive it is to the RP Community do so from behind some very well protected regions that either can't be raided, because of game mechanics, or have made themselves such an unappetizing target, no raider in their right mind would even bother.

This is, in all honesty, quite possibly the worst argument I've heard this entire thread. I've never been raped, or mugged, or even assaulted, but if I say "I think crimes like rape and mugging hand assault are terrible and something should be done about them", is my statement any less valid?

But there you go equating raiding to some sort of crime. It's not, it's just how they play the game.

Don't like it, then use the tools available to stop it.

Don't want to use them? Too bad.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

No, but that's not what he's saying. It would be more like medieval Britons building a strong castle to keep the Vikings out and then complaining that nobody had any way to keep the Vikings out... From the safety of their castle. Is what I think he's trying to say.

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:

But there you go equating raiding to some sort of crime. It's not, it's just how they play the game.

It is a game that comes at the expense of others, unfortunately. But that doesn't mean we should dismiss meeting raiders at the negotiating table as a valid option for bringing an end to this.
Last edited by Delmonte on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Id like to point out that Ainin resides currently in Esquarium,
I have no idea what could have possibly given you that impression.

a region which, since it's founder has elected to enable Delegate Controls,
It's necessary because our founder is often busy, and we need the WFE updated.

has a Delegate that has 22 endorsements. This would make them very much immune from most raids, since I know of no raider group that would sink 24 players into raiding a founder region at update.
And when did I claim otherwise? Tu quoque isn't an argument, and this is just grasping at straws.

The Republic of Lanos wrote:What's wrong with having solidarity amongst RPers but ok for raiders?
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:

I wasn't equating them to a crime, I was pointing out the failure of his logic. It works with positive actions as well. I think feeding starving orphans in Africa is a good thing, yet I haven't actually feed a starving African orphan. Again I ask, is my statement any less valid?

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:

I wasn't equating them to a crime, I was pointing out the failure of his logic. It works with positive actions as well. I think feeding starving orphans in Africa is a good thing, yet I haven't actually feed a starving African orphan. Again I ask, is my statement any less valid?

I see what your saying. Yeah, you're right.

"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Bone Fort wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:

It is if you say it between mouthfuls of cheeseburger. Is what would complete your metaphor to be in line with what Evil Wolf is saying.

"We couldn't- *munch*- possibly- *om nom*- feed the starving Africans! There's not enough- *gulp* food! *sluuuuuurp*"
Last edited by Delmonte on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

SFBA wabbitslayah
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA wabbitslayah » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:34 pm

Wolf is right guys, sorry. His argument isn't bullshit. He's been crashing for many many years, most of you haven't. You're talking to the guy who'd rip your region to shreds just cause who is giving you advice and setting you straight on gameplay ignorance.
Last edited by Cormac A Stark on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate/Mayor of San Francisco Bay Area
Former FRA Arch-Chancellor

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:

I see what your saying. Yeah, you're right.

So then, with that established, an RPer says he thinks raiding is wrong for whatever reason. Now, regardless of whether you think raiding is valid or not, should the fact that said RPer has never been affected by a raid have any bearing whatsoever in that debate? Or was your previous statement a lie and you actually think I am wrong and that my statements about rape, muggings, assault, and starving orphans are not valid?

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
And not without good reason. We shouldn't have to constantly worry about Big Bubba having his way with us because we want to keep our regions open to newcomers, and to keep our regions running when, as this person points out, the founder is offline:

Grenartia, you're in Ankh Mauta, a region which has it's Delegate Controls off. Who is this "we" you speak of?

I find it ironic that a player who is adamant that RPers "have to constantly worry about Big Bubba having his way with us" does so from a region which can not be raided in its current condition.

AM only turned it off after I warned them of threats from the gameplay IRC of increased raiding against RP regions (the "we" in my post, which I've explained multiple times in this thread. You raiders keep speaking of "raider unity". Is it not so foreign to you that we RPers have our own form of unity?). Its all in the RMB and regional happenings if you care to check.

Evil Wolf wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:What's wrong with having solidarity amongst RPers but ok for raiders?

Nothing, but for him to stand there and says "Oh, RPers can't protect themselves because of reasons!" when he's sitting in a region that clearly shows they can is more than a little hypocritical.

We're only doing it because ATM raiders are more likely to raid RP regions, because we 'have the gall' to speak against raiders. Also, my preferred pronoun set is they/them/their.

Evil Wolf wrote:
Ainin wrote:This changes what exactly? The "we" they said is implied to mean "roleplayers" due to its context. And how do you know they don't have a presence in other RP regions?

What we're speaking out against is the fact that we should be having to do these things in the first fucking place.

Bone Fort wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

Obviously, it is. :roll:

Ainin wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:Id like to point out that Ainin resides currently in Esquarium,
I have no idea what could have possibly given you that impression.

a region which, since it's founder has elected to enable Delegate Controls,
It's necessary because our founder is often busy, and we need the WFE updated.

has a Delegate that has 22 endorsements. This would make them very much immune from most raids, since I know of no raider group that would sink 24 players into raiding a founder region at update.
And when did I claim otherwise? Tu quoque isn't an argument, and this is just grasping at straws.

Exactly.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Bone Fort wrote:This is, in all honesty, quite possibly the worst argument I've heard this entire thread. I've never been raped, or mugged, or even assaulted, but if I say "I think crimes like rape and mugging hand assault are terrible and something should be done about them", is my statement any less valid?

Delegate Bone Fort (9 endorsements) of The Apartment Block (32 nations, founder, delegate controls disabled), it's been said many times in this thread that RPers have no way to opt-out of raiding. When pointed out that RPers can just RP in a region with a founder and delegate controls disabled and that's the same as an opt-out, some RP players, like Grenartia, have been arguing that there are reasons that RPers can't do that.

However, despite this claim, it seems that the majority of RPers reside in regions with founder and a lot of those founders have the delegate controls off. If this is true, then the claim that RPers can not protect themselves from raids, rather than simply choose not, rings empty.

Grenartia wrote:AM only turned it off after I warned them of threats from the gameplay IRC of increased raiding against RP regions (the "we" in my post, which I've explained multiple times in this thread.

Ah, good. I'm glad we've established that RPers, once aware of the risks, actually have the ability to opt-out by turning off the delegate controls. I think you've proven my point.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:This is, in all honesty, quite possibly the worst argument I've heard this entire thread. I've never been raped, or mugged, or even assaulted, but if I say "I think crimes like rape and mugging hand assault are terrible and something should be done about them", is my statement any less valid?

Delegate Bone Fort (9 endorsements) of The Apartment Block (32 nations, founder, delegate controls disabled), it's been said many times in this thread that RPers have no way to opt-out of raiding. When pointed out that RPers can just RP in a region with a founder and delegate controls disabled and that's the same as an opt-out, some RP players, like Grenartia, have been arguing that there are reasons that RPers can't do that.

However, despite this claim, it seems that the majority of RPers reside in regions with founder and a lot of those founders have the delegate controls off. If this is true, then the claim that RPers can not protect themselves from raids, rather than simply choose not, rings empty.

That is not the universal claim and it is not our grievances. Our grievances that the 'methods used to protect our regions disables our ability to RP effectively'. This is true.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5
Tech Level: FanT

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:44 pm

SFBA wabbitslayah wrote:Wolf is right guys, sorry. His argument isn't bullshit. He's been crashing for many many years, most of you haven't. You're talking to the guy who'd rip your region to shreds just cause who is giving you advice and setting you straight on gameplay ignorance.

"Wolf is right."
"Why is he right?"
"Because his argument isn't bullshit."
"Why isn't his argument bullshit?"
"Because he's been crashing for many many years."

That makes no sense.

Delmonte wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:

It is if you say it between mouthfuls of cheeseburger. Is what would complete your metaphor to be in line with what Evil Wolf is saying.

"We couldn't- *munch*- possibly- *om nom*- feed the starving Africans! There's not enough- *gulp* food! *sluuuuuurp*"

That is an extremely exaggerated allegory.

It's the equivalent of reading the news about a mugger who assault people by entering through their chimneys, and then thinking something should be done about it. Just because you don't have a chimney doesn't make your opinion any less valid.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

That is not the universal claim and it is not our grievances. Our grievances that the 'methods used to protect our regions disables our ability to RP effectively'. This is true.

Indeed.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:

Nothing, but for him to stand there and says "Oh, RPers can't protect themselves because of reasons!" when he's sitting in a region that clearly shows they can is more than a little hypocritical.

Greater Dienstad and Lucerna both put in place temporary passwords, many other regions have taken other measures to protect against raiders until the discussions have some sort of result. If GD wasn't raided and this issue wasn't created it's safe to say there would be less of a hype over this and thus your raiding (Your as in all raiders, because of your supposed "solidarity) has caused protection against raiding from people who don't want to put such measures in place but feel obliged to.

Ironic, isn't it?

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Ainin wrote:
SFBA wabbitslayah wrote:Wolf is right guys, sorry. His argument isn't bullshit. He's been crashing for many many years, most of you haven't. You're talking to the guy who'd rip your region to shreds just cause who is giving you advice and setting you straight on gameplay ignorance.

"Wolf is right."
"Why is he right?"
"Because his argument isn't bullshit."
"Why isn't his argument bullshit?"
"Because he's been crashing for many many years."

That makes no sense.

Delmonte wrote:It is if you say it between mouthfuls of cheeseburger. Is what would complete your metaphor to be in line with what Evil Wolf is saying.

That is an extremely exaggerated allegory.

It's the equivalent of reading the news about a mugger who assault people by entering through their chimneys, and then thinking something should be done about it. Just because you don't have a chimney doesn't make your opinion any less valid.

My allegory was about talking while eating. Yours is about a deranged madman who sneaks into houses through chimneys dressed, in all probability, like Santa Claus, and my allegory is exaggerated?

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:

And if some people who protest against human rights violations have never experienced one, does that mean they're wrong? Did you bother to read what I stated? What anyone's stated? Or will you just tirelessly repeat the same arguments the raiders and their supporters have been being forth and us RPers have been refuting again and again?

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:50 pm

They close off a Region makes it less open to new RP'ers, increasing the difficulty of Regional Recruiting for Roleplayers. We've had trouble with this in the past and people who are new do not contact locked RP regions. It also disrupts communication with other RPers for Interregional affairs making it harder to collaborate on interregional roleplay. It interrupts people who play Portal to Multiverse who need both founders and delegates to actively participate in sorting out the threads and stopping the play and announcements actively inhibit their roleplays. It forces RP regions to undergo a vigorous vetting process to allow people into the region which is inhibiting recruiting efforts even more than the passwords. It is forced upon an unwilling RP Community who does not want to participate in R&D. Raiders acquire the passwords and ruin work that the RP authors spend time and effort to organize for the sake of roleplaying.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

How? How the heck does it stop us from RP'ing effectively? Care to explain?

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:Our grievances that the 'methods used to protect our regions disables our ability to RP effectively'. This is true.

Really? So then why does your region, Mystria (53 nations), have a founder, the Delegate Controls disabled, and a password that is visible to the residents? I'm inclined to believe if the methods that protect your region crippled your RPing, you'd not currently have them in place. Yet, there they are.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Crystal Spires wrote:Our grievances that the 'methods used to protect our regions disables our ability to RP effectively'. This is true.

Really? So then why does your region, Mystria, which has 53 nations, a founder, the Delegate Controls disabled, and a password that is visible to the residents? I'm inclined to believe if the methods that protect your region crippled your RPing, you'd not currently have them in place. Yet, there they are.

Did you skip any of the above posts of people implementing these measures to protect against raids?

Did you? I think you did.
Last edited by The Republic of Lanos on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:

Really? So then why does your region, Mystria, which has 53 nations, have a founder, the Delegate Controls disabled, and a password that is visible to the residents? I'm inclined to believe if the methods that protect your region crippled your RPing, you'd not currently have them in place. Yet, there they are.

We have had to change it just today with 3 people posing as recruits who were actually raiders, and we have had to actually kill much of our recruiting efforts, we've had to lock our region which would otherwise be open. You've effectively killed our recruiting efforts to Mystria. Thanks for that.
Last edited by Crystal Spires on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 2 3 4 5

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Crystal Spires wrote:We have had to change it just today with 3 people posing as recruits who were actually raiders, and we have had to actually kill much of our recruiting efforts, we've had to lock our region which would otherwise be open. You've effectively killed our recruiting efforts to Mystria. Thanks for that.

The password, to be honest, is overkill. You don't need it, the Delegate Controls being off protects you completely, even if there were raiders in your region. Don't try to blame me for your region's lack of understanding regarding game mechanics.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:57 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:Don't try to blame me for your region's lack of understanding regarding game mechanics.

Uh huh. Well:
Grenartia wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:
Grenartia, you're in Ankh Mauta, a region which has it's Delegate Controls off. Who is this "we" you speak of?

I find it ironic that a player who is adamant that RPers "have to constantly worry about Big Bubba having his way with us" does so from a region which can not be raided in its current condition.

AM only turned it off after I warned them of threats from the gameplay IRC of increased raiding against RP regions (the "we" in my post, which I've explained multiple times in this thread. You raiders keep speaking of "raider unity". Is it not so foreign to you that we RPers have our own form of unity?). Its all in the RMB and regional happenings if you care to check.

Rephesus wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

Greater Dienstad and Lucerna both put in place temporary passwords, many other regions have taken other measures to protect against raiders until the discussions have some sort of result. If GD wasn't raided and this issue wasn't created it's safe to say there would be less of a hype over this and thus your raiding (Your as in all raiders, because of your supposed "solidarity) has caused protection against raiding from people who don't want to put such measures in place but feel obliged to.

Ironic, isn't it?
Last edited by The Republic of Lanos on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:

Delegate Bone Fort (9 endorsements) of The Apartment Block (32 nations, founder, delegate controls disabled), it's been said many times in this thread that RPers have to way to opt-out of raiding. When pointed out that RPers can just RP in a region with a founder and delegate controls disabled and that's the same as an opt-out, some RP players, like Grenartia, have been arguing that there are reasons that RPers can't do that.

The majority of them now reside inside such regions now, but only because of 'raiders' and their inability to understand what they do does mess with what we do. now we'd be less hurt over it if we could be assured that nothing more than having a little stamp placed on our region occurred, but you all still have yet to validate why that aspect of R/D, the griefing, should be allowed. Again, its RP being told by GP to bend over and bite the pillow because apparently you have the ability to go wherever you want because your the one "important" aspect of the site that apparently brings in "new" players. I honestly feel as though most are simply raiders wanting puppets for more successful raids.

I hope you all realize you're having to defend yourselves only because a few knuckleheads from your aspect of gameplay came over and attacked a rather prominent region in our aspect of gameplay. Right? I know people keep saying there is no "us or them" mentality, but it truly is, when I first started out here, there was hopes for that, but as more and more "raiders" appear from the woodwork, they keep expressing the same knee-jerk reaction to the idea that regions should be able to opt out of G/D. Well why the Hell not? There are over 1500+ pages of regions on the site, of which only 48 pages of those are RP regions. If 48 again is too many regions for raiders to handle leaving, maybe this aspect of gameplay never should of been invoked. It obviously is utilized as a trolling element by many and the added insult to injury that you feel this site is only for GP now, is at most preposterous. Again I bring up the point of saying it started as an exploit for features introduced for RP Regions to RP more efficiently. We were here first, it was only through the mistakes of others that you came about.

There [i]have
been arguments that you "RP" in your own special way, perhaps, but its not nation RP, it's character RP, because to simulate a nation, you must run a tax system, you must have unexplainable phenomena, branches of government (or a lack thereof) and infrastructure that revolves around the citizens of said nation (or around the whims of their dictator). Now, when people "move" regions, it's like picking up a huge chunk of land off of the planet and placing it somewhere else. RPers look for places that they can "integrate" and become stationary and thus add to the realistic aspect of a nation simulator. We often begin wars we won't win, regardless of what we feel a predetermined outcome might be and we fight more realistically than people in R/D. Pompous of me to say you might think? Perhaps, but here's my reasoning.

A raider's constant moving of his nation to "invade" regions is more along the lines of a roving bandit camp, but they don't even RP the movement, thus they simply teleport to wherever they want, sit down to squirt out a few farts, then retreat back home squealing with delight in the fact they just stank up someone's room. There is no honor in that, and it's almost pure trolling. Now what part of the above is even slightly sim-like?
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical