NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Droomeristan
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Droomeristan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:53 pm

And they don't want us to post NationStates++ issues in the Technical Forum, so I just posted here.
Droomeristan
"I never murdered the Building Commissioner." ~Samuel Grandega
WA Member

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:29 pm

The Regional Newspaper feature (and indeed, all newspapers) have apparently disappeared. I know we (The Social Liberal Union) had one and now we don't, and both the Gameplay News and Roleplay news have absolutely no articles. The link on my main page has disappeared completely.

The scrolling flags for embassies are also not working.

Anyone else having these problems?
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:33 pm

so have the maps!

Aurelio (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelio (Ancient) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Ceni wrote:The Regional Newspaper feature (and indeed, all newspapers) have apparently disappeared. I know we (The Social Liberal Union) had one and now we don't, and both the Gameplay News and Roleplay news have absolutely no articles. The link on my main page has disappeared completely.

The scrolling flags for embassies are also not working.

Anyone else having these problems?

Same problem here.

Aurelio (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelio (Ancient) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 pm

I also rest firefox and re-installed. Did not work.
Last edited by Aurelio (Ancient) on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:19 pm

No need to panic. The server was offline for a few hours. I am investigating.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Volco
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Volco » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Just got this. Have you thought about making a Greasemonkey script then an add-on? I know Safari and Opera don't have it, but I think add-ons do more to the system then a script. Most likely wrong here.

EDIT: The website seems funny. The buttons don't work.

Also, I can't use the NS++ Settings page. It loads forever. Not the page it self, but the settings part of the page. It just loads.

I am using FireFox. I do not have NoScript or any other ways it could block it. Except AdBlock.

EDIT 2: Just got the settings to work. All of a sudden they worked.

And digging the newspapers. Clever idea man.
Last edited by Volco on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Never give up, Never surrender!"

⚑ Flyer the red flag and proud of it. ⚑

Boston and Surrounding Provinces
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Boston and Surrounding Provinces » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:39 pm

if i submit an article, will it always be accepted, or do you review it?
"Vita ac Libertas”
Pro: Libertarian, capitalism, gay rights, civil rights, Bill of Rights
Anti: Conservatives, Liberals, communism, gun control
Empire of Narnia wrote:I wish I could sell my body parts for money. I would buy so many toys.

Altraxa wrote:With Cthulu, all things are possible. Remember, impossible is a word for those who haven't sacrificed enough virgins

Eaglleia wrote:Clearly, there needs to be a dinosaur rights act to properly define the acceptable treatment of dinosaurs.
"New England Confederacy"
I am 95% LibertarianDo you like public parks? Well then you're a STAAAAATIST!

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Boston and Surrounding Provinces wrote:if i submit an article, will it always be accepted, or do you review it?

It depends on the newspaper. Gameplay and Roleplay news articles are curated and reviewed first. Regional newspapers are run by their founders/delegates and they may have different rules.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boston and Surrounding Provinces » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Boston and Surrounding Provinces wrote:if i submit an article, will it always be accepted, or do you review it?

It depends on the newspaper. Gameplay and Roleplay news articles are curated and reviewed first. Regional newspapers are run by their founders/delegates and they may have different rules.

I meant the RP news.
How long does acceptancce take?
"Vita ac Libertas”
Empire of Narnia wrote:I wish I could sell my body parts for money. I would buy so many toys.

Altraxa wrote:With Cthulu, all things are possible. Remember, impossible is a word for those who haven't sacrificed enough virgins

Eaglleia wrote:Clearly, there needs to be a dinosaur rights act to properly define the acceptable treatment of dinosaurs.

Droomeristan
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Droomeristan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:No need to panic. The server was offline for a few hours. I am investigating.

It's fixed!
Droomeristan
"I never murdered the Building Commissioner." ~Samuel Grandega
WA Member

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Boston and Surrounding Provinces wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:It depends on the newspaper. Gameplay and Roleplay news articles are curated and reviewed first. Regional newspapers are run by their founders/delegates and they may have different rules.

I meant the RP news.

Less than 24 hours, usually within only a few hours.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boston and Surrounding Provinces » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Boston and Surrounding Provinces wrote:I meant the RP news.

Less than 24 hours, usually within only a few hours.

Cool, submitted one about an hour ago.

Update: It's in there now.
Last edited by Boston and Surrounding Provinces on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Vita ac Libertas”

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Boston and Surrounding Provinces wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:Less than 24 hours, usually within only a few hours.

Cool, submitted one about an hour ago.

is your article real life or rp? please, please let it be RL! (I live in CT, in a strict school district, I need all the snow days I can get)
Last edited by Natanian DRNR on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Boston and Surrounding Provinces » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Natanian DRNR wrote:
Boston and Surrounding Provinces wrote:Cool, submitted one about an hour ago.

is your article real life or rp? please, please let it be RL! (I live in CT, in a strict school district, I need all the snow days I can get)

Sadly, ro, but it'll probably be real some time or another. but, there's gunna be black ice (Hartford) so maybe a delay.
Last edited by Boston and Surrounding Provinces on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Vita ac Libertas”

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:13 am

Hesse wrote:We managed to get the map to pop up when you hover your cursor over it, but the direct link doesn't work. We figured out that it was because when we upload the link, it turns all capital letters into lower-case letters. Example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Mahren.png

becomes

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... mahren.png

It keeps on doing this which means we can't directly link the map correctly. Are there specific instructions on how to correctly get a map to display?

Thanks for the bug report. :palm:

I will correct the issue with case sensitivity.

Aurelio (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelio (Ancient) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:21 pm

This is probably the best plugin I have ever used, along with the Reddit Enhancement Suite. I couldn't imagine playing NS without using this.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Aurelio wrote:This is probably the best plugin I have ever used, along with the Reddit Enhancement Suite. I couldn't imagine playing NS without using this.

RES was my inspiration. ;)

Imperial Avantia
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Avantia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Safari and Chrome extentions are glitched. Just got firefox extension and it is working fine
Grand Chancellor Xavier Avantia XIV
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"
"Those that survive our passing, do so only by our consent."
Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.
-Winston Churchill
----------------------------------------------------------------

Libera Espero
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Libera Espero » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:51 pm

My chrome browser has been crashing since I got NS++... Thoughts?

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Imperial Avantia wrote:Safari and Chrome extentions are glitched. Just got firefox extension and it is working fine

Please explain what you mean by glitched. What exactly is not working as you expect? (I am on Chrome and it is working fine!)

Libera Espero wrote:My chrome browser has been crashing since I got NS++... Thoughts?

Define: Crashing. Is your browser showing the Chrome "Aw Snap!" page. Is the browsing tab crashing? Or does the entire browser crash to the desktop. Also please let me know what chrome version you are on. (You can view your version by going to the menu -> About Chrome)

Libera Espero
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Libera Espero » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:06 pm

I mean crashing as in stubbornly refusing to open in the first place. As such, I don't think I can make certain which Chrome version I have.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Libera Espero wrote:I mean crashing as in stubbornly refusing to open in the first place. As such, I don't think I can make certain which Chrome version I have.

It shouldn't be related then. NS++ only loads on NationStates.net, so just launching Chrome does not cause extensions to run. I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling.

Imperial Avantia
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Avantia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:12 pm

The Regional newspaper wouldn't work when i tried submitting the article or adding someone that can submit.
Grand Chancellor Xavier Avantia XIV
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"
"Those that survive our passing, do so only by our consent."
Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.
-Winston Churchill
----------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Imperial Avantia wrote:The Regional newspaper wouldn't work when i tried submitting the article or adding someone that can submit.

Can you describe what happens instead? Is there an error message of some kind?

Also when you add new editors, be sure you save your changes (with the save button at the bottom) or they will not take effect.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical