NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rapidblaze
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rapidblaze » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:39 am

im not sure if this could be possible, but it would be nice to have a sign on top of the page if the nation is online or not

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:13 pm

I agree. that would be cool
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Mexar
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mexar » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:31 pm

The count for my forum posts seems to work for Chrome, but not Firefox or Safari.

Dellaw
Secretary

Founded: Jul 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dellaw » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:46 pm

next to GCR's only in the recruitment thing in the regional settings, it says arnhelm signatories. what is that about?

Solocon
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Solocon » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:44 pm

I downloaded NS++ and nothing happened...I can't access any newspapers etc. except from the site. I checked; the addon is enabled and installed. I have a firefox browser. What's going on?

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:46 pm

Solocon wrote:I downloaded NS++ and nothing happened...I can't access any newspapers etc. except from the site. I checked; the addon is enabled and installed. I have a firefox browser. What's going on?

Write down any addons you want to save.
Reset Firefox following these steps: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/res ... t-problems
Reinstall NS++

This problem only happens to Firefox users. Complain to Mozilla...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Solocon
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Solocon » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Solocon wrote:I downloaded NS++ and nothing happened...I can't access any newspapers etc. except from the site. I checked; the addon is enabled and installed. I have a firefox browser. What's going on?

Write down any addons you want to save.
Reset Firefox following these steps: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/res ... t-problems
Reinstall NS++

This problem only happens to Firefox users. Complain to Mozilla...

Thanks! It works now.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Rapidblaze wrote:im not sure if this could be possible, but it would be nice to have a sign on top of the page if the nation is online or not

Alyekra wrote:Would it be possible to make an option for the forum counter to count bookmarked thread replies along with/ instead of unread replies in general?

Ekoridge wrote:I had an idea for the extension that isn't that important, but it would make me (and every other grammar Nazi) happier. Would there be some way to add words to the spell-checker? For example: I could add my nation's name and then it wouldn't show up as a misspelled word? Like I said, it's not the most important thing you could add, but it would be good to have.
(P.S. That last update did wonders for me, keep up the good work!)
:bow:

I just want to say to all of you, I have not missed your suggestions and they are all being considered. I have wanted an online status for a while, and also I have been thinking about a forum side spell-check and profanity filter...

;)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:forum side spell-check

Even IE 10 has spell-check beyond Firefox and Chrome to name a few.

and profanity filter...

Hell no. Plus, it's already an option in the UCP under Board preferences>Edit display options: Enable word censoring.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:28 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:forum side spell-check

Even IE 10 has spell-check beyond Firefox and Chrome to name a few.

and profanity filter...

Hell no. Plus, it's already an option in the UCP under Board preferences>Edit display options: Enable word censoring.

Not a literal filter. More like a "Are you sure you want to post this and bring down mod wrath" warning. ;)

I would never prevent a user from doing a normal action.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:Not a literal filter. More like a "Are you sure you want to post this and bring down mod wrath" warning.

If you can figure out how to code a "prevent dickish behavior" with the same sort of parameters, I'd welcome that.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:02 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:Not a literal filter. More like a "Are you sure you want to post this and bring down mod wrath" warning.

If you can figure out how to code a "prevent dickish behavior" with the same sort of parameters, I'd welcome that.

Lords knows I need it... :palm:

Hesse
Envoy

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:33 am

We at Wewelsburg are having problems updating our regional map. Directly linking an image from Wikipedia only gives a map preview error, and I'm not exactly sure what that means since it's the same image for both lines. I've tried using a smaller size for the preview, but it's still the same error. Later we tried directly linking to an imgur picture instead. It allows us to update the map that way, but when trying to look at it afterwards, it says that the image "doesn't exist"... which is strange, because it does. Does anyone know how to get the map to correctly display? We tried everything before coming to the forum.
Last edited by Hesse on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:44 am

The first link should be a link to the map discussion, perhaps a forum thread or the like.

For whatever reason, Imgur doesn't accept other links from Imgur, so when NS++ reuploads the link, Imgur generates an error. Try using another image hosting service, like tinypic, uploading it to that, then entering that as your map image.

Imperial Avantia
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Avantia » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:16 pm

I am having major problems with nationstates++, whenever i try to send a article and/or put it so that they can post, it says i don't have permission, i am the founder.
Grand Chancellor Xavier Avantia XIV
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"
"Those that survive our passing, do so only by our consent."
Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.
-Winston Churchill
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hesse
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:14 pm

We managed to get the map to pop up when you hover your cursor over it, but the direct link doesn't work. We figured out that it was because when we upload the link, it turns all capital letters into lower-case letters. Example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Mahren.png

becomes

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... mahren.png

It keeps on doing this which means we can't directly link the map correctly. Are there specific instructions on how to correctly get a map to display?
Last edited by Hesse on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Hat Guy
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Hat Guy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Hesse wrote:We managed to get the map to pop up when you hover your cursor over it, but the direct link doesn't work. We figured out that it was because when we upload the link, it turns all capital letters into lower-case letters. Example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... Mahren.png

becomes

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... mahren.png

It keeps on doing this which means we can't directly link the map correctly. Are there specific instructions on how to correctly get a map to display?

The specified link is made for the discussion of the map, not the map itself. You're meant to link to a forum thread or the like in order to discuss the map.

But again, if you'd like to link to a specific map, then upload it to another site, like tinypic, so your url would become this: http://i43.tinypic.com/wt6353.png

Then use that instead.

Hesse
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:54 pm

When using the tinypic link and not the wikimedia link, there's a "map preview error," and won't even go through then. When it is working, we can hover our cursor over the link and it comes up just fine, yet clicking the direct link doesn't work. Is that normal?

Democratic Republic of the Natan Region has a working direct map link, how are they doing this?
Last edited by Hesse on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Hesse wrote:When using the tinypic link and not the wikimedia link, there's a "map preview error," and won't even go through then.

Democratic Republic of the Natan Region has a working direct map link, how are they doing this?

we just used the same link for both

Hesse
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Finally got it working, had to use imageshack links.

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Hesse wrote:Finally got it working, had to use imageshack links.

yeah, imageshack is what I used

Droomeristan
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Droomeristan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:00 pm

The NationStates++ Badge went away :(
Droomeristan
"I never murdered the Building Commissioner." ~Samuel Grandega
WA Member

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson