NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14942
Founded: Feb 29, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:47 am

Could you possibly make it possible to change colors of OP's Posts? So I could have Orange should I want?
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Posts: 1653
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.


Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

User avatar
Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12345
Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:38 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:Could you possibly make it possible to change colors of OP's Posts? So I could have Orange should I want?

I second this idea.

Regnum Dominae wrote:I think it'd be great to have a way to customize the color that is used for OP posts in a thread. The current color is too bright for my preference, but I understand that others probably disagree, and I can't be the only one who would find it useful to be able to edit that color. :)
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

User avatar
Stomalia
Minister
 
Posts: 2883
Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:47 am

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Stomalia wrote:
I don't see an option to change it when I post an article.

You only see it for newspapers you control.


I founded the newspaper and am the Founder of my region.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

User avatar
Shizensky
Diplomat
 
Posts: 602
Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:48 am

I am unable to move into password protected. I don't see the password icon, and when I click the button to move I'm redirected to the region's page, but I don't change regions. I never get the prompt to input a password.

I was forced to disable NS++ to move.
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

User avatar
Shadow Afforess
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:52 am

Shizensky wrote:I am unable to move into password protected. I don't see the password icon, and when I click the button to move I'm redirected to the region's page, but I don't change regions. I never get the prompt to input a password.

I was forced to disable NS++ to move.

Oops... I will fix that as soon as possible.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

User avatar
Fascist Earth
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 50
Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Earth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am

Like others, I too am having trouble editing my regional newspaper. When I use the founder account to click "Manage Newspaper," it takes me to a nearly blank page that just says "Newspaper Administration" with no option to edit anything.

I installed the NS++ early this morning [after the major] and now that a minor update has gone through, I still can't access my paper. Am I supposed to wait for the major or is there a bug of some sort?
Last edited by Fascist Earth on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shadow Afforess
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 am

Fascist Earth wrote:Like others, I too am having trouble editing my regional newspaper. When I use the founder account to click "Manage Newspaper," it takes me to a nearly blank page that just says "Newspaper Administration" with no option to edit anything.

I installed the NS++ early this morning [after the major] and now that a minor update has gone through, I still can't access my paper. Am I supposed to wait for the major or is there a bug of some sort?


It should be visible, so not a known bug. Try refreshing the page. If that does not work...

Can you tell me your browser type, and if you are using extensions like Disconnect or Ghostery that block pages?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

User avatar
Fascist Earth
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 50
Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Earth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:14 am

I am using Firefox. Not extensions that I am aware of, but I will double check my programs. Refresh didn't change anything.

User avatar
Shadow Afforess
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:23 am

Fascist Earth wrote:I am using Firefox. Not extensions that I am aware of, but I will double check my programs. Refresh didn't change anything.

Seems to be a firefox issue, no idea what is wrong, but I can't fix it for a few hours until I am out of classes. Will look into it ASAP.

For now, if you are in a rush, try Chrome. :(
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

User avatar
Fascist Earth
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 50
Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Earth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:52 am

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Fascist Earth wrote:I am using Firefox. Not extensions that I am aware of, but I will double check my programs. Refresh didn't change anything.

Seems to be a firefox issue, no idea what is wrong, but I can't fix it for a few hours until I am out of classes. Will look into it ASAP.

For now, if you are in a rush, try Chrome. :(


OK, that seemed to do the trick. Thanks.

User avatar
Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 142
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:38 pm

I tried to update to 2.1.4 for firefox, but when I did, my computer stopped responding or something so I stopped the process, and now it won't let me update to 2.1.4, and I tried disabling it, but that did not work. I tried removing it and reinstalling it, but that did not work either. however, it says I last updated it yesterday, when I tried to update but it did not work.
Last edited by Natanian DRNR on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shadow Afforess
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Natanian DRNR wrote:I tried to update to 2.1.4 for firefox, but when I did, my computer stopped responding or something so I stopped the process, and now it won't let me update to 2.1.4, and I tried disabling it, but that did not work. I tried removing it and reinstalling it, but that did not work either. however, it says I last updated it yesterday, when I tried to update but it did not work.

Reset Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/res ... t-problems

Then reinstall.
Last edited by Shadow Afforess on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

User avatar
Sri Tschow
Minister
 
Posts: 2082
Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Pardon me if this has been asked before, I haven't looked through the entire thread, but is this compatible with older versions of Safari?
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

User avatar
Shadow Afforess
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Sri Tschow wrote:Pardon me if this has been asked before, I haven't looked through the entire thread, but is this compatible with older versions of Safari?

Works with Safari 5.1+
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

User avatar
Sri Tschow
Minister
 
Posts: 2082
Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:58 pm

It has partial functionality on Safari 5.0.6, though I can't access the news pages or settings.
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

User avatar
Shadow Afforess
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 pm

NS++ 2.1.5 is out. Basically a bug fix release, no new features.
Version 2.1.5
  • Fixed Newspaper Management in Firefox
  • Fixed moving into password protected regions
  • Fixed a variety of nasty looking forms/input fields
  • Fixed various minor bugs
  • Fixed loading settings on new browsers
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

User avatar
Eaglleia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17378
Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaglleia » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:57 am

Regnum Dominae wrote:I think it'd be great to have a way to customize the color that is used for OP posts in a thread. The current color is too bright for my preference, but I understand that others probably disagree, and I can't be the only one who would find it useful to be able to edit that color. :)

I love the OP post differentiation, and I'd like to see it taken further with this idea, seconded. :D

User avatar
Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 142
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:29 pm

I changed the name of my regional newspaper, and hit save, but then, when I looked at it, it was still the same.

User avatar
Shadow Afforess
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Natanian DRNR wrote:I changed the name of my regional newspaper, and hit save, but then, when I looked at it, it was still the same.

What was the old name and what name were you changing it to?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

User avatar
Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 142
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Natanian DRNR wrote:I changed the name of my regional newspaper, and hit save, but then, when I looked at it, it was still the same.

What was the old name and what name were you changing it to?

the old name is DRNR Regional Record, and the new name is The DRNR Dispatch

User avatar
Ainin
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13979
Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:Fixed a variety of nasty looking forms/input fields

Could we please have an option to disable this in the NS++ Settings Page?
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

User avatar
Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12345
Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Ainin wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:Fixed a variety of nasty looking forms/input fields

Could we please have an option to disable this in the NS++ Settings Page?

I'm going to second this.

Also, I'm going to bring this up again:
Regnum Dominae wrote:I think it'd be great to have a way to customize the color that is used for OP posts in a thread. The current color is too bright for my preference, but I understand that others probably disagree, and I can't be the only one who would find it useful to be able to edit that color. :)
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

User avatar
Commandin Pillotus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1493
Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Commandin Pillotus » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:21 pm

I can't figure out how to use this. I downloaded it and everything, but I don't know how to work extensions.
Hello, I see you're reading this. If you're running an RP and you need some help getting players, post a request here!


For reference, I'd like to say that I'm in the Central Standard time zone.

User avatar
Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12345
Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:26 pm

Commandin Pillotus wrote:I can't figure out how to use this. I downloaded it and everything, but I don't know how to work extensions.

What browser are you using? And what version?
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

User avatar
Shadow Afforess
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1270
Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:49 am

Commandin Pillotus wrote:I can't figure out how to use this. I downloaded it and everything, but I don't know how to work extensions.

Are you from the past?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Avztralia, Global Alliance-Official

Advertisement

Remove ads