NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Indo-Malaysia
Minister
 
Posts: 2559
Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 am

I have not touched this for a very long time.

Are certain features such as newspaper creation still non-functional?
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
Minister of Foreign Affairs for KAISERREICH

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

User avatar
Gandoor
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9621
Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:51 am

Indo-Malaysia wrote:I have not touched this for a very long time.

Are certain features such as newspaper creation still non-functional?

Newspaper creation isn't 'non-functional', that entire feature has been deprecated since October 2017, so it's just not supported anymore.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently Gauche Le Mede from Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger
I'm female.
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
TGs are welcome

User avatar
Ickk
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Dec 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ickk » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:15 pm

The link to download on firefox is broken for me.

User avatar
SherpDaWerp
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1057
Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SherpDaWerp » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:38 pm

Ickk wrote:The link to download on firefox is broken for me.

Last I checked, the extension was "unsigned" - i.e. Eluvatar hasn't gone through all the rigmarole of getting Firefox to consider it a "trusted" extension. That means it's nigh-impossible to use the Firefox version of NS++ (and I'm not sure if it even is possible at all).

As a Firefox user, I would recommend installing the Greasemonkey extension and then adding LibreNS++, which is a separate but similar addition to the game.
See here for more information.
My Got Issues? contributions | An Abridged History of GI (+additions)
Any premise tips, option structure, re-written bits, advice, or ideas for issues that I provide are fair game to be used by anyone.

User avatar
Mathuvan Union
Senator
 
Posts: 4783
Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:23 am

The Regional Population Counter doesn't do anything on Chrome, unless I'm missing something. WHen I click on 'show' it changes nothing except that button to 'hide'
Last edited by Various Dictators on 1/1/0001, at 12:00 AM, edited 9,000 times in total
G'day. I have nothing to say. Damn. this rhymes. LOOK AWAY, MORTAL BEINGS!
Calvin and Hobbes is the best comic of all times. Yes, I am Hobbes
Best Song Ever. At The Rainbow in ‘74. Awesome.
Male. Refer to me as ‘he’ or I will bring memes. You do not want my memes.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch

User avatar
Smith jones
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 20
Founded: Jul 20, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Smith jones » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:20 am

is the map feature in NS++ still functionable?

User avatar
Regunalia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Feb 11, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Regional Officer Names

Postby Regunalia » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:09 pm

Apparently I don't have authorization to rename the titles of the officers in the region I founded, any reason why this could be?

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 25230
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:42 pm

Regunalia wrote:Apparently I don't have authorization to rename the titles of the officers in the region I founded, any reason why this could be?

It's nothing to do with NS++. There's a timer, I believe 26 hours, before you can do some of the admin tasks.

User avatar
Frankland
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 101
Founded: Mar 16, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Frankland » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:32 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Regunalia wrote:Apparently I don't have authorization to rename the titles of the officers in the region I founded, any reason why this could be?

It's nothing to do with NS++. There's a timer, I believe 26 hours, before you can do some of the admin tasks.

I think you're thinking of delegates. As far as I recall, founders are all powerful from day one.

There was a feature on NS++ that let you rename the position of Founder or WA Delegate themselves (not rename ROs, but rename the actual founder and WA Delegate text on the region page), and last time I used NS++ I had the same experience as above. Founding a region that existed before, I inherited the settings of the prior region, and I could not change them because I think NS++ remembered the old iteration of the region. No idea if it is still happening like that, because NS++ stopped functioning at a level that I would describe as usable ages ago for me, but it sounds like it is still happening. Not sure this feature really matters too much any longer since we now have ROs and can give out custom names in-game, which we could not do back when Affy was supporting NS++.

EDIT: See OP where features are listed, I think Regunalia is probably talking about titles as are referenced:
Eluvatar wrote:Regional Maps & Titles
Last edited by Frankland on Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also Known As:
Topid, Weed, Daynor
NS Player since Aug 2006
Former Defender, SC Author

User avatar
New Theasonic
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Feb 18, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Theasonic » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:39 am

yeah its been 5 days since i founded a region and i still get You are not authorized to update the regional titles

User avatar
Comfed
Diplomat
 
Posts: 893
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:32 am

New Theasonic wrote:yeah its been 5 days since i founded a region and i still get You are not authorized to update the regional titles

This feature has never worked for me either.
Mall:
Best part about being a mod was engaging in normal player behavior and getting accused of abuse
"You think this is abuse? I'll SHOW you abuse."
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Numero Capitan wrote:I haven't bothered reading back but I can unequivocally say that I agree with everything HEM has said and Unibot is wrong

Put this in your sig if you passed biology and know that gender and sex are not the same thing.

User avatar
New Theasonic
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Feb 18, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Theasonic » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:35 pm

Comfed wrote:
New Theasonic wrote:yeah its been 5 days since i founded a region and i still get You are not authorized to update the regional titles

This feature has never worked for me either.

Damn

User avatar
Gibraltarians
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Mar 02, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibraltarians » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:51 pm

Is there a another extension for Nationstates that works?

User avatar
Comfed
Diplomat
 
Posts: 893
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:56 pm

Gibraltarians wrote:Is there a another extension for Nationstates that works?

There’s LibreNS++
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=304199
Mall:
Best part about being a mod was engaging in normal player behavior and getting accused of abuse
"You think this is abuse? I'll SHOW you abuse."
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Numero Capitan wrote:I haven't bothered reading back but I can unequivocally say that I agree with everything HEM has said and Unibot is wrong

Put this in your sig if you passed biology and know that gender and sex are not the same thing.

User avatar
New Theasonic
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Feb 18, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Theasonic » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:47 pm

I dont know how to use that

User avatar
Aikoland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1693
Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Corporate Bordello

Postby Aikoland » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Comfed wrote:
Gibraltarians wrote:Is there a another extension for Nationstates that works?

There’s LibreNS++
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=304199

LibreNS++ hasn't been updated in three years and the developer CTE'd a month ago, so you're basically SOL if something is wrong.

Look, I'm gonna be honest here: I think we've long gone past the time where we all have to admit that NS++ is near completely broken extension and has been for years and, unless you need to use the puppet switching feature (like I do cuz I have a lot of accounts), I would not recommend it for anyone to use anymore.
♥ Empire d'Aikoland ♥
Trois États, Une Impératrice
Official Flag|Factbook|Q&A

A small Francophone nation located on a group of islands to the south of France. Primary territory of the nation consists of three main islands, the states as described in our national motto, along with smaller less populated islands surrounding them.
Official Nation Name: The Empire of Aikoland
Government Type: Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Empress Élisabeth IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mélodie Bélanger
Population: 5.8 million
Official Language: French
Current Year: 2021

User avatar
SherpDaWerp
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1057
Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby SherpDaWerp » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:25 pm

Aikoland wrote:LibreNS++ hasn't been updated in three years and the developer CTE'd a month ago, so you're basically SOL if something is wrong.

LibreNS++ hasn't needed an update in 3 years - the relevant parts of NS haven't changed at all in that period either. Plus, it's open-source, so if something breaks and South Jarvis isn't around to fix it, any other programmer can step in.

I'd still recommend using LibreNS++ instead of NS++ for basically anyone who's interested.
My Got Issues? contributions | An Abridged History of GI (+additions)
Any premise tips, option structure, re-written bits, advice, or ideas for issues that I provide are fair game to be used by anyone.

User avatar
Smith jones
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 20
Founded: Jul 20, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Smith jones » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:28 pm

SherpDaWerp wrote:
Aikoland wrote:LibreNS++ hasn't been updated in three years and the developer CTE'd a month ago, so you're basically SOL if something is wrong.

LibreNS++ hasn't needed an update in 3 years - the relevant parts of NS haven't changed at all in that period either. Plus, it's open-source, so if something breaks and South Jarvis isn't around to fix it, any other programmer can step in.

I'd still recommend using LibreNS++ instead of NS++ for basically anyone who's interested.

I’ve been hesitant to try it because of tempermonkey

User avatar
Regunalia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Feb 11, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Regunalia » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:33 pm

Perhaps I missed something but I have 2 issues

1: I can't find any option or reference to an option to create a regional newspaper through NS++

2: I can't change RO titles through NS++ even though I am the founder and I have been for over a month now

If anyone could help me with either of these, it would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
Leutria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1685
Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Leutria » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:22 pm

Regunalia wrote:Perhaps I missed something but I have 2 issues

1: I can't find any option or reference to an option to create a regional newspaper through NS++

2: I can't change RO titles through NS++ even though I am the founder and I have been for over a month now

If anyone could help me with either of these, it would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot answer the first, but regional newspapers are no longer supported.

Eluvatar wrote:Newspapers are being deprecated. If existing newspapers can't be seen, however, that's not intended. I'll look into that at some point soon-ish.
Last edited by Leutria on Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads