NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:18 pm

Caesorum Ultionem wrote:
Nilrahrarfan wrote:I've switched to LibreNS++ until you fix this extension.

could you point me in the direction of that?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=304199
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Fancy New Age Music
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fancy New Age Music » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Eluvatar wrote:
First Sons wrote:Hey Elu, if fixing this game-breaking and long-term yet fairly simple bug could become a priority at some point, that'd be great - http://i.imgur.com/Onw03qF.png

Souls

Thank you for the screenshot, that does contextualize the problem quite well.

I'll try to get to that in the next couple of days.

Did some digging; hope this helps:

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Another thing: There's a bug where if you are the founder of a region but the region has existed previously, you can't recruit via NS++. I don't think many people do, but it's still annoying for those that do
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Argentinstan
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Wondering how can you create a regional newspaper.
A United Nations of Earthlings member state. Former Prime Minister.
Embassy Program l Bank of the Atlantic l Air Argentine l Argentinstan City Int'l Airport l Guide to Storefronts l Issues l City/County/State/Territory Websites
Telegram Me

Argentinstan is a constitutional monarchy representative democracy led by King Menem III and President Elijah Turner.

Hybera
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hybera » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Argentinstan wrote:Wondering how can you create a regional newspaper.

Me too

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:29 pm

NOTE TO PUBLIC/ADMIN:

If NS++ is enabled, clicking on the new RMB buttons does *nothing.* They do not function. If reported, this is an NS++ bug, not a bug with the new update. I have DM'd Elu with this bug, so he knows it exists (and also nagged him about some other ones too).

Edit for clarify - New buttons do still work in dispatches/telegrams/etc. Just not on the RMB.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:31 pm

¿How do you get NS++ on smartphones?
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Solomons Land wrote:¿How do you get NS++ on smartphones?

Not possible.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Solomons Land wrote:¿How do you get NS++ on smartphones?

Not possible.

Is there anything like it that I can get on my smartphone?
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014

Postby Phydios » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Solomons Land wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Not possible.

Is there anything like it that I can get on my smartphone?

I don't know of any browser for any mobile device that allows you to install extensions.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:NOTE TO PUBLIC/ADMIN:

If NS++ is enabled, clicking on the new RMB buttons does *nothing.* They do not function. If reported, this is an NS++ bug, not a bug with the new update. I have DM'd Elu with this bug, so he knows it exists (and also nagged him about some other ones too).

Edit for clarify - New buttons do still work in dispatches/telegrams/etc. Just not on the RMB.

Clarification: The new editing buttons do not work on the plain region page and then scrolling down to the RMB. They DO work, however, when you're in the forum view of the RMB.
See You Space Cowboy...

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:58 am

Drasnia wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:NOTE TO PUBLIC/ADMIN:

Clarification: The new editing buttons do not work on the plain region page and then scrolling down to the RMB. They DO work, however, when you're in the forum view of the RMB.

In forum view on the RMB the post that I just made stays in the "leave a message" box after I hit submit. It gets placed on the RMB, but is also still in the message box.

Even if I go to a different region, the previous message is still there.
Last edited by Big Bad Badger on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Law 16
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Law 16 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:32 am

I'm a Recruitment Officer in a region and other recruiters can see all the campaigns and effectiveness, but mine just stays here;

What I have done
Reinstalled NS++
Waited about 3 hours

Not Fixed

Law 16
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Law 16 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:55 am

Sometimes the answer is right in your face.

Had to close the window and it the problem is now...

Fixed

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:58 am

Law 16 wrote:Sometimes the answer is right in your face.

Had to close the window and it the problem is now...

Fixed

Lol
This statement is false.

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Law 16 wrote:I'm a Recruitment Officer in a region and other recruiters can see all the campaigns and effectiveness, but mine just stays here;

(Image)

What I have done
Reinstalled NS++
Waited about 3 hours

Not Fixed

Still doesn't work for me :/
Specs:
G Chrome 60.0.3112.113
Windows 10
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,
and yet I am still let down.
More funding for adaptive education (EX: XQ), funding for military, funding for IT Industry and Government funded Scientific advancement, Police needs to be a branch of the military, you can a own a gun if you are military, police, or a citizen with a licence given to only those without any criminal charges, and THE ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION OF POLITICAL PARTIES!
War going on? No problem! Call 1-800-555-9151 to get your opponent's leader assassinated! You save more when you bundle: 2 for the price of one! Buy now!
Join the United Alliance of Nations (UAN) today! Free food :3 The extreme lack of war!
We have a Pact and a World Map...

Zorcor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zorcor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:20 am

I've been WA for 4 days and can't change the Regional Delegate Title.
Please help.
Last edited by Zorcor on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." -- Nathan Hale's last words before being hanged by British.

"Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy the mad daughter of a wise mother. These daughters have too long dominated the earth." -- Voltaire.

Dracul Publishing, For all you video games needs. We make and publish.
I'm a proud member of the Dark Light Family

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Zorcor wrote:I've been WA for 4 days and can't change the Regional Delegate Title.
Please help.

I have the same issue. I can change titles, update the world map, add positions, or send telegrams.
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,
More funding for adaptive education (EX: XQ), funding for military, funding for IT Industry and Government funded Scientific advancement, Police needs to be a branch of the military, you can a own a gun if you are military, police, or a citizen with a licence given to only those without any criminal charges, and THE ABSOLUTE DESTRUCTION OF POLITICAL PARTIES!
War going on? No problem! Call 1-800-555-9151 to get your opponent's leader assassinated! You save more when you bundle: 2 for the price of one! Buy now!
Join the United Alliance of Nations (UAN) today! Free food :3 The extreme lack of war!

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:43 pm

This is a post to say that I am aware of the several problems discussed above and hope to find time to correct them soon (TM).
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Eluvatar wrote:This is a post to say that I am aware of the several problems discussed above and hope to find time to correct them soon (TM).

:) Thank you!
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:09 am

A new nasty bug: You can't input passwords to move regions ever since the lock icon got updated.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Never mind
Last edited by Fauxia on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Alusi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Alusi » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:43 pm

Fauxia wrote:Have I mentioned that the API doesn’t work if you re-found a region? I haven’t tried in a while, so forgive me if it is fixed, but I tried it out and it seemed to think I wasn’t founder.

Yep I believe he/she knows considering the past 3 complaints made about it.
Roses are red
I live in the town
I expect nothing,

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:07 am

Alusi wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Have I mentioned that the API doesn’t work if you re-found a region? I haven’t tried in a while, so forgive me if it is fixed, but I tried it out and it seemed to think I wasn’t founder.

Yep I believe he/she knows considering the past 3 complaints made about it.
Oh yeah, I realize I mentioned it before

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 pm

I've pushed up a version (2.6.0) of the extension that should fix a handful of visual glitches.

The back-end problems (to do with regional newspapers, settings, and recruitment) remain untouched. Hopefully I'll have some time to get to them before December <_<
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical