NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:08 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Natanian DRNR wrote:Afforess, is there a way you can add something to NS++ that allows us to know which nations are puppets?

"What's privacy on NationStates?"
"I don't know son, we're NS++ users."

That's a very very bad idea on multiple levels.

just a way for the regional government to be able to know if a nation has a puppet to prevent multiple voting.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Natanian DRNR wrote:Afforess, is there a way you can add something to NS++ that allows us to know which nations are puppets?

I can't do that because I don't have that information. I intentionally do not record IP address or browser information, and so have no way of determining who are puppets and who are not.

For more details: https://nationstatesplusplus.net/privacy

The Republic of Lanos wrote:

"What's privacy on NationStates?"

NationStates++ has a privacy policy. I am very clear what is and isn't collected. https://nationstatesplusplus.net/privacy

Relevant text:

What information do we retain?
NationStates++ does not retain or store IP addresses, browser user-agent, http-referrer and other various browser-metadata except for the purposes of analysing errors. At maximum, these may be kept for as long as 30 days for these purposes before being deleted. Specifically, this information is only retained if something unexpected occurred with your request, and a 40x or 50x http response code to your request was returned. Successful requests and associated metadata are not retained for any period of time.

Publicly available information about your nation, including its name, various national statistics, actions throughout the game, and public game knowledge may be recorded and stored permanently. In addition, the last time you used NationStates++, as well as your actions within the extension, website, and services may also be recorded and stored permanently.
Last edited by Shadow Afforess on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Natanian DRNR
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Natanian DRNR » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:

I can't do that because I don't have that information. I intentionally do not record IP address or browser information, and so have no way of determining who are puppets and who are not.

For more details: https://nationstatesplusplus.net/privacy

The Republic of Lanos wrote:"What's privacy on NationStates?"

NationStates++ has a privacy policy. I am very clear what is and isn't collected. https://nationstatesplusplus.net/privacy

oh than never mind. I was just hoping for a way to block a nation from voting in regional elections multiple times.

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:27 am

I wonder if one day there could be a feature in NS++ that allows one to scroll down one's list of puppets when one has quite a few it goes down to the bottom of the screen and more puppets can't be added and the create more puppets button also becomes unclickable unless I am doing something wrong.

The export puppets feature is a lifesaver but any chance the puppet list could be scrollable one day?
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:36 am

that puppet list in need of a serious overhaul anyways...remember the guy with like 4k puppets?

....I'm still scared of that guy....am i a puppet of him? :S
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

NoblePhnx
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NoblePhnx » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:53 am

Port blood wrote:that puppet list in need of a serious overhaul anyways...remember the guy with like 4k puppets?

Not Starkiller? someone had 4k pupps? *Looks around nervously
Original Ego of Revall Silverstorm
★Lord Noblephnx of The Eternal Knights

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:30 am

NoblePhnx wrote:
Port blood wrote:that puppet list in need of a serious overhaul anyways...remember the guy with like 4k puppets?

Not Starkiller? someone had 4k pupps? *Looks around nervously

i dont think so,it was another guy somewhere in this thread
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:49 am

Port blood wrote:
NoblePhnx wrote:Not Starkiller? someone had 4k pupps? *Looks around nervously

i dont think so,it was another guy somewhere in this thread

Parhae?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Shadow Assassin
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shadow Assassin » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:05 am

Affores regarding this:
https://afforess.uservoice.com/forums/2 ... s#comments

Any idea on how soon is "soon"? You probably can't give an exact date, but I will be happy with an estimation.

I was wondering if it's worth waiting a bit or should I just get one of those postmaster things already.

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Thought I would let you know NS++ now has a bad reputation on Avast! and it recommends users remove it.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Leutria wrote:Thought I would let you know NS++ now has a bad reputation on Avast! and it recommends users remove it.

Avast! is a joke from what I heard about it.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:40 pm

I already have like 500 puppets. I was wondering if there could be an option to alphabetically sort nations.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Leutria wrote:Thought I would let you know NS++ now has a bad reputation on Avast! and it recommends users remove it.

Like the website? Can you screenshot exactly what Avast is warning you about?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Leutria
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:18 pm

No, the add on. Didn't take a screenshot of the initial warning (which I felt was worded a bit more insistently), but this is what I can find at this point.

Last edited by Leutria on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:21 pm

How do you even rate NS++ to begin with?

Leutria
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:22 pm

I am not sure, have not looked it up yet.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Leutria wrote:No, the add on. Didn't take a screenshot of the initial warning (which I felt was worded a bit more insistently), but this is what I can find at this point.

I think that is based on user ratings, which I can't do anything about (other than kindly ask Avast! users to rate the app themselves ;) ).

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:36 pm

The Shadow Assassin wrote:Affores regarding this:
https://afforess.uservoice.com/forums/2 ... s#comments

Any idea on how soon is "soon"? You probably can't give an exact date, but I will be happy with an estimation.

I was wondering if it's worth waiting a bit or should I just get one of those postmaster things already.

I don't really have a timeframe.

Ubunye
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubunye » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:56 pm

Whenever I try to put a news story up on the roleplay news,I can't see it after I posted it.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:59 pm

Ubunye wrote:Whenever I try to put a news story up on the roleplay news,I can't see it after I posted it.

News stories with the Roleplay or Gameplay news have to be manually approved by editors. That takes time.

Ubunye
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubunye » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:17 am

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Ubunye wrote:Whenever I try to put a news story up on the roleplay news,I can't see it after I posted it.

News stories with the Roleplay or Gameplay news have to be manually approved by editors. That takes time.

Well,it's taken day for one of my puppets to get approved by it.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:19 am

Ubunye wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:

24 hours is not unusual.

Ubunye
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubunye » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Ubunye wrote:

24 hours is not unusual.

It's been 3 days...it's name is Cardo.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:28 pm

Ubunye wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:
24 hours is not unusual.

Your submission was reviewed and rejected for being too short, 2 days ago.

I realize the process is a bit opaque, I plan on making it clear the status of your submissions in the next release.

Ubunye
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubunye » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Ubunye wrote:

Your submission was reviewed and rejected for being too short, 2 days ago.

I realize the process is a bit opaque, I plan on making it clear the status of your submissions in the next release.

Alright thanks for the clarification!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical